Teixeira to Yankees...

Originally Posted by madj55

The Red Sox need to make a move soon because they're lineup isn't looking to good right now compared to the Yankees, they need to pick up a catcher who will produce. The Yankees are the favorites right now and if they get chemistry and put it all together there is no doubt in my mind they will win the series, only issue for them is centerfield where Melky and Swisher aren't ideal options in an everyday lineup. They could go after Rocco Balldeli, I think he'd be a good fit for them in center as long as his medical condition is solved.

If Melky can produce at the plate a little more, he's great in CF.

Originally Posted by tylerdub

Oh I hate the Yankees. Mostly because they put such a good product on the field every year for the fans.

You can't be mad at that
smile.gif

Originally Posted by madj55

The Red Sox need to make a move soon because they're lineup isn't looking to good right now compared to the Yankees, they need to pick up a catcher who will produce. The Yankees are the favorites right now and if they get chemistry and put it all together there is no doubt in my mind they will win the series, only issue for them is centerfield where Melky and Swisher aren't ideal options in an everyday lineup. They could go after Rocco Balldeli, I think he'd be a good fit for them in center as long as his medical condition is solved.
The Yankees lineup was terrible last season, besides Teix who is a solid player (not 180M worthy, he is a guy who quietly gets his numbers) allthey added was Swisher. Nady is a good utility guy, Matsui is always hurt, Posada/Jeter are getting up there in age, Damon is a solid lead off hitter but hewas hurt last season too, Cano's work ethic is in severe question, A-Rod tries too hard in big spots and doesn't swing at strikes. The Yankees HAD toget another middle of the lineup guy because the only one they had was A-Rod, but damn I said it before..any team who signs this guy for that much is going tobe disappointed because with that salary comes EXTREMELY high expectations, and Teix won't provide that (plus he is already 29). He is a very disciplinedhitter though who ONLY swings at strikes, never chases.

Boston has a better pitching staff and a solid lineup, they are still a better team (so are the Rays) than the Yanks solely on theirexperience/leadership/chemistry. A healthy Beckett/Lester/Dice K is better than what the Yanks have to offer.

The only HORRIBLE signing the Yanks made was to Burnett, getting CC and Teix is good but they over-paid for a guy who didn't want to be here, and a solid30-100 player.

Oh I hate the Yankees. Mostly because they put such a good product on the field every year for the fans.

Its New York City.

Ask anyone in the world what's the capital of the world, the center of the universe, they will all say New York City (not LA or Paris, etc).....word to MaxKellerman........people here shell big bucks so why not?

laugh.gif
Stop with overpaid talk honestly, he is a top 10 hitter the ONLYhitter of that class in an dry market.
His contract is in line with his production.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

*%%+$!$ joke of an organazation. Can we get a salary cap.

How so?

Look, Obviously I'm salty at the Yanks as a met fan but it is just a joke when they do this. It is comical, they just get everyone available, spending 10xmore cash than everyone else. I hatre these super teams such as the Cowboys and Yanks, and I cringe thinking about the upcoming ESPN suckage. My summer isgoing to be filled with Ed Werder making up stories about the *@#+@#% Yankees, just great. And the thing is they probably still won't win since theplayoffs are just about who gets hot.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

His contract is in line with his production.

It really isn't.

Maybe Manny will be cheap now. Do it Omar.

How do you figure???

Here is a nice article from Fangraphs discussing Teixeira's potential signing and comparing it to Todd Helton's contract. They value Tex in the range that the teams seem to be bidding ($18 - 23m /yr), with a question mark over the length. There's a good point in the comments regarding length, though, pointing out that while his expected extra wins will decline over time, if you assume increasing revenues and salary inflation, this isn't such a problem. There's also another commenter who is skeptical about salary inflation. Note that, since 2001, its averaged about 6% a year. Of course, there's evidence of a correction this year, too.
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/teixeiras-progress-and-heltons-valuehttp://www.fangraphs.com/...rogress-and-heltons-value
Teixeira is probably a 4-5 win player for 2009, worth between $20 and $25 million. Taking 10% off for a long-term discount and you have a fair value price of $18 to $23 million, which Teixeira seems about to get. That's what you would be comfortable paying him if you felt he was going to stay a 5-win player throughout the duration of the contract. What's not being taken into account though is aging curves. While Teixeira is young, when you sign someone for eight years, you better be factoring that in and any reasonable aging projection would have Teixeira losing a considerable amount of value over the life of the contract.

When you calculate the projected extra wins you will have with teixira in the lineup and adjust for inflation his contract is 100% worth it.

*%%+$!$ joke of an organazation. Can we get a salary cap.

How so?

Look, Obviously I'm salty at the Yanks as a met fan but it is just a joke when they do this. It is comical, they just get everyone available, spending 10x more cash than everyone else. I hatre these super teams such as the Cowboys and Yanks, and I cringe thinking about the upcoming ESPN suckage. My summer is going to be filled with Ed Werder making up stories about the *@#+@#% Yankees, just great. And the thing is they probably still won't win since the playoffs are just about who gets hot.
wait......wait......wait how can you demand the Yanks have a salary cap as a Mets fan when last season the Mets were ranked 2nd in terms of salarycap.... thats rather backwards
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I mean, if dudes agree to a contract with the Yankees, what's the problem? The point is putting the best team possible on the field, so every team does thebest they can to sign players. The thing is, the Yankees have more money than anyone else. Dudes hate on the Yankees, but I'm glad I have an owner willingto take the $8 I spend on Miler Lite and give me the best team they possibly can.
laugh.gif

Dudes hate on the Yankees, but I'm glad I have an owner willing to take the $8 I spend on Miler Lite and give me the best team they possibly can.
laugh.gif

i dont know about miller lite, but the comish salutes your choice of beverage
laugh.gif

commish.jpg

are they spending all this money to get fans for the new Stadium..
tired.gif
hope they produce wins this year lmao.

Originally Posted by onewearz

Dudes hate on the Yankees, but I'm glad I have an owner willing to take the $8 I spend on Miler Lite and give me the best team they possibly can.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

commish.jpg
laugh.gif
...come on HTTB....are you THAT cheap that you can'tshell out $12 for a Heineken?

laugh.gif
sick.gif

When I saw Becks being sold for almost $11...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I don't even want to think about the price of concessions at the new Stadium
sick.gif

Wonder how the Angels feel giving Juan Rivera a 3 year deal. Is that what's stopping them from refusing to sign Manny?

Originally Posted by jrp44

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

commish.jpg
laugh.gif
...come on HTTB....are you THAT cheap that you can't shell out $12 for a Heineken?

laugh.gif
sick.gif

They don't sell Heineken at the stadium, dude.

I'm pretty sure it's only whack +*+ Miller Lite.
frown.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by jrp44

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

commish.jpg
laugh.gif
...come on HTTB....are you THAT cheap that you can't shell out $12 for a Heineken?

laugh.gif
sick.gif

They don't sell Heineken at the stadium, dude.

I'm pretty sure it's only whack +*+ Miller Lite.
frown.gif
sick.gif
Nah they do....I was gonna get one since I finally turned 21 in the summer and that %+#@ was on a stand inside and it was damn $12 no lie
smh.gif

Thats why if we get all of the Team Yankee guys together for a game, there will be NO drinking in the stadium.
laugh.gif

If the Red Sox don't make it, I'm gonna be rooting so hard for a Marlins-Rays WS.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Yoda

Thats why if we get all of the Team Yankee guys together for a game, there will be NO drinking in the stadium.
laugh.gif
You can drink...just do it stealthily

Word to this dude who had a bottle of beer hidden inside a loaf of bread
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif