Teixeira to Yankees...

Well i was never really a fan, i felt Manny would have complimented Arod more. Tex and Arod seem to be the same personality wise to me. Guess i have to getused to it though.

The payroll will be around last year's or a little higher I don't like this signing much. George always said he wanted the Yankees to be bigger thanManchester United on the world scale lol.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I asked this in another thread, but do the Yankees stop pursuing Manny after this signing?
You'd have to think so... Especially if they want another starting pitcher...

Damon, Jeter, Teixeira, Rodriguez, Nady, Matsui, Swisher, Posada, Cano ... That's more than enough offensive production, I'd think...
just when i was getting giddy that the Nationals might actually land Tex upon the news it was between the Red Sox and Nats...
smh.gif

You've been kidding yourself for weeks now... He was never going to sign with a crappy organization that had no chance of being competitive for several years...

I would think Damon or Matsui will probably be traded at some point.

I knew once they got rid of Giambi this would happen the Nats are my team but Tex wouldn't do anything for us to get into the playoffs all he'd dowould be our lone all star maybe we can use that money we saved and go after pitching.

Originally Posted by JoE TwEnTy1

The Yankees cant sign Manny....a team can only sign 3 Type A free agents in one offseason.
Thought it was four... ?

Sucks for the Brewers and Toronto, though... Now instead of getting first rounders for their Type A guys, they get second and third rounders respectively...
laugh.gif

And the Brewers might not even get a first rounder from Sheets leaving, either... Up to this point nobody has shown any interest whatsoever in him than theRangers, and their first rounder is protected because it's in the Top 15...
laugh.gif

Talk about a rough off-season...

For what, though? I can't imagine either would have much value at all on the trade market unless the Yankees were paying most of the contract...

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

I asked this in another thread, but do the Yankees stop pursuing Manny after this signing?
You'd have to think so... Especially if they want another starting pitcher...

Damon, Jeter, Teixeira, Rodriguez, Nady, Matsui, Swisher, Posada, Cano ... That's more than enough offensive production, I'd think...
just when i was getting giddy that the Nationals might actually land Tex upon the news it was between the Red Sox and Nats...
smh.gif
You've been kidding yourself for weeks now... He was never going to sign with a crappy organization that had no chance of being competitive for several years...

What about swisher too , would they get ride of him already too ?

I only really care about this signing since I'll have to hear about it forever on ESPN and ESPN.com now.

For what, though? I can't imagine either would have much value at all on the trade market unless the Yankees were paying most of the contract...

they can go offer matsui to the giants for johnathan sanchez (i hope)
or go to milwaukee and get cameron, put him in cnter and put nick swisher at the corner OF

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by blazersin2k3

damn the yankees are going to be loaded

they will still lose

They will, bet on it.
just as much as u can bet on the mets goin home early also
laugh.gif

I am not a Mets fan genius
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
took a guess, seein that u a giants fan and not a yankeefan...thought u was bleedin mets

Props to the Yanks for opening their wallets this offseason. They must have gotten impatient by not trying to buy their championships so they are reallyconfident that is the way.

Originally Posted by youngin33

Props to the Yanks for opening their wallets this offseason. They must have gotten impatient by not trying to buy their championships so they are really confident that is the way.
frown.gif
It just might be. Getting two top flight pitchers changeseverything.

Originally Posted by swendro88

I 'm not a AM yankees fan and yet i find this to be ridiculous ly sweet.
tired.gif

Pathetic...there's no way this guy deserves this much money.

I want (some of) my fellow Yankee fans to take off the rose colored glasses for a second...look at the big picture. This overpaying nonsense or giving thatextra year or two for almost every player to come to NY is sad...

I'm excited about next year's team and don't get me wrong...having Teix is definitely an asset, but at what price?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by JoE TwEnTy1

The Yankees cant sign Manny....a team can only sign 3 Type A free agents in one offseason.

found this on MLBTR:
Talking to a few people in the game, it seems that the Type A/B free agent quota depends on the number of Type A/Bs who file. If 62 or fewer such players file (which is possible) then each team will have a quota of three Type A or B signings. Regardless of that, teams are allowed to sign as many Type A/Bs as they lose. As far as I can tell, the quota has never been an issue in the past.

I'm witholding any Tex comments. What's the point?
Yankees fans will defend their team to their last breath and non-Yankee fans (such as myself) will insist that they are everything that is wrong with analready tarnished game.
-J-

No mention on how much the deal is for?
Read the first post, genius...
laugh.gif
You better than that HTTB...
they can go offer matsui to the giants for johnathan sanchez (i hope)
Why in God's name would the Giants do that?
laugh.gif
sick.gif
Get real...

Nobody is going to trade a potential front-line pitcher in his early 20's for a 35 year old outfielder whose numbers have declined for 4 straightseasons...

What's crazy with this type of spending is, it doesn't work. Next October we will probably be watching two teams play for the World Series who'scombined payroll won't equal what the Yanks are paying CC, AJ, & Tex for the 2009 season.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by youngin33

Props to the Yanks for opening their wallets this offseason. They must have gotten impatient by not trying to buy their championships so they are really confident that is the way.
frown.gif
It just might be. Getting two top flight pitchers changes everything.
What?

So, I already know what the back of the Post/Daily News is going to read.

Merry Teixmas
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom