November 5th is "Bank Transfer Day". Update pg.10

nerd.gif

If I walk into Chase and tell them I wanna close my checking account (not for the protest, just because I'm sick of those bastards) will they hand me the cash (it's only $4000) or will they give me a check? Or do I get the option of which one?

Originally Posted by EyeSeeSoles

Do credit unions charge anything for an account? any student accounts?

It depends. Look up your local credit unions.
They do offer student accounts btw.

Mine charged me like 20 bucks to open I think, but other than that, straight sailing
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kramer

And how will this not destroy the economy?
Our economy is already broken, man. This is just a move by the American people to: A. Validate themselves. B. Participate if they can't go to Wall Street. C. Take what little money they have before it's fancy loose note.

But, in order to rebuild, you have to destroy. And I've had quite enough of America in general; especially the economy. Once I found out that a bank in MN couldn't prove they had liquid assets equal to the mortgage of a house they wanted to repossess, I said f megabanks and signed up with a local credit union that day, son.

going with a credit union is SMART, not sure if a lot of you know that or not. id say do it brah's

already done...went from BofA student account to BECU before the monthly fees kicked in at BofA. none of that with the credit union.

Glad i switched to a Local Credit Union last year before all this came to a head.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

If I walk into Chase and tell them I wanna close my checking account (not for the protest, just because I'm sick of those bastards) will they hand me the cash (it's only $4000) or will they give me a check? Or do I get the option of which one?

laugh.gif
i'm sure chase has 4k on hand...withdraw your money then tell them to close the account...

I've always used both a national bank, and a credit union.
If things get out of hand then I'll have no problem moving my accounts to my CU.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

BOA is so damn convenient tho

they got ATMS EVERYWHERE

And their online banking is so easy......

Contemplating this still though.....

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by Al Audi

BOA is so damn convenient tho

they got ATMS EVERYWHERE

And their online banking is so easy......

Contemplating this still though.....
Try ING.  They have ATM's in a lot of 7-11s and other places too.  Maybe not as convenient as BOA since they pay for the premium spots, but it's not as bad as you think.  The user interface for their online banking is great too.  It's consistently one of the best banks online to deal with and they didn't take any government money unlike Ally (AKA GMAC).

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

i work at BofA. Id close my accnt too if i were a customer. I get hit with fees by my own damn bank when i have a free account!
laugh.gif

That is really messed up.  I know a chick who works there and I told her I was leaving because of the new $5 fee and she gon give me some bs about the fee to justify it.  Why should I have to pay BoA because I choose to use my card to spend my money.  I just switched over to U.S. Bank.

Back
Top Bottom