November 5th is "Bank Transfer Day". Update pg.10

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

ksteezy wrote:
Just curious, how many of you guys actually pay more than just 2 bills every month???....I can't picture myself without the convenience Chase offers, specially when it comes to bills pay, I can pay all my bills within 2 minutes while sitting on the toilet, how can anyone give that up for the old method of mailing in your bills 10 days befOre their due date....unless you really don't have any real life responsibilities other than a phone bill/car payment.
LET'S SEE.

I HAVE: 

RENT
ELECTRIC BILL
GAS BILL
WATER BILL
CELL PHONE BILL
CABLE BILL
INTERNET BILL
HOME PHONE BILL
STUDENT LOANS
CAR PAYMENT
MOTORCYCLE PAYMENT
CAR INSURANCE
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE
GYM MEMBERSHIP

I PAY ALL MY BILLS WITH STRAIGHT CASH IN PERSON

sick.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by sreggie101

....bruh. its simple, people are lazy and have gotten used to letting the bank tell them whats in their account. which is a VERY easy (and stupid) thing to do in this swipe economy.

- i cant stress enough how using cash instead of an ATM solves mostly all of these 'banking problems'. there is NO REASON why any responsible adult should have to goto an ATM more than 3 times between checks EVERY SINGLE PAYDAY. none what so ever. but people try to justify it so they can keep doing what they wanna do, all while getting hit in the head with fees each month......AND complaining
laugh.gif

- ive had a checking account since 1998 and have NEVER overdrafted........my method?

^ all of this takes place within 2-3 days of me getting paid WITH the check clearing. therefore negating all potential of an overdraft due to me swiping non stop until the next payday. the whole 'bank rearranging' argument is only valid IF you are constantly swiping your card the whole time between payday's.

simple........SIMPLE, but doodes make it ultra complicated.

here is a thread where i talked about this exact problem at length 2 years ago about the very same bank. doodes was content in their ignorance then and i see the LOUDEST complainer in that thread just entered this one.......... que the *and here we go .gif*

.....and im still
roll.gif
@ "i keep great track online"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i agree overdraft fees can be avoided. i've had my fair share throughout college (although it is kinda OD to charge that much even for going over a penny) Not to take shots at u or anything but it seems you're making out using a debit card exclusively a bad thing?

.....it IS a bad thing.

- its a bad thing because these banks STAY playing games. its well known that they STAY playing games, and they set the rules. yet people still play the game as if they have no other alternative.

maybe people prefer to swipe moreso than carry cash.

....just because you can swipe doesnt mean you should. we use to get along just fine with cash. now people feel entitled to swipe at will because they can, worry about the details later and then have the nerve to complain. the world doesnt work that way and the banks are taking your (fees) money while laughing all the way to the bank.

- take a moment and think on how much money banks make off these 'supposed' bogus overdraft fees alone? yet people expect them just to say nevermind........our bad, keep your money? when you have the intelligence and the full capability to research the best financial situation yet choose not to....and then complain?
roll.gif
   stop.

i don't understand how its fair to start charging these people tho.

- case and point. fair has nothing to do with business. this isnt a perfect world. the best thing for any of us is to be smarter about our money and use their rules against them.

- it was obvious to me even back in 1998. i had coworkers that had BofA accounts/Debit cards that were always complaining about fees and rearranging and whatnot. but they wouldnt leave because it was the biggest nation bank in the area at the time. while my money was sitting in the local credit union.......i was using cash even back then. it was obvious to me that if you're that unhappy, then leave. but nah, we'll just sit here getting knocked upside the head every month and complain.
30t6p3b.gif

ksteezy, i would check with chase, boa is NOT the only bank who will start implementing a checking fee to use a debit card..i believe i saw it was boa, chase, and WF.
....and the cycle repeats itself.
laugh.gif

*customer gets tired of bank charging fees*
*customer moves money to another bank that doesnt charge fees (yet)*
*bank gets bigger and starts charging fees*
(repeat) 
roll.gif

- its interesting to see the lateral moves people make in life when something bothers them. completely blind to the fact that they can move forward or backward. steadily putting up with something just beacuse they're used to it.

...oh and ftr, i have yet to see a credit union complaint on the same level of these big bank complaints in this thread 
nerd.gif

- this big bank cycle is fueled by the swipe mentality. people feel like its their right to swipe so they look for the biggest national bank in their area with the most ATM's. and it will never change until people empower themselves and get smart about their own money. instead of waiting on the bank to have heart, we need to get a clue.

Mitt%20Romney%20bain%20capital.jpg

.......yeah, um, good luck with that.

MUCH SENSE YOU MAKE SIR. MUCH SENSE.

OUR SITUATIONS ARE ALMOST IDENTICAL EXCEPT I WITHDRAW MY ENTIRE PAYCHECK AFTER IT CLEARS. I'D RATHER CONTROL MY OWN MONEY.

Originally Posted by AME416

ksteezy wrote:
Just curious, how many of you guys actually pay more than just 2 bills every month???....I can't picture myself without the convenience Chase offers, specially when it comes to bills pay, I can pay all my bills within 2 minutes while sitting on the toilet, how can anyone give that up for the old method of mailing in your bills 10 days befOre their due date....unless you really don't have any real life responsibilities other than a phone bill/car payment.
LET'S SEE.

I HAVE: 

RENT
ELECTRIC BILL
GAS BILL
WATER BILL
CELL PHONE BILL
CABLE BILL
INTERNET BILL
HOME PHONE BILL
STUDENT LOANS
CAR PAYMENT
MOTORCYCLE PAYMENT
CAR INSURANCE
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE
GYM MEMBERSHIP

sick.gif

lol at yall saying thats a lot..it sounds accurate for any independent adult...no slander/hate

mine:
car
car insurance
fathers life insurance
cable
student loans
electric
gas
alarm company
cell phone bill
fathers cell phone bill
rent
water

Plus gas, groceries, and other expenses (paying back taxes fml
frown.gif
)..

not to mention giving money to family every week. hell thats a bill in it self.

I use a credit union though so i have no complaints. When pay day comes I just pay all my bills up front despite the due date, set aside rent money and leave the rest hanging. I think i am going to just start taking cash out to minimize my spending...as an allowance of some sort.

rent, utilities, cell, car, insurance....i dont pay my student loans...dont make enough.

fathers life insurance, alarm company?

dude has two different motorized vehicle notes AND insurance...that's alot of bills.

he has a home phone and a cell...thats alot of bills.

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

rent, utilities, cell, car, insurance....i dont pay my student loans...dont make enough.

dude has two different motorized vehicle notes AND insurance...that's alot of bills.

I GUESS YOU ARE RIGHT BUT I MAKE MORE THAN ENOUGH TO PAY ALL MY BILLS AND PUT A SIZEABLE AMOUNT INTO MY OWN PERSONAL BANK EVERY MONTH.

COME FEBRUARY MY MOTORCYCLE AND CAR WILL BOTH BE PAID OFF AS WELL AS MY HEALTHCARE COVERAGE THROUGH MY JOB IS NOW OFFERING FREE GYM MEMBERSHIPS SO THOSE BILLS WILL DISAPPEAR.

ALL MY BILLS ARE PRETTY STANDARD ADULT BILLS AS STATED BY SOLEWOMAN WITH THE EXCEPTION OF MY MOTORCYCLE BUT I GUESS INDULGING IN ONE ASPECT OF MY LIFE IS UNACCEPTABLE.

im not criticizing you at all...i was just genuinely shocked at how many bills you pay.

no need to be defensive, g.

(im a 27 year old adult, btw, if that matters)

SoleWoman wrote:
AME416 wrote:

LET'S SEE.

I HAVE: 

RENT
ELECTRIC BILL
GAS BILL
WATER BILL
CELL PHONE BILL
CABLE BILL
INTERNET BILL
HOME PHONE BILL
STUDENT LOANS
CAR PAYMENT
MOTORCYCLE PAYMENT
CAR INSURANCE
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE
GYM MEMBERSHIP

sick.gif

lol at yall saying thats a lot..it sounds accurate for any independent adult...no slander/hate

mine:
car
car insurance
fathers life insurance
cable
student loans
electric
gas
alarm company
cell phone bill
fathers cell phone bill
rent
water

Plus gas, groceries, and other expenses (paying back taxes fml
frown.gif
)..

not to mention giving money to family every week. hell thats a bill in it self.

I use a credit union though so i have no complaints. When pay day comes I just pay all my bills up front despite the due date, set aside rent money and leave the rest hanging. I think i am going to just start taking cash out to minimize my spending...as an allowance of some sort.

THIS IS A GREAT APPROACH TO TAKE. YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT HOW MUCH EXTRA MONEY YOU HAVE WHEN DOING THIS. BEST THING I EVER DECIDED TO DO.

CARD SWIPING CAUSES TOO MUCH PROBLEMS AND OPENS YOU UP TO BE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF. A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE IRRESPONSIBLE WITH MONEY AND THE BANKS KNOW AND PREY ON IT. EVEN IF EVERYONE WAS RESPONSIBLE WITH THEIR ACCOUNTS THE BANKS WOULD FIND ANOTHER WAY TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU ON SOME NEW "YOU HAVE TO MAKE DEPOSITS AND PAY YOUR BILLS ON THIS SPECIFIC DATE OR THERE IS A $50 FEE
laugh.gif
".

WHEN YOU HAVE A PHYSICAL AMOUNT OF CASH TO STICK TO IT'S A LOT EASIER TO STICK TO IT. ANY EXTRA THAT IS LEFT BY YOUR NEXT CHECK, INDULGE YOURSELF.

ksteezy wrote:
LET'S SEE.

I HAVE: 

RENT
ELECTRIC BILL
GAS BILL
WATER BILL
CELL PHONE BILL
CABLE BILL
INTERNET BILL
HOME PHONE BILL
STUDENT LOANS
CAR PAYMENT
MOTORCYCLE PAYMENT
CAR INSURANCE
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE
GYM MEMBERSHIP

I PAY ALL MY BILLS WITH STRAIGHT CASH IN PERSON WITH THE EXCEPTION OF RENT WHICH I PAY WITH A MONEY ORDER. I HAVE A BANK OF AMERICA ACCOUNT BUT AS SOON AS MY PAYCHECK IS DIRECT DEPOSITED, I WITHDRAW THE ENTIRE AMOUNT AND PAY ALL MY BILLS AND STASH THE REST. NOT SURE WHY I STILL HAVE THE ACCOUNT, CLOSING WON'T BE A PROBLEM. I'M ALREADY USED TO USING CASH FOR EVERYTHING.

CONVENIENCE IS GOOD BUT MY PIECE OF MIND IS BETTER.
I think he was referring to manually paying bills.  Most people have their bills set up on auto pay.

Do you physically send cash for all of those bills?  I understand wanting to control your money (which is why I manually pay most of my bills online instead of autopay), but sending cash through the mail is kind of dangerous since you don't have a papertrail.

im not criticizing you at all...i was just genuinely shocked at how many bills you pay.

no need to be defensive, g.

(im a 27 year old adult, btw, if that matters)

NO PROBLEM.

WE ARE THE SAME AGE BTW
wink.gif

Originally Posted by crcballer55

ksteezy wrote:
LET'S SEE.

I HAVE: 

RENT
ELECTRIC BILL
GAS BILL
WATER BILL
CELL PHONE BILL
CABLE BILL
INTERNET BILL
HOME PHONE BILL
STUDENT LOANS
CAR PAYMENT
MOTORCYCLE PAYMENT
CAR INSURANCE
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE
GYM MEMBERSHIP

I PAY ALL MY BILLS WITH STRAIGHT CASH IN PERSON WITH THE EXCEPTION OF RENT WHICH I PAY WITH A MONEY ORDER. I HAVE A BANK OF AMERICA ACCOUNT BUT AS SOON AS MY PAYCHECK IS DIRECT DEPOSITED, I WITHDRAW THE ENTIRE AMOUNT AND PAY ALL MY BILLS AND STASH THE REST. NOT SURE WHY I STILL HAVE THE ACCOUNT, CLOSING WON'T BE A PROBLEM. I'M ALREADY USED TO USING CASH FOR EVERYTHING.

I think he was referring to manually paying bills.  Most people have their bills set up on auto pay.

Do you physically send cash for all of those bills?  I understand wanting to control your money (which is why I manually pay most of my bills online instead of autopay), but sending cash through the mail is kind of dangerous since you don't have a papertrail.

NAH. PAY IN PERSON WITH RECEIPT IN HAND.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

ksteezy wrote:
LET'S SEE.

I HAVE: 

RENT
ELECTRIC BILL
GAS BILL
WATER BILL
CELL PHONE BILL
CABLE BILL
INTERNET BILL
HOME PHONE BILL
STUDENT LOANS
CAR PAYMENT
MOTORCYCLE PAYMENT
CAR INSURANCE
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE
GYM MEMBERSHIP

he probably uses money orders. which is a great idea. that way you actually know how much money you spend. some companies dont take cash.

nah he prolly pays the utilities at a grocery store or anywhere with western union

i used to do that, but most of my apts have some utilities included....for others, i do use my card *shrugs*

ive prolly payed 4k in ATM fees lifetime, im not upset about it

my credit union doesnt allow it

i have no qualms paying 2 bucks to get 200 in cash out

*shrugs*

my weedmen need to get one of these iphone card swipers tho, i swear i only take cash out for trees lmao

Wut?-one car note-two insurances moms and mines-mortgage-maintanence-cable-two cellphones wife's and mines-electricity-home insurance-one major credit card-2 store cards-my mothers major credit card-gym membershipI'm sorry but I can't even begin to imagine paying these without the convenience of online banking...How do you do it Memphis???...in person!?...seriously curious..

^^^im have nothing agaisnt CUs...a close friend of mines banks with them and he's very pleased...I just haven't had an issue with my bank (chase) since I started taking care of my account....so I really have no reason to blame them for much ::shrug::

Thx memphis. yeah i rather pay online too (which you can do with a credit union) that way most bills paid in 20 minuets. The only downfall to credit unions is the branch locations. When I am in the dmv getting to navy federal is fine. but when I go to LA theres like none around. and dont get me started on USAA. the good thing is navy federal doesn't charge you if you withdraw from any credit union just cant withdraw from a commercial bank. usaa doesn't charge at all...well they reimburse you.

Originally Posted by soltheman

No, but that's not the point. You say a bank is to not have anymore than 10% of their deposits on hand at any time. That makes sense, as it's a deterrent for theft, keeps peoples' money safe, etc. However, my point is that they probably don't have even half of the money in their possession. Having things on hand and having things within possession are two very different concepts. A bank can have their money in a safe location and still have it be accessible to them. My point is that most of them don't.

What fueled this country's economy is not the banking system. It's not. Stop thinking that. Without money already being within this country, we wouldn't have had a need for banks. What fueled America's economy (and what is now missing from America) is production, and not only production but the different branches of the corporations that did said production being housed in the U.S. What stopped the growth of the economy is the consolidation and removal of production, and what really hit the general population is the outsourcing of jobs to other countries. But that's another topic for another time.

It's true that our lives would be extraordinarily different without the banking system, and it does have it's conveniences. But, banking existed before the Federal Reserve. The centralization of banking in the U.S. is what led to it's decay. It's not the concept of a bank that is now holding back the American people, it's how that concept is executed.

There can be no perfect system set in place. Why? Because a perfect system changes when the wants and needs of its people change. There isn't a system in existence that exploitation won't occur in. Exploitation is the oldest profession in human existence. However, we can help move towards a system that limits exploitation, keeps wealth distributed more fairly, and forces people to accept the higher responsibilities that come along with belonging to a higher socioeconomic class.

And there already is a single world currency; precious metal (such as gold.) Most people just haven't figured that out yet.

Not to sound arrogant but you really have no idea what you are talking about.  For the most part I agree with people that the system is f'ed up but I would like people to actually know the ins and outs about how stuff works.  It's like the blind leading the blind in here.

When you say on hand or in possession it really means the same thing to me.  It has very little to do with theft deterrents and very much to do with maximizing profits.  When you deposit money into a bank they don't burn your cash or check and they don't directly lend your cash to others, in other words they have it on hand, they may send a certain amount to the fed reserve for safe keeping if they are getting too many deposits but they have it.  What they don't have or actually what doesn't even exist is the money they loan out.  Your deposit of $10 allows them to make loans up to $100 with that $10 as a reserve, hence fractional reserve.  They are not lending out peoples deposits.  When you ask for a home loan the bank calls up the fed reserve and says so-and-so needs $300k for a house and then the fed, electronically, creates that money out of thin air and it goes on the banks books provided they have at least 10% of that 300k in deposits.  When you pay that loan off that $300k disappears back into thin air, all that remains is the interest the bank earned.  In other words, all deposits are accounted for either in the banks vault or through their account with the fed.  It's the loaned out money that they don't have and never had to begin with except for the fractional reserve they must have to make those loans. 

It is actually the banking system that provided this growth.  Production provided our growth throughout the industrial revolution but sine the 1940s-50s it is the banking system described above that created our massive growth.  We have produced next to nothing in the last 30 years but we still have significant growth.  When you can create money out of thin air then of course you are going to grow.  A fractional reserve of 10% means that it only takes 1 million in actual earned money (or profits from actual production) to create financing up to 100 million for small or large business, to buy houses or cars which in turn provide jobs and economic growth and to research and develop new technologies.  In other words, the banking system allows us the financing to "produce" more than we would otherwise be able to. 

Yes banks have been around forever and yes it is the way the banking system is set up that makes it "bad".  When I say our lives would be different I was referring to the fact that we would not have been able to produce or grow as much as we did based on the example above. You are right, the problem is not the concept of a bank it is the use of interest.  Interest is an exponential equation in a world of finite people and resources, in other words it's unsustainable.  Fractional reserve only amplifies this problem.

I'd like to hear how you would limit exploitation and keep wealth distributed more fairly in todays world.  Wouldn't be too hard in a vacuum, but in todays world with todays people and how they are used to living, I really doubt it is possible.

Oh and you might wanna check the definition of the word "currency" because metals certainly are not a currency.  There seems to be this misguided notion that gold is going to become an actual circulated currency in the future which is virtually impossible.  There is not enough gold in existence to account for the wealth we think we have even at $2k an ounce.  Were this too happen everyones net worth would take a serious haircut.  Talk about a great depression, this would be cataclysmic.  I can elaborate on this and the many other issues that make PM's as a currency impossible if you are interested.  How do you price goods in gold without the dollar or some other currency as a reference point?

ksteezy wrote:

Wut? -one car note -two insurances moms and mines -mortgage -maintanence -cable -two cellphones wife's and mines -electricity -home insurance -one major credit card -2 store cards -my mothers major credit card -gym membership I'm sorry but I can't even begin to imagine paying these without the convenience of online banking... How do you do it Memphis???...in person!?...seriously curious..
YES I PAY ALL MY BILLS IN PERSON WITH CASH WITH THE EXCEPTION OF MY RENT WHICH I PAY WITH A USPS MONEY ORDER. IT ISN'T AS INCONVENIENT AS YOU WOULD THINK. A LOT OF THE BILLS ARE WITH THE SAME COMPANY SO I PAY THEM ALL AT ONCE WHEN I STOP IN SUCH AS (CELL, INTERNET, CABLE, HOME PHONE) IS 1 TRIP, (CAR NOTE, MOTORCYCLE NOTE) IS 1 TRIP, ( RENT, ELECTRIC, GAS, WATER) IS 1 TRIP, ETC.

IS IT LESS CONVENIENT THAN SAY ONLINE BILL PAYING OR SWIPING? SURE, IT IS, BUT IT IS A HELL OF A LOT MORE CONVENIENT THAN PAYING $100 IN FEES FOR 3 TRANSACTIONS OF $2 EACH. IT'S THE CONSUMERS FAULT FOR THE FEES BUT WHY EVEN PUT MYSELF IN THAT POSITION WHEN I'M MORE THAN CAPABLE AS AN ADULT OF JUST MANAGING MY OWN MONEY.

LUCKILY I NEVER CARRY A BALANCE ON MY MAJOR CREDIT CARD AND MY HEALTHCARE/401K ARE TAKEN OUT BEFORE I EVEN SEE IT.   

What works for some may not work for others...there is no way I can do that....all my bills are with different companies, Allstate, td bank, travelers, coned, cablevision, AT&T, chase, etc
roll.gif
no way in hell ima hunt down different locations to pay all my bills when Chase makes it as simple as login into my chase app and pushing a few buttons...but props to you for the dedication to take care of your money.

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

Originally Posted by soltheman

No, but that's not the point. You say a bank is to not have anymore than 10% of their deposits on hand at any time. That makes sense, as it's a deterrent for theft, keeps peoples' money safe, etc. However, my point is that they probably don't have even half of the money in their possession. Having things on hand and having things within possession are two very different concepts. A bank can have their money in a safe location and still have it be accessible to them. My point is that most of them don't.

What fueled this country's economy is not the banking system. It's not. Stop thinking that. Without money already being within this country, we wouldn't have had a need for banks. What fueled America's economy (and what is now missing from America) is production, and not only production but the different branches of the corporations that did said production being housed in the U.S. What stopped the growth of the economy is the consolidation and removal of production, and what really hit the general population is the outsourcing of jobs to other countries. But that's another topic for another time.

It's true that our lives would be extraordinarily different without the banking system, and it does have it's conveniences. But, banking existed before the Federal Reserve. The centralization of banking in the U.S. is what led to it's decay. It's not the concept of a bank that is now holding back the American people, it's how that concept is executed.

There can be no perfect system set in place. Why? Because a perfect system changes when the wants and needs of its people change. There isn't a system in existence that exploitation won't occur in. Exploitation is the oldest profession in human existence. However, we can help move towards a system that limits exploitation, keeps wealth distributed more fairly, and forces people to accept the higher responsibilities that come along with belonging to a higher socioeconomic class.

And there already is a single world currency; precious metal (such as gold.) Most people just haven't figured that out yet.

Not to sound arrogant but you really have no idea what you are talking about.  For the most part I agree with people that the system is f'ed up but I would like people to actually know the ins and outs about how stuff works.  It's like the blind leading the blind in here.

When you say on hand or in possession it really means the same thing to me.  It has very little to do with theft deterrents and very much to do with maximizing profits.  When you deposit money into a bank they don't burn your cash or check and they don't directly lend your cash to others, in other words they have it on hand, they may send a certain amount to the fed reserve for safe keeping if they are getting too many deposits but they have it.  What they don't have or actually what doesn't even exist is the money they loan out.  Your deposit of $10 allows them to make loans up to $100 with that $10 as a reserve, hence fractional reserve.  They are not lending out peoples deposits.  When you ask for a home loan the bank calls up the fed reserve and says so-and-so needs $300k for a house and then the fed, electronically, creates that money out of thin air and it goes on the banks books provided they have at least 10% of that 300k in deposits.  When you pay that loan off that $300k disappears back into thin air, all that remains is the interest the bank earned.  In other words, all deposits are accounted for either in the banks vault or through their account with the fed.  It's the loaned out money that they don't have and never had to begin with except for the fractional reserve they must have to make those loans. 

It is actually the banking system that provided this growth.  Production provided our growth throughout the industrial revolution but sine the 1940s-50s it is the banking system described above that created our massive growth.  We have produced next to nothing in the last 30 years but we still have significant growth.  When you can create money out of thin air then of course you are going to grow.  A fractional reserve of 10% means that it only takes 1 million in actual earned money (or profits from actual production) to create financing up to 100 million for small or large business, to buy houses or cars which in turn provide jobs and economic growth and to research and develop new technologies.  In other words, the banking system allows us the financing to "produce" more than we would otherwise be able to. 

Yes banks have been around forever and yes it is the way the banking system is set up that makes it "bad".  When I say our lives would be different I was referring to the fact that we would not have been able to produce or grow as much as we did based on the example above. You are right, the problem is not the concept of a bank it is the use of interest.  Interest is an exponential equation in a world of finite people and resources, in other words it's unsustainable.  Fractional reserve only amplifies this problem.

I'd like to hear how you would limit exploitation and keep wealth distributed more fairly in todays world.  Wouldn't be too hard in a vacuum, but in todays world with todays people and how they are used to living, I really doubt it is possible.

Oh and you might wanna check the definition of the word "currency" because metals certainly are not a currency.  There seems to be this misguided notion that gold is going to become an actual circulated currency in the future which is virtually impossible.  There is not enough gold in existence to account for the wealth we think we have even at $2k an ounce.  Were this too happen everyones net worth would take a serious haircut.  Talk about a great depression, this would be cataclysmic.  I can elaborate on this and the many other issues that make PM's as a currency impossible if you are interested.  How do you price goods in gold without the dollar or some other currency as a reference point?

Thank you, saved me the trouble. Tired of misinformed people thinking gold is a solution.

ksteezy wrote:

Wut? -one car note -two insurances moms and mines -mortgage -maintanence -cable -two cellphones wife's and mines -electricity -home insurance -one major credit card -2 store cards -my mothers major credit card -gym membership I'm sorry but I can't even begin to imagine paying these without the convenience of online banking... How do you do it Memphis???...in person!?...seriously curious..
YES I PAY ALL MY BILLS IN PERSON WITH CASH WITH THE EXCEPTION OF MY RENT WHICH I PAY WITH A USPS MONEY ORDER. IT ISN'T AS INCONVENIENT AS YOU WOULD THINK. A LOT OF THE BILLS ARE WITH THE SAME COMPANY SO I PAY THEM ALL AT ONCE WHEN I STOP IN SUCH AS (CELL, INTERNET, CABLE, HOME PHONE) IS 1 TRIP, (CAR NOTE, MOTORCYCLE NOTE) IS 1 TRIP, ( RENT, ELECTRIC, GAS, WATER) IS 1 TRIP, ETC.

IS IT LESS CONVENIENT THAN SAY ONLINE BILL PAYING OR SWIPING? SURE, IT IS, BUT IT IS A HELL OF A LOT MORE CONVENIENT THAN PAYING $100 IN FEES FOR 3 TRANSACTIONS OF $2 EACH. IT'S THE CONSUMERS FAULT FOR THE FEES BUT WHY EVEN PUT MYSELF IN THAT POSITION WHEN I'M MORE THAN CAPABLE AS AN ADULT OF JUST MANAGING MY OWN MONEY.

LUCKILY I NEVER CARRY A BALANCE ON MY MAJOR CREDIT CARD AND MY HEALTHCARE/401K ARE TAKEN OUT BEFORE I EVEN SEE IT.   

...i have to cosign. it really isnt that bad once your get into a routine. this is EXACTLY how i got started not swiping so much.

*how it all started?*

...i went to the bank one weekend and tried to take out $300 for some bills i needed to pay in the morning. you know how the ATM machine makes thats shuffle sound to disperse your cash? well this ATM did everything right up until that point, straight up told me to take the cash but there was none there.

....so, the next morning i go straight to the bank. they say:

BANK: hey!, we've been waiting on you

ME : okay, i thought something was wrong

BANK: yeah, you were the first one it done it too and no one was able to get money after that.

ME : cool, so what do i need to do to get my money

BANK: well, first you have to fill out these forms

ME : (filled out) okay.....

BANK: then we have to forward these forms to headquarters and our security department to make sure you had sufficient funds in the account

ME : but you can see my account from here to see if the funds were there 

BANK: sorry, bank policy

ME : how long is this process supposed to take

BANK: 30 - 60 days

ME : what!?!?

- luckily i had more money in the account to pay what i needed to. i ended up getting the money aroud 30 days later, but that was only after i came in and demanded my money. the other people in the same situation with me still hadnt gotten their money back.

....from then on out i started taking my ENTIRE check out after payday. which got me used to paying bills in cash only. i did this for a few years or so.

- it wasnt until 2005 (Hurricane Katrina) when you had no physical place to pay bills that i started paying online. so i started leaving only my bill money in the account and taking out all spending money everytime i got paid.

....so yeah, it is possible. what i used to do was map out all these places so i ended up doing a big loop back to the house. really wasnt bad at all, plus i was off on Monday's.

gold has no utility. if our currency fails (im gonna assume a majority of currencies around the world will too) you cant eat gold...

nobody will trade you food for gold

youll be stuck with shiny metal.

good luck with that.

Originally Posted by DaBulls23

When you do transactions through out the day they all done before 5pm post at the same time but transactions done after 5pm is not posted until the next day. So if you had $30 in your account and you spent $20 before 5pm and $10 after 5pm, if you called your bank or check your balance at atm around 8pm it will say you have $10 available when in reality you really dont.

so now you thinking I got $10 to spend and spend it then the next day you overdraft.. Its a slick game but my sis who is a banker told me this is how suntrust and boa works

thats mostly accurate. but, this is why if you just learn to keep track of your money that you spend, you wont overdraft. its a very simple concept. if you dont have it, dont spend it. 

The thing is that I let the bank hold and make money off my money to keep track of my debts and account balances in a accurate way.

If a bank say thats not their job to keep track then ask them why do you do a 3/4 job of trying too

ksteezy wrote:

...i have to cosign. it really isnt that bad once your get into a routine. this is EXACTLY how i got started not swiping so much.

*how it all started?*

...i went to the bank one weekend and tried to take out $300 for some bills i needed to pay in the morning. you know how the ATM machine makes thats shuffle sound to disperse your cash? well this ATM did everything right up until that point, straight up told me to take the cash but there was none there.

....so, the next morning i go straight to the bank. they say:

BANK: yeah, you were the first one it done it too and no one was able to get money after that.

BANK: then we have to forward these forms to headquarters and our security department to make sure you had sufficient funds in the account

- luckily i had more money in the account to pay what i needed to. i ended up getting the money aroud 30 days later, but that was only after i came in and demanded my money. the other people in the same situation with me still hadnt gotten their money back.

....from then on out i started taking my ENTIRE check out after payday. which got me used to paying bills in cash only. i did this for a few years or so.

- it wasnt until 2005 (Hurricane Katrina) when you had no physical place to pay bills that i started paying online. so i started leaving only my bill money in the account and taking out all spending money everytime i got paid.

....so yeah, it is possible. what i used to do was map out all these places so i ended up doing a big loop back to the house. really wasnt bad at all, plus i was off on Monday's.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I DO. I CAN CASH MY CHECK, GET A MONEY ORDER FOR RENT AND PAY ALL MY BILLS IN PERSON IN LESS THAN 2 HOURS. FOR ME, IT IS WELL WORTH IT FOR PEACE OF MIND.

..i went to the bank one weekend and tried to take out $300 for some bills i needed to pay in the morning. you know how the ATM machine makes thats shuffle sound to disperse your cash? well this ATM did everything right up until that point, straight up told me to take the cash but there was none there.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

so, the next morning i go straight to the bank. they say:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
Out of curiousity, what bank did this happen with, and how long ago? The reason I ask is that 30 to 60 days is completely against regulations (Unless you are leaving the part out where they gave you a provisional credit earlier than that time frame, in order to make the bank look worse). You are required to be given a provisional credit within 10 business days at the latest if they didnt resolve your issue by that 10th business day. For an issue like that BoA usually provides that provisional credit the next business day, and sometimes even the same day.

It's not that Memp. pays a lot of bills, it's that he does it all IN PERSON
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom