Washington Heights man arrested for terror plot vol. Ninjahood is banned!!!!

my boy manny nailed it with the spoof. its in spanish though
roll.gif
roll.gif

I think Ninjahood should have a longer leash, he takes a lot of abuse for the entertainment of NT, AND he is a good sport about it. I think he has a few get out of jail free cards for all his contributions to the NT community. He should at least have bail or sth, like unsuspending him on grounds that he donates to one of the NT charities.

Originally Posted by quik1987

I think Ninjahood should have a longer leash, he takes a lot of abuse for the entertainment of NT, AND he is a good sport about it. I think he has a few get out of jail free cards for all his contributions to the NT community. He should at least have bail or sth, like unsuspending him on grounds that he donates to one of the NT charities.
I think you should stop slurping him.

And what Dominican stereotypes were said in the thread?

wow....did not expect this thread to turn out like this...

I'm pretty sure he got banned for using the word "habibis" in reference to Arab-Americans..In his defense, in NYC there are a lot of areas where Arabs are referred to as "habibi" but that same word is considered offensive in other parts of the United States so I'm assuming that's why he got the suspension

Yeah the mods only give warning or bans when reported.
Hell I got a warning for cussing in a thread. But in that same thread others were cussing and nothing was done to them.
Only reason I got the warning was because someone reported me.
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
Don't know why yall are throwing the cape on for the guy...the word he used is VERY offensive. There's no defending his ignorance.

so ninjahood got suspended or banned for saying the beloved in arabic?

just making sure because for all the heat he got in this thread im sure a majority of people don't even know what the word habibi means in arabic and if you don't want to use wiki then google it anywhere else.  there's a reason why people aren't offended when the word is said as the translation of it isn't anything negative.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habibi

Habibi (حَبيبي) is an Arabic word whose literal meaning is my beloved (for a male object of affection; the feminine form is habibti or habibati) and that originates from the adjective habib (beloved). In addition to its literal meaning, the term can denote any of several less formal relationships and can serve as a term of endearment at the corresponding level (e.g., friend or darling).

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

just making sure because for all the heat he got in this thread im sure a majority of people don't even know what the word habibi means in arabic and if you don't want to use wiki then google it anywhere else.  there's a reason why people aren't offended when the word is said as the translation of it isn't anything negative.

Habibi (حَبيبي) is an Arabic word whose literal meaning is my beloved (for a male object of affection; the feminine form is habibti or habibati) and that originates from the adjective habib (beloved). In addition to its literal meaning, the term can denote any of several less formal relationships and can serve as a term of endearment at the corresponding level (e.g., friend or darling).
He got banned for implying that Arab-American store owners influenced Pimentel to become a terrorist. I'm not the type to accuse someone of being racist just because of a racial joke but you never know who you're offending if you're posting that on the internet.

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Yeah the mods only give warning or bans when reported.
Hell I got a warning for cussing in a thread. But in that same thread others were cussing and nothing was done to them.
Only reason I got the warning was because someone reported me.
indifferent.gif

the report button is abused at times as a good chunk of the people doing the reporting aren't so clean and spotty themselves.

i got suspended over stuff i completely feel was unnecessary. one being me puting a letter followed by some ** which i got a suspension for using profanity or using other ways to post profanity.  that's fine as i broke a rule and have no hard feelings towards method man over it and i won't make the same mistake again.  however this is where i take issue.  the post i got suspended over was made in may,  i got my suspension in july.  the reason i got suspended was because someone reported it 2 months later which is weak in my eyes.

i personally feel that when stuff is reported there's two sides to the story and the mods should look at both sides as not everyone that reports stuff is a squeaky clean innocent victim and they did their share of dirt as well. sometimes the reports are completely warranted but alot of times the person doing the reporting as just as wrong if not worse then the person they reported.   i know 2 wrongs don't make a right but both should get punished imo.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by goDie

See what I mean about NTers hypocrisy and how they pick and choose what they find offensive?
I didnt see a single person be offended by the joking on Dominican stereotypes.

And the thing is that the rules seem to be enforced in the same manner....if Ninjahood is to get suspended, why are the people clowning him not suspended for trolling?...I mean that is trolling or not?
I$$ is that way ------->

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by goDie

See what I mean about NTers hypocrisy and how they pick and choose what they find offensive?
I didnt see a single person be offended by the joking on Dominican stereotypes.

And the thing is that the rules seem to be enforced in the same manner....if Ninjahood is to get suspended, why are the people clowning him not suspended for trolling?...I mean that is trolling or not?
I$$ is that way ------->

There is a handful of cornballs i can guarantee will always have something stupid to say to me and you are definately one of them, son just ignore my post if you dislike me that much, if I had a dime fr everytime that ISS line was used...

I$$ is that way ------->

There is a handful of cornballs i can guarantee will always have something stupid to say to me and you are definately one of them, son just ignore my post if you dislike me that much, if I had a dime fr everytime that ISS line was used...

There aren't "a handful of cornballs I can guarantee will always have something stupid to say to me." Why do you think that is?

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

He got banned for implying that Arab-American store owners influenced Pimentel to become a terrorist. I'm not the type to accuse someone of being racist just because of a racial joke but you never know who you're offending if you're posting that on the internet.
Bingo...If you're defending his notion that by hanging around Arabs that had no ties to terrorism that a man became a terrorist, you're as ignorant as Ninjahood's statement (not saying he himself is ignorant bc he often has intelligent comments, but that definitely was not one of them)

Originally Posted by quik1987

Real talk ninja gets done dirty on nt a lot. Dude gets called out on his race,his background,culture ,education . Pretty much anything that is about him. No mods step in for him when dudes straight up try to slander him .Yet he still post on nt when anybody else would have been left this site.him being banned for habibi is out of line IMO the word doesn't have a derogatory roots nor is it used as one.it's pretty much the Arabic version of homie ,Patna,n word,amigo,ese .etcEdit hmm after reading the context in how he used it I can see why some would take offense

I$$ is that way ------->

There aren't "a handful of cornballs I can guarantee will always have something stupid to say to me." Why do you think that is?

Beats me fam, to be honest I only started noticing you because of the constant negative comments out of the blue following my posts, I never did or said anything to you or anyone else....you obviously have a pre-disposed agenda against me, which I find extremely lame fam....I don't even know how the tired "I$$ is that way --->" line fits into any of this, I'm telling you, some of you display extremely feminine characteristics.

Back
Top Bottom