November 5th is "Bank Transfer Day". Update pg.10

I would close my account, but the problem is that I go to college about ten hours from my hometown, and opening an account at a credit union down here in San Diego would make it pretty hard to access my money when I head back to San Francisco during breaks, wouldn't it?

Also, isn't this how the Great Depression started? Too many people wanting to withdraw money, and not enough money was available to do them.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Just curious, how many of you guys actually pay more than just 2 bills every month???....I can't picture myself without the convenience Chase offers, specially when it comes to bills pay, I can pay all my bills within 2 minutes while sitting on the toilet, how can anyone give that up for the old method of mailing in your bills 10 days befOre their due date....unless you really don't have any real life responsibilities other than a phone bill/car payment.
I can't tell if you're serious or just a troll. If you can't find a local bank or credit union that lets you pay your bills online, you're lazy or an idiot. Have you done any research or are you just talking out of your *** ?

Nov 5 I'm gone from WF. Bank of Alameda, here I come.

how much do you all have in the bank? I have a little over 6k, what's the best way to move that? what are they gonna do give me 6k in cash when I close? lol

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

how much do you all have in the bank? I have a little over 6k, what's the best way to move that? what are they gonna do give me 6k in cash when I close? lol
nas ski mask.gif
laugh.gif

Kidding, but I'll be moving a few racks as well.

Best way is to set up your account with another bank first, then electronically transfer funds. I think. Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I need to know as well.

where are you going to go? there is a growth financial not too far from me. I was kinda looking forward to having 6 stacks on me lol

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

Boa was skipping earlier transactions for the larger ones occurring later just to force an overdraft fee

NO WAY MAN, BANKS ARENT OUT TO MAKE THE MOST MONEY THEY CAN MAKE, THEY NEVER CHARGE BOGUS FEES AND REMOVE THEM UPON RECIEVING A COMPLAINT...

BANKS ONLY CHARGE YOU WHEN YOU DONT PAY ATTENTION AND MAKE A MISTAKE

IF YOU WOULD PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR ACCOUNT MORE OFT-

wait, you say the supreme court ruled against a bank for doing that?

oh

ohwell.gif

/sarcasm

IM down... i been telling people about pulling their money out for a while , its just most people didnt see a reason to do so... NOW WITH THE CAPITALIZED IMPERIALISTIC PLUTONOMY IN QUESTION THIS IS THE TIME TO SHOW THEM WE ARE IN CHARGE AND WITHOUT US THERE IS NO THEM...

- DONT PAY YOUR CAR
- DONT PAY YOUR MORTAGE
- PULL YOUR MONEY AND CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNTS
- WAIT FOR IT....................

Originally Posted by kidKiDd

My best advice for customers worried about the fees Banks are charging is to just switch back to using cash. Like dude was saying earlier, it's all about managing your accounts correctly. Learn when the fees come into play, then learn how to avoid it. ex the $5 fees hits when you swipe, (Ways to avoid?);walk with $50, NO ATM CHARGE. Now if you're complaining about constant overdraft fees then I don't feel sorry cause you're spending cash you don't have.. They deserve to make profit off you.

Besides you guys closing down you're accounts is $*#!? with my job security, and doin little for the economy.
roll.gif

they deserve to make a (larger) profit off us, and YOURE crying about your job security with those same people?

roll.gif

you deserve to lose your job security, then, patna.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

Boa was skipping earlier transactions for the larger ones occurring later just to force an overdraft fee

NO WAY MAN, BANKS ARENT OUT TO MAKE THE MOST MONEY THEY CAN MAKE, THEY NEVER CHARGE BOGUS FEES AND REMOVE THEM UPON RECIEVING A COMPLAINT...

oh

ohwell.gif

/sarcasm

+%!% I must be one of the lucky few 1%'ers because ever since I started monitoring my account closely I have yet to get hit with one fee and that's going on over 2 years SWAAAGGGG.../SARCASM]*************

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Will Chase give me a check for about 76k if/when I close my account?

Nah, I'm lying. I'm poor.

eek.gif

*stops plans to rob you based upon the black text that was hidden*  

oh

ohwell.gif

/sarcasm

+%!% I must be one of the lucky few 1%'ers because ever since I started monitoring my account closely I have yet to get hit with one fee and that's going on over 2 years SWAAAGGGG... /SARCASM]*************

thats cute, you monitor your accounts closely and still identify with the 1%

roll.gif

you have a car note and identify with the 1%

roll.gif

Originally Posted by RickyBattalion

I must be in the minority that doesn't feel that the $5 fee isnt a big deal.

It's $5. Are you struggling that much where $5 will kill you? You're paying a convenience fee. You're paying to carry around a card instead of cash. If you drop your card you can cancel it and still retain your money. If you drop your cash, you're done for. Again, convenience and security of your money.

Give up a Value meal for the month and shut up.

roll.gif

its 5 everytime, genius.

but you got it.

+%!% I must be one of the lucky few 1%'ers because ever since I started monitoring my account closely I have yet to get hit with one fee and that's going on over 2 years SWAAAGGGG.../SARCASM]*************
But you're like 30, so you're behind the curve
smile.gif

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

where are you going to go? there is a growth financial not too far from me. I was kinda looking forward to having 6 stacks on me lol
Local bank (Bank of Alameda). Just spend a couple hours doing your homework and decide which bank is right for you.

It's $5. Are you struggling that much where $5 will kill you? You're paying a convenience fee. You're paying to carry around a card instead of cash. If you drop your card you can cancel it and still retain your money. If you drop your cash, you're done for. Again, convenience and security of your money.

That's 5 dollars that you don't have to pay though.
My bank doesn't charge you anything for having a debit card.
It could be a penny a month and I still wouldn't do it

Curb you are an idiot....this dude STILL thinks that I identify myself with billionaires
roll.gif

Keep at it bro.

So according to you there is no middle ground, you either agree with this whole revolution against the government and identify wit the "99%" OR you don't agree with it and THAT must mean you identify with every billionaire out there cutting themselves checks, you pride yourself in being educated but you lack a %@$#$#$+ of common sense AND PERSPECTIVE ironically enough.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

That's 5 dollars that you don't have to pay though.
My bank doesn't charge you anything for having a debit card.
It could be a penny a month and I still wouldn't do it
Seriously, it's the principle. $5 isn't that much, but that's $60/ year that I'm being charged for spending my own money.

its 5 everytime, genius
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Ha, genius. its $5 ONCE A MONTH. Be informed before you close your account based on hearsay. This is what irritates me. Do people really think they are getting charged $5 everytime?  

It is a convenience. one you didnt have to pay for previously, but youre not required to use your card. the funny thing is i bet a lot of people who switch are going to end up paying more than the 5 dollars a month on ATM fees some months. 

Curb you are an idiot....this dude STILL thinks that I identify myself with billionaires
roll.gif

Keep at it bro.

So according to you there is no middle ground, you either agree with this whole revolution against the government and identify wit the "99%" OR you don't agree with it and THAT must mean you identify with every billionaire out there cutting themselves checks, you pride yourself in being educated but you lack a %@$#$#$+ of common sense AND PERSPECTIVE ironically enough.

these are your words i use against you.

+%!% I must be one of the lucky few 1%'ers
you typed that, right?

Originally Posted by DaBulls23

its 5 everytime, genius

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Ha, genius. its $5 ONCE A MONTH. Be informed before you close your account based on hearsay. This is what irritates me. Do people really think they are getting charged $5 everytime?  

It is a convenience. one you didnt have to pay for previously, but youre not required to use your card. the funny thing is i bet a lot of people who switch are going to end up paying more than the 5 dollars a month on ATM fees some months. 

*shrugs* ive been a member of a teacher's credit union since 1997, so its not like i give a %#%% either way

all ive heard is radio bits on NPR and i must have misheard them saying its 5 a month not 5 each time...

either way, why would you GIVE them more money for less service?

roll.gif

right.

These dudes forget that banks are a business!....for everyone managing utility bills, rent/mortgage, car notes, insurances month to month, banks make your life a hell of a lot easier...yeah they charge fees, yeah if you let them get over you, they probably will...but they are still offering a service, they hold your money, they assist you in paying your bills, and like you just said...much safer to walk around with plastic than it is with cash....I dunno man...

roll.gif

Keep at it bro.

these are your words i use against you.

+%!% I must be one of the lucky few 1%'ers
you typed that, right?

roll.gif

right.

Holy +%$+!....you are stupid bro....I'm convinced.

yeah...cause you said you were one of the lucky 1%ers in reference to what? 1% of people who arent hit with bogus transactions?

LMAOOOOOOO alright man.

lemme guess, you were being sarcastic, too, huh?  

look man, i said imma let you live

you dont have to turn every thread you see me in into a back and forth for 5 pages

you're never going to avenge the tremendous L you took in the other thread

get over it.

enjoy your niketalk experience without thinking about me ever again, alright?

cool.

point is y'all...we have to be smarter with OUR money, what we do with OUR money!! I know this is a forum essentially based on a frivolous product but as I mature and grow into a sexy, sage adult I realize my past and present financial mistakes.

What do you REALLY need?
Where do you WANT to be?
How will YOU get there?

I've been with Chase for about 4 years, I used to get hit with a bunch of fees in the past and I used to get tight, but then I realized it was really my fault, I would swipe and swipe and then cry when I would be charged 90$ for three 2$ transactions that were over drafted...I started monitoring my account better and every time I see something fishy I dial their number, safe to say now I'm pretty content with them...can someone shed some knowledge on why is it that so many people have issues with their banks, because if it's their fees, you can easily avoid any of that by being more aware....other than that I really don't know what the problem is, they've never taken any money from me without a reason....not trying to start a debate, I just really don't understand what the problem is and I couldn't open the article Hank posted...so some insight would be appreciated.

....bruh. its simple, people are lazy and have gotten used to letting the bank tell them whats in their account. which is a VERY easy (and stupid) thing to do in this swipe economy.

- i cant stress enough how using cash instead of an ATM solves mostly all of these 'banking problems'. there is NO REASON why any responsible adult should have to goto an ATM more than 3 times between checks EVERY SINGLE PAYDAY. none what so ever. but people try to justify it so they can keep doing what they wanna do, all while getting hit in the head with fees each month......AND complaining
laugh.gif

- ive had a checking account since 1998 and have NEVER overdrafted........my method?

i get paid $1,622 every other Friday
when that check clears i make a withdrawal of $500 straight from the teller NOT an ATM.
this money is what i use to get by till next pay day PERIOD
bills are paid through online transactions
after that i should have no other transactions until the next payday when the cycle repeats
as long as i dont spend more than $1,122 on bills through online transactions im good.

^ all of this takes place within 2-3 days of me getting paid WITH the check clearing. therefore negating all potential of an overdraft due to me swiping non stop until the next payday. the whole 'bank rearranging' argument is only valid IF you are constantly swiping your card the whole time between payday's.

simple........SIMPLE, but doodes make it ultra complicated.

here is a thread where i talked about this exact problem at length 2 years ago about the very same bank. doodes was content in their ignorance then and i see the LOUDEST complainer in that thread just entered this one.......... que the *and here we go .gif*

.....and im still
roll.gif
@ "i keep great track online"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yeah...cause you said you were one of the lucky 1%ers in reference to what? 1% of people who arent hit with bogus transactions?

LMAOOOOOOO alright man.

lemme guess, you were being sarcastic, too, huh?

No bro, you GOT me, I'm actually browsing NT from my corner office overviewing all the protestors beneath me while i cut myself a 2.5 million dollar check, problem.jpg?

Back
Top Bottom