Teixeira to Yankees...

331ggeh.gif
95 wins or bust

And, for the Angels fans that were hoping they would maybe sign Manny Ramirez to fill the void... From Ken Rosenthal per MLB Trade Rumors...
The Angels are lukewarm on Manny Ramirez, and for now are talking about filling their lineup with internal candidates.
laugh.gif
Hello, Juan Rivera...

Good news for other AL West fans. The division looks to be wide open in 2009...
pimp.gif
A's and Rangers competitive windows may open sooner than we thought...

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Tex / Sabathia / Burnet = $423M + change

at the end of their contracts theyre on the verge of 40 y/o, i cant hate on their organization for dropping money like nothing, but how will they feel whenthey flop in the post season?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

8/180 is wayy too much for this guy, Yankee fans are going to be all over him.

Talk about over-spending on ALL of their off-season additions, their lineup is still old and their overall defense is
sick.gif

damn as a yankees fan...i'll be the first to say....we CLEARLY overpaid this dude...he isnt even the best first basemen in the game, why we paying him likehe is?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Talk about over-spending on ALL of their off-season additions, their lineup is still old and their overall defense is
sick.gif
Check my first post on the 3rd page...that's exactly what I'm saying.
smh.gif

w/e though...I don't want to be a debbie downer so welcome to NY, Teix...hope you live up to the tremendous pressure that's gonna be on you.
Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

damn as a yankees fan...i'll be the first to say....we CLEARLY overpaid this dude...he isnt even the best first basemen in the game, why we paying him like he is?
You're the 2nd one to say it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

sick.gif
Check my first post on the 3rd page...that's exactly what I'm saying.
smh.gif

w/e though...I don't want to be a debbie downer so welcome to NY, Teix...hope you live up to the tremendous pressure that's gonna be on you.
Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

damn as a yankees fan...i'll be the first to say....we CLEARLY overpaid this dude...he isnt even the best first basemen in the game, why we paying him like he is?
You're the 2nd one to say it.
laugh.gif

Who the hell cares..... pay him $200 million for all I care.

and Tex is better then people on NT make him out to be....

Wait until Teixeira gets off to his annual early season slow start and people in New York are calling for his head...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

April and May will have Yankee Nation pulling their hair out in overreaction with this guy... Lucky for him though, he gets hot down the stretch every yearthough, so they'll forgive him quickly...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by JoE TwEnTy1

The Yankees cant sign Manny....a team can only sign 3 Type A free agents in one offseason.
Thought it was four... ?

Sucks for the Brewers and Toronto, though... Now instead of getting first rounders for their Type A guys, they get second and third rounders respectively...
laugh.gif

And the Brewers might not even get a first rounder from Sheets leaving, either... Up to this point nobody has shown any interest whatsoever in him than the Rangers, and their first rounder is protected because it's in the Top 15...
laugh.gif

Talk about a rough off-season...
I would think Damon or Matsui will probably be traded at some point.

For what, though? I can't imagine either would have much value at all on the trade market unless the Yankees were paying most of the contract...

I thought it was 3 but I could be wrong.

What I posted in the other Teixera post about a week ago.
AllenIversonFan01:
At the mercy of sounding like im hating on the Yankees. They are the reason players get overpaid. Granted other teams have gone this route recently but it was the Yankees who started overpaying, and now other teams start high because they are scared that the Yankees can swoop in at anytime and just pick whoever they want. Prices will continue to soar until MLB puts a salary cap on it. Because it will only get worse when say Puljos is a free agent. Because Tex is gonna cash in Puljos who is better will Get an astronomical amount for his contract. It is starting to get ridiculous but the MLB is at fault as well for letting it get this out of hand.
I mean there were never any reports that the Yankees were in talks or even considering Tex. Yet out of left field they have landed him. It iswhat it is tho because since there is no salary cap the fact that the Yankee's are overpaying him means nothing because in baseball if you have the moneyyou can spend as much of it as you want. And well the Yankees have plenty of it to say the least. Hes a good player and the Yankees like to spend what theyhave to get good players. Congrats Yankees. This is coming from a Red Sox fan as well.

I just hope Yankee fans get on him bad if he starts slow and he just shatters under the pressure of NY just like Randy Johnson and many other big name playersto go through NY.

It seems as though all the offers where around the same and Tex choose the Yankees over everyone else.

And how if he signed for Boston or Washington for the same money its not over paying but for us it is?

Weren't the other teams involved offering him similar contracts?

The Yankees are the reason players are overpaid? No, the CBA is.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Why get so stuck on the fact that he's overpaid.
What difference does it really make?
ZERO
and people saying NY-ers will be calling for his head.... please.... have you not seen our team lately??
The Yankees should be fine even if he just starts off doing "alright" (he AVERAGES 36 HR like 115 RBI)
1. Damon- LF
2. Jeter- SS
3. A-Rod- 3B
4. Tex- 1B
5. Matsui- DH
6. Nady- RF
7. Posada- C
8. Cano- 2B
9. Melky-CF

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

LETS GO!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What a surprise.

Congrats MLB. What a system you have in place. Might as well give the Yanks Ramirez now too so they can have every 2008 FA

Back
Top Bottom