Teixeira to Yankees...

Yankees overpaid for Teixiera anyways! It is an absolute joke that Tex makes more money than...

AlbertPujols_003.jpg

and i absolutely despise pujols.
It tex gets 8-180mil Pujols should be getting about 10-1billion

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

[h1]Teixeira Had Higher Offer From Nationals?[/h1]
By Ben Jones [December 25 at 10:38am CST]

Roch Kubatko on MASNSports.com is reporting that the Washington Nationals offered about $5MM more to first baseman Mark Teixeira than the Yankees did, even though Teixeira struck a deal with the Yankees on Tuesday.

Kubatko adds that the Nationals would have gone even higher, but they were never given a chance to compete with the Yankees' offer. He guesses that it wasn't all about the money after all.

Kubatko writes that the Baltimore Orioles are still looking to add another bat to the lineup, possibly a first baseman, outfielder or designated hitter.

If that is the case, that whole Salary Cap rubbish is thrown out.

Nobody wants to play in DC.
not at all, if there was a cap, the same team wouldn't be able to offer the 3 biggest free agents the most money. the Yankee offer for Texwouldn't have been on the table.

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

Yankees overpaid for Teixiera anyways! It is an absolute joke that Tex makes more money than...

AlbertPujols_003.jpg

and i absolutely despise pujols.
It tex gets 8-180mil Pujols should be getting about 10-1billion
eyes.gif

Puljos signed his contract in 2004 (7 year 111 mil), salary inflation has risen about 6% every year not to mention inflation of united states economy.
I checked to in 2004 Puljos contract would be worth 120 million in 2007, if you adjust for salary inflation.(24% increase over 4 year)
[size=+1]
Pujols contract value in 2008: 148 800 000 for 7 years (21.3 million per year)
[/size]
[size=+1]
Texeria: 22 500 000 for 8 years (
[/size]
[size=+1]22.5 million peryear[/size][size=+1])[/size]
[size=+1]

[/size]
I know it's really rudimentary math but you get the point
laugh.gif

Plus Pujols was still on his rookie contract when he got extended and cealy didn't get open market value, kind of like how Hanley Ramirez signed for 70million when could get 100+ mil on the open market.

When Pujols hits the open market? He's getting A-Rod money[/busta].
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

BTWl

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Originally Posted by JoE TwEnTy1

I hope this doesn't mean we're gonna trade Juan Miranda.

Please keep this guy and move him to the OF. PLEASE.
Juan Miranda sucks and isnt athletic enough to handle first let alone any OF position.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

briannnnn wrote:

I hope this doesn't mean we're gonna trade Juan Miranda.

Please keep this guy and move him to the OF. PLEASE.
Now that you mention it, I wonder if his days are numbered...

The Yankees have their OF of the future in Austin Jackson and a catcher/DH/1B of the future in Jesus Montero...they may end up peddling Miranda in exchange for a pitcher

Yea, I think you might be right, but I've read he can play an OF position. I just think his upside as a bat is tremendous..
How is Miranda any good? He cant get a hit of a lefty to save his life. He would be a decent platoon player for a bottom division team.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by cgutta

i love being from NY
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
its the best place to be....

and its even better when ur team owner can buy anyone he wants
pimp.gif

Buying all these free agents has never worked for them in the past. It probably won't now.

Back
Top Bottom