The OFFICIAL Powerball and Megamillions thread:

but you are wrong papi.

If you take a lump sum of 100Milli you'll need a interest rate of at least 3.85% to get 300Milli after 30years. Meaning the money would have to sit in an account collecting interest and compounding interest in order to beat out the annuity payment of 300mil.

Even by reading your comments think about it.

You making 1 million a year for 30 years to be able to make 30 million. While the annuity payment is 10Milli for 30 years.

So unless you are pulling 5% on Amy investment a year for 30 years I would go annuity. I said 5 cause I would need some of the interest to live.

Furthermore, if you was to collect 10MIL and put it in the same 3.85%account and subsequently put the annuity in the account every year, after 30 years that account would have 552Milli

Last edited:
Take the lump sum amd it invest it. Hell, go to the NT investment thread :lol:

Only reason not to is if you're careless with money or maybe under 30

Thanks for the info. Going to your estate isn't ideal either I've seen how long and drawn out that process can take. They need to revise that.

lol, some people will NEVER understand money. I would take the lump sum and spend at least 2 years learning investing and markets. I want at least, bare freaking minimum a 10-12% return on any investment and that's being modest. Hell, the DOW is almost a guaranteed 8% ROI, right?

With that said, money safe, and I'm rubbing shoulders with people that have even more money then I do, learning their ways. 

Coke and hookers time, and by hookers, I mean, Parisian, aspiring models, that love to ride the white wave. 

Any kid in my immediate family that wants to pursue college, done. If not, no money. My sisters and brothers debt, done, zero. A modest house, somewhere of their liking, but NO ONE is retiring on my dime. They can pursue degrees and education until they die on some trusts I set up, but beyond that, they're on their own. I lies, I'd set up a trust for them, they'll be good for life. $500+mil should last generations. 

I won't have a phone or any social media, people can contact me by email, but that's about it. Investment properties in Portugal, Spain, Morocco, South of France, paying for my residences in Paris and Budapest. No flashy cars, maybe a mini cooper and a vespa to get around the back steets of Roma and Firenze. Grab a PhD from Sorbonne in Paris, live the "student life" until my mid-thirties. and the good life is already built into most European cultures, so that's easy.

I just want to escape this capitalistic rat-race that is America. Sorry not sorry, I would even consider denouncing my.. eh maybe not. I would conduct most of my business as a Swiss/French national, though.

I would take the lump sum and spend at least 2 years learning investing and markets. I want at least, bare freaking minimum a 10-12% return on any investment and that's being modest. Hell, the DOW is almost a guaranteed 8% ROI, right?

Its funny a lot of the things we say we'd do after acquiring such large sums of money. We can do right now on an average salary.

Its funny a lot of the things we say we'd do after acquiring such large sums of money. We can do right now on an average salary.
I just ignored the entire reply. "Some people will never understand money" follow by "least 2 years learning investing and markets"

LoL

All this thought into money you didn't work hard for.

Give back to the less fortunate, and then enjoy your time on this earth. It's that simple

All this thought into money you didn't work hard for.

Give back to the less fortunate, and then enjoy your time on this earth. It's that simple

Exact sentiments. And im not one of those guys just saying that. I cant help the poor if I'm one of them. So I win the powerball and give back to me, thats the win win. :D

Last edited:
lol, some people will NEVER understand money. I would take the lump sum and spend at least 2 years learning investing and markets. I want at least, bare freaking minimum a 10-12% return on any investment and that's being modest. Hell, the DOW is almost a guaranteed 8% ROI, right?

With that said, money safe, and I'm rubbing shoulders with people that have even more money then I do, learning their ways. 

Coke and hookers time, and by hookers, I mean, Parisian, aspiring models, that love to ride the white wave. 

Any kid in my immediate family that wants to pursue college, done. If not, no money. My sisters and brothers debt, done, zero. A modest house, somewhere of their liking, but NO ONE is retiring on my dime. They can pursue degrees and education until they die on some trusts I set up, but beyond that, they're on their own. I lies, I'd set up a trust for them, they'll be good for life. $500+mil should last generations. 

I won't have a phone or any social media, people can contact me by email, but that's about it. Investment properties in Portugal, Spain, Morocco, South of France, paying for my residences in Paris and Budapest. No flashy cars, maybe a mini cooper and a vespa to get around the back steets of Roma and Firenze. Grab a PhD from Sorbonne in Paris, live the "student life" until my mid-thirties. and the good life is already built into most European cultures, so that's easy.

I just want to escape this capitalistic rat-race that is America. Sorry not sorry, I would even consider denouncing my.. eh maybe not. I would conduct most of my business as a Swiss/French national, though.
YOUR DIME? really.
That's some twisted chosen one god logic. What makes you more deserving than anyone else in the world? My friends and family would flourish with no strings attached. I didn't earn this money. Now I expect people to earn it back on me? I hope people would not accept your backhanded "gifts" and you live the life alone.. But that's just me.

Last edited:
Exact sentiments. And im not one of those guys just saying that. I cant help the poor if I'm one of them. So I win the powerball and give back to me, thats the win win.
happy.gif
okay jayz  
laugh.gif
   why is the word ji gga blocked ? thats a bad word.?

Last edited:
Sadly
I haven't even been playing

Will cop 5 tickets by Wednesday. Wish me luck

If I win and take annuity. A majority of members will be getting $100k each. Dead serious

If you win, it is your dime. He can do anything he wants with it, the same way he can do anything with his current dollars.No need for a moral police force anyways, it is all one big big big hypothetical situation.Why are yall taking it so seriously.

I just ignored the entire reply. "Some people will never understand money" follow by "least 2 years learning investing and markets"

LoL

Considering im not well read on the subject, why wouldn't I? I mean i could intrust a team of ivy grad slease balls to invest my millions right off the bat, but I'd rather want to sit at the table and be able to hold my own and speak to my investments, when it comes to my money. I do know a little on the surface, living off compunded interest, ratio of investments, etc.. but the money will buy me time to become an expert.

I don't know if this was answered, but if you start an LLC or Trust to accept the annuity on your behalf, if you were to die in 10 years, wouldn't your trustees or beneficiaries still collect payments for the next 20?

I think I'm finally understanding how this powerball lottery system works.

So the # we always see being advertised is never really the true "cash value" of what the powerball has available to them, right? Hence the lump sum. Am I reading that right? So that makes whatever # they set (say 900 million, or 1.3 billion some 3 days before the drawing as more of a "30 years down the line if our own team is investing goes right, you could receive this amount" eventually annuity. Sounds and feels sort of like false advertising.
https://www.illinoispolicy.org/4-5_million_in_wages_at_the_illinois_lottery/
Considering some 30% goes to schools (who still seem to always be lacking, even on a teacher salary front), and some 3% goes to paying wages to all these lottery workers, truly not every dollar spent becomes available as a winning amount. The lump sum can be pretty much any amount they want. It feels like a lot of those charities where only 10% goes to the actual cause.

This comes to mind.
http://www.businessinsider.com/smal...andise-goes-to-breast-cancer-research-2013-10
8% of breast cancer awareness NFL sales goes to actual research.

I'll skip on buying a fast food meal this week and drop $6. Anything more seems reckless for such a scam of an organization.

Last edited:
If you win, it is your dime. He can do anything he wants with it, the same way he can do anything with his current dollars. No need for a moral police force anyways, it is all one big big big hypothetical situation. Why are yall taking it so seriously.

do you ever post anything positive or not in argumentative context?

Any thread, every post I ever see of yours is always like you coming at someone to disagree with what they have to say or something

Last edited:
The lottery essentially preys on uneducated poor people with the false hope "hey it could be you" and they tend to be minorities

Seeing them all lined up for blocks and wasting their money. Ish is beyond sad :smh:

Last edited:
Once I win this, I'm sharing some of it with NT so we can all smash dimes.

Gonna give Nawtyhare some good money as long as he agrees to tip 15% for the rest of his life.

Buy property in Ninjahood's house to ensure his mom always has a route to the restroom.

Finish Cam Nelson's Saturn.

Buy all the guys in the No fap thread a fleshlight,

Buy NT.

Buy Ksteezy Levis 501's and some Timbs.

I will personally dress in Saiyan Armor for the rest of my life. I'll have an authentic scanner and everything.

Back
Top Bottom