November 5th is "Bank Transfer Day". Update pg.10

been wired all my money from BoA to my citizens account... citizens charged me 21 bucks for the wire but no fess/overdraftting
pimp.gif

also can still auto pay my bills

i pray this isnt all blowing smoke and BoA takes a SERIOUS hit.. and that it comes entirely from exec slaries/bonuses... but in actuality theyll jus fire more ppl and keep it movin...
30t6p3b.gif

Norcal NT'ers should look into bigger credit unions like Patelco or Provident, which seem to be bigger than just local ones, or go with a local if it suits your needs best.
LOL @ just staying with a bank because of the amount of ATM's they have or the ease of using their online banking system. Like credit unions are on some caveman %$%+
laugh.gif
 Stop being lazy and google your credit unions. Acting like you gotta get out and drive to each one
30t6p3b.gif

Making excuses out of sheer laziness. 

Also, depending on your credit union, you could pretty much use any credit unions atm to withdraw/add money. It all comes down to whether or not that atm charges you a fee if you're not banking with them. Bank of the West, Union Bank, provident, Fremont bank, etc so many options. just look around.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by RickyBattalion

I must be in the minority that doesn't feel that the $5 fee isnt a big deal.

It's $5. Are you struggling that much where $5 will kill you? You're paying a convenience fee. You're paying to carry around a card instead of cash. If you drop your card you can cancel it and still retain your money. If you drop your cash, you're done for. Again, convenience and security of your money.

Give up a Value meal for the month and shut up.

These dudes forget that banks are a business!....for everyone managing utility bills, rent/mortgage, car notes, insurances month to month, banks make your life a hell of a lot easier...yeah they charge fees, yeah if you let them get over you, they probably will...but they are still offering a service, they hold your money, they assist you in paying your bills, and like you just said...much safer to walk around with plastic than it is with cash....I dunno man...

i dont see why its so hard to under stand a CU does the same thing but for free...

why pay for it when i can get it for free?

my whole fam is going to Navy Fed only reason my dad even still has a WF account is cuz of me & my brother

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by RickyBattalion

I must be in the minority that doesn't feel that the $5 fee isnt a big deal.

It's $5. Are you struggling that much where $5 will kill you? You're paying a convenience fee. You're paying to carry around a card instead of cash. If you drop your card you can cancel it and still retain your money. If you drop your cash, you're done for. Again, convenience and security of your money.

Give up a Value meal for the month and shut up.

These dudes forget that banks are a business!....for everyone managing utility bills, rent/mortgage, car notes, insurances month to month, banks make your life a hell of a lot easier...yeah they charge fees, yeah if you let them get over you, they probably will...but they are still offering a service, they hold your money, they assist you in paying your bills, and like you just said...much safer to walk around with plastic than it is with cash....I dunno man...

i dont see why its so hard to under stand a CU does the same thing but for free...

why pay for it when i can get it for free?

my whole fam is going to Navy Fed only reason my dad even still has a WF account is cuz of me & my brother

That's perfectly fine...tbh I don't pay Chase anything, and if I decide to hit up a non chase ATM....paying 3$ is not gonna make me go crazy and want to drop my bank and go through the hassle of re-arranging all my bills pay.

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

^^exactly...why give any amount to the bank when all I have to do is switch to a CU for free service?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

what is CU

and as far as chase goes dont have any beef with them I mostly use my card to pay for gas 

and any other bills every thing else is straight cash 

even when I didnt have job for the first half of the year and had nothing deposited 

I still didnt get any fees (shoulder shrug)

What most people don't know is that most credit unions honor each others ATM's, so you can go to any credit union ATM and withdraw your cash for free.  Some CU ATM's even dispense $5 bills too which makes it even more convenient.

good thing I came up in the military...all I have is my credit union account and my USAA account

I've been with a Credit Union all through college and there have been a couple times when I screwed up and overdrafted and they have never charged me a cent. Service is A+. Banks already screw you enough, giving a quarter point or no interest on your money deposited, then loan it out for 6% and up, plus credit cards.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

I've been with Chase for about 4 years, I used to get hit with a bunch of fees in the past and I used to get tight, but then I realized it was really my fault, I would swipe and swipe and then cry when I would be charged 90$ for three 2$ transactions that were over drafted...I started monitoring my account better and every time I see something fishy I dial their number, safe to say now I'm pretty content with them...can someone shed some knowledge on why is it that so many people have issues with their banks, because if it's their fees, you can easily avoid any of that by being more aware....other than that I really don't know what the problem is, they've never taken any money from me without a reason....not trying to start a debate, I just really don't understand what the problem is and I couldn't open the article Hank posted...so some insight would be appreciated.

....bruh. its simple, people are lazy and have gotten used to letting the bank tell them whats in their account. which is a VERY easy (and stupid) thing to do in this swipe economy.

- i cant stress enough how using cash instead of an ATM solves mostly all of these 'banking problems'. there is NO REASON why any responsible adult should have to goto an ATM more than 3 times between checks EVERY SINGLE PAYDAY. none what so ever. but people try to justify it so they can keep doing what they wanna do, all while getting hit in the head with fees each month......AND complaining
laugh.gif

- ive had a checking account since 1998 and have NEVER overdrafted........my method?

i get paid $1,622 every other Friday
when that check clears i make a withdrawal of $500 straight from the teller NOT an ATM.
this money is what i use to get by till next pay day PERIOD
bills are paid through online transactions
after that i should have no other transactions until the next payday when the cycle repeats
as long as i dont spend more than $1,122 on bills through online transactions im good.

^ all of this takes place within 2-3 days of me getting paid WITH the check clearing. therefore negating all potential of an overdraft due to me swiping non stop until the next payday. the whole 'bank rearranging' argument is only valid IF you are constantly swiping your card the whole time between payday's.

simple........SIMPLE, but doodes make it ultra complicated.

here is a thread where i talked about this exact problem at length 2 years ago about the very same bank. doodes was content in their ignorance then and i see the LOUDEST complainer in that thread just entered this one.......... que the *and here we go .gif*

.....and im still
roll.gif
@ "i keep great track online"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i agree overdraft fees can be avoided. i've had my fair share throughout college (although it is kinda OD to charge that much even for going over a penny) Not to take shots at u or anything but it seems you're making out using a debit card exclusively a bad thing? maybe people prefer to swipe moreso than carry cash. i don't understand how its fair to start charging these people tho.

ksteezy, i would check with chase, boa is NOT the only bank who will start implementing a checking fee to use a debit card..i believe i saw it was boa, chase, and WF.

i have a free checking account with AmericaNet Bank. not only is it free, but i can withdraw from ANY ATMs for free AND they give my 3% APY which ends up THEM paying ME $40/month for using their debit card.

as for my chase checking account, im keeping it since i have checks for it and can avoid fees by having $1500+ in it

im signing up for a charles schwab brokerage account, free debit card + checks + app for depositing checks by taking pics with your phone.

AND NO ATM FEES ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD... look into it.

Damn, it seems some of you have vested interests in your banks. It's really not that difficult to change banks. I support changing to a credit union because where does it end for fees? First it's $5 to use a debit card, what's next? I'm not poor or rich, but this seriously hurts the poor to lower middle class who don't have 20k in their account because they are paying most of their money on prescriptions to survive. Don't. One in here with the bull crap of people can avoid these things if they are more aware, your life is not the same. If there is a better product out there, support it. It's simple economics and you guys are really looking like fools.

So what happened to that refund Bank of America was supposed to give out in November.

Anybody get a letter about that like I did?

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

i work at BofA. Id close my accnt too if i were a customer. I get hit with fees by my own damn bank when i have a free account!
laugh.gif

That is really messed up.  I know a chick who works there and I told her I was leaving because of the new $5 fee and she gon give me some bs about the fee to justify it.  Why should I have to pay BoA because I choose to use my card to spend my money.  I just switched over to U.S. Bank.
I have us bank and the charge 7 dollars a month for checking accounts

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

If I walk into Chase and tell them I wanna close my checking account (not for the protest, just because I'm sick of those bastards) will they hand me the cash (it's only $4000) or will they give me a check? Or do I get the option of which one?

Withdraw first then close it
and credit unions are the way to go. In every major city there is a family branch credit union that is basically 1 big credit union of all the other credit unions. say my credit union is local but if i travel to Memphis there is a family branch there and i can withdrawl my money like as if i was at my local credit union...

One Nevada Credit Union
pimp.gif

And to those saying "I'll stay with bank, I pity a credit union", how will you feel if this move is big enough to bankrupt your bank and your money is gone?

Originally Posted by solegit08til

One Nevada Credit Union
pimp.gif

And to those saying "I'll stay with bank, I pity a credit union", how will you feel if this move is big enough to bankrupt your bank and your money is gone?

Bank of America earns $6.2 billion in 3rd quarter, largely from accounting gains, sale of Chinese bank stake - @AP http://on.wsj.com/qLuZat

Lettuce be cereal

This is a great thought and all but your little credit union has a much much greater risk of default then a big bank.  "Too Big To Fail" ring any bells

I've been with Chase for about 4 years, I used to get hit with a bunch of fees in the past and I used to get tight, but then I realized it was really my fault, I would swipe and swipe and then cry when I would be charged 90$ for three 2$ transactions that were over drafted...I started monitoring my account better and every time I see something fishy I dial their number, safe to say now I'm pretty content with them...can someone shed some knowledge on why is it that so many people have issues with their banks, because if it's their fees, you can easily avoid any of that by being more aware....other than that I really don't know what the problem is, they've never taken any money from me without a reason....not trying to start a debate, I just really don't understand what the problem is and I couldn't open the article Hank posted...so some insight would be appreciated.
It's not just the overdrafts and fees that people are waning to take out their money for. At least, I hope not. That's a responsibility that falls on the customer.

The main driving force for this major withdraw is (or at least should be) the way in which major banks handle the money that they receive. Every time you deposit money, a bank makes money from your deposit. Say you deposit $5. The average bank considers that $5 deposit an ~$40 investment. How? They essentially fabricate money on paper. A lot of the money that banks claim to have doesn't actually exist -- and the arrests show it.

A bank is suppose to have all the money for every customer's personal accounts, in addition to mortgages and interest on certain accounts. I would bet that most, if not all banks, could supply money for half the mortgages that they cover. Why? Because they don't actually have the money. Do you think that we actually have trillions of dollars in circulation? Nah. The federal reserve (which is suppose to supervise and regulate banking institutions in America) basically prints money at its will, decreasing the value of the dollar globally and adding to inflation nationally.

Are there people hoping on the band wagon because they hate their fees? Yeah. But are there people doing it to expose the corruption within our banking system? You bet so. I would never sign up for a big bank...they just don't make sense to me. But if it works for you, then by all means play on playa.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

....bruh. its simple, people are lazy and have gotten used to letting the bank tell them whats in their account. which is a VERY easy (and stupid) thing to do in this swipe economy.

- i cant stress enough how using cash instead of an ATM solves mostly all of these 'banking problems'. there is NO REASON why any responsible adult should have to goto an ATM more than 3 times between checks EVERY SINGLE PAYDAY. none what so ever. but people try to justify it so they can keep doing what they wanna do, all while getting hit in the head with fees each month......AND complaining
laugh.gif

- ive had a checking account since 1998 and have NEVER overdrafted........my method?

i get paid $1,622 every other Friday
when that check clears i make a withdrawal of $500 straight from the teller NOT an ATM.
this money is what i use to get by till next pay day PERIOD
bills are paid through online transactions
after that i should have no other transactions until the next payday when the cycle repeats
as long as i dont spend more than $1,122 on bills through online transactions im good.

^ all of this takes place within 2-3 days of me getting paid WITH the check clearing. therefore negating all potential of an overdraft due to me swiping non stop until the next payday. the whole 'bank rearranging' argument is only valid IF you are constantly swiping your card the whole time between payday's.

simple........SIMPLE, but doodes make it ultra complicated.

here is a thread where i talked about this exact problem at length 2 years ago about the very same bank. doodes was content in their ignorance then and i see the LOUDEST complainer in that thread just entered this one.......... que the *and here we go .gif*

.....and im still
roll.gif
@ "i keep great track online"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i agree overdraft fees can be avoided. i've had my fair share throughout college (although it is kinda OD to charge that much even for going over a penny) Not to take shots at u or anything but it seems you're making out using a debit card exclusively a bad thing?

.....it IS a bad thing.

- its a bad thing because these banks STAY playing games. its well known that they STAY playing games, and they set the rules. yet people still play the game as if they have no other alternative.

maybe people prefer to swipe moreso than carry cash.

....just because you can swipe doesnt mean you should. we use to get along just fine with cash. now people feel entitled to swipe at will because they can, worry about the details later and then have the nerve to complain. the world doesnt work that way and the banks are taking your (fees) money while laughing all the way to the bank.

- take a moment and think on how much money banks make off these 'supposed' bogus overdraft fees alone? yet people expect them just to say nevermind........our bad, keep your money? when you have the intelligence and the full capability to research the best financial situation yet choose not to....and then complain?
roll.gif
   stop.

i don't understand how its fair to start charging these people tho.

- case and point. fair has nothing to do with business. this isnt a perfect world. the best thing for any of us is to be smarter about our money and use their rules against them.

- it was obvious to me even back in 1998. i had coworkers that had BofA accounts/Debit cards that were always complaining about fees and rearranging and whatnot. but they wouldnt leave because it was the biggest nation bank in the area at the time. while my money was sitting in the local credit union.......i was using cash even back then. it was obvious to me that if you're that unhappy, then leave. but nah, we'll just sit here getting knocked upside the head every month and complain.
30t6p3b.gif

ksteezy, i would check with chase, boa is NOT the only bank who will start implementing a checking fee to use a debit card..i believe i saw it was boa, chase, and WF.
....and the cycle repeats itself.
laugh.gif

*customer gets tired of bank charging fees*
*customer moves money to another bank that doesnt charge fees (yet)*
*bank gets bigger and starts charging fees*
(repeat) 
roll.gif

- its interesting to see the lateral moves people make in life when something bothers them. completely blind to the fact that they can move forward or backward. steadily putting up with something just beacuse they're used to it.

...oh and ftr, i have yet to see a credit union complaint on the same level of these big bank complaints in this thread 
nerd.gif

- this big bank cycle is fueled by the swipe mentality. people feel like its their right to swipe so they look for the biggest national bank in their area with the most ATM's. and it will never change until people empower themselves and get smart about their own money. instead of waiting on the bank to have heart, we need to get a clue.

Mitt%20Romney%20bain%20capital.jpg

.......yeah, um, good luck with that.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by solegit08til

One Nevada Credit Union
pimp.gif

Bank of America earns $6.2 billion in 3rd quarter, largely from accounting gains, sale of Chinese bank stake - @AP http://on.wsj.com/qLuZat

Lettuce be cereal

This is a great thought and all but your little credit union has a much much greater risk of default then a big bank.  "Too Big To Fail" ring any bells

Okay but the plan isn't to cause the credit unions to default. "The bigger they are, the harder they fall" ring any bells. Titanic son.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom