Teixeira to Yankees...

laugh.gif

Jesus. Just sign Manny already and let's see how this all works out. I say they get 125 W's if they get Manny. They could give A-Rod weeks off ofrest, Jeter could take June off, all kinda BS.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Oh well. I guess they didn't like losing to the Rays last season and want to teach everyone a lesson.

Pettite and Mussina gotta be feelin pretty healthy right now, think they might wanna come back and pitch once a week just for kicks?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I believe it's definitely true..... why would he have waited this long to sign????
And if you believe the Red Sox pulled their offer or stopped talking to Boras & didn't want him............ I got a Brooklyn Bridge to sell you

I never said I thought the Red Sox pulled their offer... But whatever that offer was, they had reached their limit and told Boras it was take it or leave it... I don't doubt for one second they stopped negotiating with Boras after they visited Teixiera in Texas for that couple of days... It wouldn't be the first time they have attempted to call Boras' bluff on the "We've got a mystery team offering X years at Y dollar amount" bull crap...

He waited this long to sign because he was trying to squeeze every dollar he possibly could out of the Yankees or Red Sox... He knew damn well the Yankees were feeling out the market and would jump in at the last minute with a huge offer if they felt the Red Sox were getting close to a decision... Even as early as this morning, everything reported said he was close to a decision, and the Yankees hadn't even made a firm offer... I guarantee you what it came down to is, the Red Sox didn't offer the $184 million everybody thought they had, and Teixeira started the "Oh, I prefer the Yankees, but the Red Sox have the highest offer" crap to spin off more money...

You seriously believe he preferred the Yankees the whole time and it just happened to be the Red Sox that Teixeira was having the most heated negotiations with?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah, right... Teixeira and Boras played the Yankees and Red Sox off of each other and went to the highest bidder...

We cant believe he prefered us the whole time but you and every other poster on here were positive that CC prefered the West Coast? Not saying its definitlytrue but really, whats the difference?

Watch when we have 2 teams in the WS whose combined salary isn't equal to CC, Tex, and Burnett
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

By the way
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Red Sox Nation

yall just got JACKED!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif

They are STILL the better team regardless
laugh.gif
Um no they aren't, nice try though.
And I just read the Red Sox #1 message board & they're all VERY angry so yes they feel jacked and yes a big
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
to Red Sox nation

We cant believe he prefered us the whole time but you and every other poster on here were positive that CC prefered the West Coast? Not saying its definitly true but really, whats the difference?
laugh.gif
Because it had been reported for MONTHS before free agency that CC Sabathia preferred the West Coast teams if he could get a realistic offerfrom one of those teams... People talked about that since before he was even traded to Milwaukee... That wasn't something that just came out of the blueduring contract negotiations...

Not one source in the country had reported Teixeira preferred the Yankees until after the Angels waved the white flag and the Red Sox reached their limit onwhat they wanted to offer Teixeira...

There's a drastic difference in those two situations... If you choose not to see it, fine...

By the way
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Red Sox Nation

yall just got JACKED!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
And I just read the Red Sox #1 message board & they're all VERY angry so yes they feel jacked and yes a big
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
to Red Sox nation

Umm yes they are
I'm in no way a Red Sox fan, but I'd rather have their team than yours

Oh and I called it in the last thread
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WickedNikes

channel 7 news in boston just reported that the sox are indeed the highest bidder at this time for tex and remain in the lead...

but damn, so many conflicting reports, don't know who to believe
laugh.gif
Better hope Ca$h Money doesn't slide in at the last second
devil.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
to Red Sox nation

How are they supposed to feel?

Should they walk around with a big
happy.gif
on their face that a division rivalsigned one of the biggest FAs of the year?

Originally Posted by bkmac

Out of no where!
eek.gif
I just woke up from a nap to find this out.

He is getting so much money, so he better be 'worth it' and produce.

Welcome to the Yankees though, Mark Teixeira.

By the way
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Red Sox Nation

yall just got JACKED!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
to Red Sox nation

Umm yes they are

Being a Mets, Jets and Knicks fan could be the reason why....your just a fan of losers.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
to Red Sox nation

How are they supposed to feel?

Should they walk around with a big
happy.gif
on their face that a division rival signed one of the biggest FAs of the year?

laugh.gif
They're supposed to be happy their contract offer was used asleverage to get more money from another team... And they're supposed to be even more happy that offer was used as leverage to get a bidding war going withthe Yankees...
roll.gif

By the way
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Red Sox Nation

yall just got JACKED!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
to Red Sox nation

Umm yes they are
Subway Series will be extra heated this year
laugh.gif

We cant believe he prefered us the whole time but you and every other poster on here were positive that CC prefered the West Coast? Not saying its definitly true but really, whats the difference?
laugh.gif
Because it had been reported for MONTHS before free agency that CC Sabathia preferred the West Coast teams if he could get a realistic offer from one of those teams... People talked about that since before he was even traded to Milwaukee... That wasn't something that just came out of the blue during contract negotiations...

Not one source in the country had reported Teixeira preferred the Yankees until after the Angels waved the white flag and the Red Sox reached their limit on what they wanted to offer Teixeira...

There's a drastic difference in those two situations... If you choose not to see it, fine...
Tex prefered an east coast team and idolized Don Mattingly growing up. Im also certain I read his sister bought a house in the area and he wantedto be closer to his family.

CC himself said the desire for the west coast was over blown but take that with a grain of salt because what should he say.

In all honesty I could care less where he prefered to play as long as he plays here. It keeps him away from our biggest rival and puts him in our lineup.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

By the way
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Red Sox Nation

yall just got JACKED!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
to Red Sox nation

Umm yes they are
laugh.gif
How do you figure?
What is it that will make it EXTRA heated than it already is?

3:38pm: The contract does not include an opt-out clause, according to Danny Knobler. Knobler agrees with Olneythat the Red Sox fell about $10MM short. He says the Sox are not inclined to react by "stepping up their pursuit of Derek Lowe or anyother top starting pitcher."

3:38pm: The contract does not include an opt-out clause, according to Danny Knobler. Knobler agrees with Olney that the Red Sox fell about $10MM short. He says the Sox are not inclined to react by "stepping up their pursuit of Derek Lowe or any other top starting pitcher."
laugh.gif
Exactly...

Originally Posted by briannnnn

By the way
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Red Sox Nation

yall just got JACKED!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
to Red Sox nation

Umm yes they are
laugh.gif
How do you figure?
What is it that will make it EXTRA heated than it already is?
Hate is just oozing non-stop from all corners
roll.gif

3:38pm: The contract does not include an opt-out clause, according to Danny Knobler. Knobler agrees with Olney that the Red Sox fell about $10MM short. He says the Sox are not inclined to react by "stepping up their pursuit of Derek Lowe or any other top starting pitcher."
laugh.gif
Exactly...

So the Yankees "overpaid" by $10 million which is actually $1.5 million a year more? Please

Originally Posted by truthmain

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by youngin33

Props to the Yanks for opening their wallets this offseason. They must have gotten impatient by not trying to buy their championships so they are really confident that is the way.
frown.gif
It just might be. Getting two top flight pitchers changes everything.
What?
CC and AJ Burnett aren't very good pitchers?

Back
Top Bottom