The OFFICIAL Powerball and Megamillions thread:

On the serious note, if you guys won the 2nd prize (1 million)...would yall leave your job?

The way I see it, 1 mil isn't that much money to live off of for the rest of your life

On the serious note, if you guys won the 2nd prize (1 million)...would yall leave your job?

The way I see it, 1 mil isn't that much money to live off of for the rest of your life

Nope. I have 4.5 years left until I retire from the military, I put too much time in, and missed out on so much to walk away from that. I would bank that milli, then when I retire move me and the ol' lady to San Antonio, nice upscale neighborhood, get a decent job, and stack my retirement and still have a decent amount of my winnings because cost of living is low in Texas, plus my wife will work, we'd just be set.

nope, pay off a portion of my parent's house and keep working. when i finish my apprenticeship, I'd buy a house.

I would because my job doesn't pay ****.

Even after only federal taxes it'd be 750k.

That's not enough to live comfortably at all.

Might as well lay down and rot.

Last edited:

Even after only federal taxes it'd be 750k.

That's not enough to live comfortably at all.

Might as well lay down and rot.
$750k?! Buy a villa/vineyard in Chile, Portugal, Argentine, etc.. And FLOURISH. open B&B, invest wisely.. That's more than enough. 

^if i won anything right now, i would quit my job and travel
heck, i might do that w/o winning :lol:

I wonder how many combinations are there now that the format has changed. I remember before there was about 200million. I'm sure some crazy billionaire would have of have paid 200 million for the billion. However now the tickets are 2 dollars and I'm guessin there are more than 200Milli combinations. I

If it reaches 2billi then a billionaire could invest and take it automatically. The problem would be what if someone else gets Lucky. LMAO

Last edited:
I wonder how many combinations are there now that the format has changed. I remember before there was about 200million. I'm sure some crazy billionaire would have of have paid 200 million for the billion. However now the tickets are 2 dollars and I'm guessin there are more than 200Milli combinations. I

If it reaches 2billi then a billionaire could invest and take it automatically. The problem would be what if someone else gets Lucky. LMAO

Yup he could drop 200 mil.
And someone could drop $20.

And they would split lol. But jokes on me. I didn't win.

Yet.

How does the amount of money change the amount of combinations? Even if they raise the price to $4, it would still be the same amount of combinations unless they add numbers.

It's crazy how this powerball jackpot
Making EVERYONE forget about the scandal with the powerball
And the powerball exec resigning a few weeks ago

How does the amount of money change the amount of combinations? Even if they raise the price to $4, it would still be the same amount of combinations unless they add numbers.
they went from 59 to 69 numbers I believe ... so the combination changed .. the change in price means that instead of spending 200 million to play every combination now you have to spend 400 million. Again since the numbers went up there are more combinations now.

Only a complete imbecile would think they could retire off a milli
laugh.gif

This ain't the 1800's.
I am sure I could live off of a million for the rest of my life. I don't buy anything though

If a black guy one he still wouldnt be able to get a hooker off of backpage

Fax

Is this enough money to buy a politician

And could i build a mother base in the middle of the ocean with a private army

they went from 59 to 69 numbers I believe ... so the combination changed .. the change in price means that instead of spending 200 million to play every combination now you have to spend 400 million. Again since the numbers went up there are more combinations now.

gotcha.

Only a complete imbecile would think they could retire off a milli :lol:

This ain't the 1800's.
View media item 1864063

Bruh.... ill buy me a decent condo in Punta Cana D.R. for like $150,000 (and believe me this will get you a dream condo in D.R.) buy a couple of whips , put some money away for my daughters future...and live off of the intrest with the other half ....no businesses...no working...Nada....just wake up to read the newspaper and walk the dog.

Only a complete imbecile would think they could retire off a milli :lol:

This ain't the 1800's.
View media item 1864063

Bruh.... ill buy me a decent condo in Punta Cana D.R. for like $150,000 (and believe me this will get you a dream condo in D.R.) buy a couple of whips , put some money away for my daughters future...and live off of the intrest with the other half ....no businesses...no working...Nada....just wake up to read the newspaper and walk the dog.

That would get old to you really quick. I bet that's how previous winners squander their winnings. One needs to keep busy with something, or that temptation of having $$ will just lead to frivolous spending.

Back
Top Bottom