Washington Heights man arrested for terror plot vol. Ninjahood is banned!!!!

30t6p3b.gif
NTers getting suspended for ignorant comments now? Guess NT General is gonna be shutdown in a few.

What ninhahood said could've been simply taken as a metaphor with use of humor and known colloquialisms.

He got banned for implying that Arab-American store owners influenced Pimentel to become a terrorist.

Bingo.  It's as simple as that. 

He said that a guy became a terrorist because he spent too much time hanging around Arab Americans.  How is that not a bigoted statement?  

We have as much of a right to OFFEND as we have the right to BE OFFENDED.

Not on here you don't.  The rules are very clear on this.  
You're here voluntarily.  If you want to offend people and you're mad that NikeTalk doesn't grant you carte blanche to do so, there are about a billion other forums standing by to accept your posts.  Pick one. 

Our community has its own distinct character and purpose.  That's our right.  It's not supposed to be all things to all people. 

This gon be good "Silly vs Meth Vol. the great wall of texts"

Sorry to disappoint, but my time isn't completely worthless.  

Without going into details but I've been reported SIMPLY for basically bashing religion...in a religion thread.

Whether you've been reported or not, you've only been warned/suspended for the following:

1) Trolling in unrelated threads (think Miami Heat fans trying to ruin a Knicks season thread - or turn every NBA discussion on earth into a Lebron > *.* thread)

2) Insults/personal attacks.  

Really, if I wanted to ban you just because you have a "dissenting opinion" about religion, why aren't you banned?  You've only done it about a thousand times on this account now.  And hey, let's be honest here - you're not saying anything that others haven't said/pasted on here countless times before you.  What's new to you isn't necessarily new to the world.  

We don't ban people for expressing "dissenting views" on religion.  Such views are expressed constantly.  We ban people for being generally obnoxious and disrespectful to others.  That's the group you'd be martyring yourself for.  
And again, i'd hate for this thread to get locked on the "premise" its off topic like the other one. 

Spare us the histrionics, please.  The other post was also several days late.  I linked to the first post started on the subject, which is standard practice even if there hasn't been a violation.  
You ever think someone reported him and no one reported what YOU thought was offensive? Nah, that's too much common sense. Report it if need be. If not, be quiet. It's pretty simple.

That's all there is to it.  NikeTalk receives THOUSANDS of new posts each day.  We don't have the time or staff-power to read all of them.  It makes sense, then, that we rely on our users to help us locate those rule violations that are considered the MOST harmful to their enjoyment of our community.  People talk in every movie theater, but you don't place ushers in every third seat just to make sure nobody's on a cell phone.  If, however, someone comes to the manager and complains about an obnoxious patron, or an usher does happen to pass by that idiot with a camcorder, odds are they'll do something about it.

If none of this "bothers" you, fine.  I'm not requiring you to complain about violations you don't care about.  It is more than a little disingenuous to suddenly care about a host of "similar" violations only AFTER you or someone you know catches a ban or suspension.  

You can't sit here and say "this stuff isn't offensive."  All of the reports suggest otherwise.  Simply because something isn't offensive to YOU doesn't mean that it can't be offensive to others or that the entire community has to revolve around YOUR preferences.  You're not the center of the universe.  Sorry. 

We're trying to make sure that tens of thousands of very different people can coexist here and we have very limited resources at our disposal.  That's not an easy task.

All you have to do is make sure that YOUR posts comply with our clearly listed forum rules.  That's a VERY easy task in comparison.  

I'm surprised this dude if even going to litigation and not being hauled off and detained in a secret prison with no counsel or civil rights under the Patriot Act and Homeland Security concerns. And this dude better not get a plea agreement or insanity...

Originally Posted by HankMoody

You ever think someone reported him and no one reported what YOU thought was offensive? Nah, that's too much common sense. Report it if need be. If not, be quiet. It's pretty simple.

qft. i thought this been known? 

for example 4wrestling makes a thread wishing death on me whenever its my birthday. i dont find it offensive thus never reporting the thread or his personal jabs so it continues as a timely tradition. and im sure he does the same............or maybe not
laugh.gif

I had no idea people reported stuff that much. Seems strange to be that offended by a post on a sneaker forum

Originally Posted by NobleKane

for example 4wrestling makes a thread wishing death on me whenever its my birthday. i dont find it offensive thus never reporting the thread or his personal jabs so it continues as a timely tradition. and im sure he does the same............or maybe not
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 thats funny

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

I had no idea people reported stuff that much. Seems strange to be that offended by a post on a sneaker forum

They are not, just an easy fix to get rid of someone they don't like....if you are offended by some stupid insignificant post someone on a sneaker forum makes that you meet even met, then damb

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

I am on a skate forum and they have a gnar/kook reputation system and you'd be surprised how many people use it. I don't even say dumb stuff on there and yet I have people hating on me all the time. I just think people can and will complain cause the internet makes it so easy to do it and to get away with it. That is why I hate Yelp and Yelpers.

He was only suspended, not banned. No need to march up on NT headquarters just yet. He's not the first to be suspending for saying something of that nature, others have been permabanned. I think it was a fair decision on Meth's part, who we have to remember does all of this to benefit us. He and other NT staff are doing us a favor keeping the site free of offensive content.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I'm pretty sure he got banned for using the word "habibis" in reference to Arab-Americans..In his defense, in NYC there are a lot of areas where Arabs are referred to as "habibi" but that same word is considered offensive in other parts of the United States so I'm assuming that's why he got the suspension

ockeys are always called that... lts slmlar to call1ng a spansh due papo or pap1

Originally Posted by megatron

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

Originally Posted by megatron

Method Man is my hero, dead #%*.
...Because it sure isn't Chris Hansen.

Why would he?
LOL I'm messing with you HBD. I just remember the days when dudes stayed harping about your age.  Props to the #Cowboys for winning yesterday, BTW.  Hope Romo can keep it up... If not, my #Eagles are waiting in the wings.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by Peep Game

*scans comments*

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I enjoy my account

*leaves*

Reported for trolling.

unless you really reported him (which i doubt) wouldn't your post be trolling also?

and did ninja even get reported? or did he just have the bad luck that meth came in here when he said what he said.

ninja has been banned before.

i think his other sn was champion hood or something like that.

nobody here is immune.

not even jrose.

Back
Top Bottom