November 5th is "Bank Transfer Day". Update pg.10

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Credit union/local banks is the way to go.

........um, duh? ive ALWAYS kept my money in credit unions ever since i started working (1998). ive always been confused about people complaining about bank fees and whatnot, ive NEVER had that problem.

Originally Posted by soltheman

And I've had quite enough of America in general; especially the economy.
Yep. It's broken, corrupted, and not for the common person. It's becoming a wasteland, with broken infrastructure, 3rd world education, awful nutrition and food choices, shoddy corrupt media and politics, and poverty galore. I didn't see the freefall coming so fast, but it's here.

Once I heard about the monthly fee I decided to just withdraw all my money and deal with straight cash homie. Will the monthly fee still apply to me?

........ohhhh, thats right. i forgot you clowns still live and die by that damn ATM. LOL! so thats all it takes huh? thats the big determining factor in which bank gets your money? hella ATM's and an easy online interface? LOL! people are +%!!#%@ stupid.

....nvm, ive had this conversation before on here. its best to leave them ATM's alone man. pay your bills like tithes when you get paid, take out enough cash to last till next payday, and repeat. it doesnt take long at all to estimate how much cash one should need from check to check, yet you got people going to the ATM like its a their personal piggy bank and have the nerve to get upset over fees, LOL!

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

i work at BofA. Id close my accnt too if i were a customer. I get hit with fees by my own damn bank when i have a free account!
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
.. You're doin somethin wrong, call the associate banking line when fees hit. I get all mines waived, once had my account negative for a good week and never got hit with anything.

I've been with Chase for about 4 years, I used to get hit with a bunch of fees in the past and I used to get tight, but then I realized it was really my fault, I would swipe and swipe and then cry when I would be charged 90$ for three 2$ transactions that were over drafted...I started monitoring my account better and every time I see something fishy I dial their number, safe to say now I'm pretty content with them...can someone shed some knowledge on why is it that so many people have issues with their banks, because if it's their fees, you can easily avoid any of that by being more aware....other than that I really don't know what the problem is, they've never taken any money from me without a reason....not trying to start a debate, I just really don't understand what the problem is and I couldn't open the article Hank posted...so some insight would be appreciated.

Banks are shady dude. Guess you didn't read about how Boa was skipping earlier transactions for the larger ones occurring much later just to force an overdraft fee

been with chase for years and never been charged a fee for my account 
I don't have a reason to close my account 

and not to sound ignorant but what the fuss about with you guys 

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

i'm down for this...oh wait I don't have a bank account.

::ahead of the curve::
Haven't stepped foot in a bank since 08. Lost faith in banks a long time ago..

Originally Posted by kidKiDd

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

i work at BofA. Id close my accnt too if i were a customer. I get hit with fees by my own damn bank when i have a free account!
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
.. You're doin somethin wrong, call the associate banking line when fees hit. I get all mines waived, once had my account negative for a good week and never got hit with anything.
got it fixed... but it happened TWICE 
laugh.gif

they on that, "it might take a month to get your 3 dollars back, and it might happen again, just call back and ill fix it" 
alien.gif

That is really messed up.  I know a chick who works there and I told her I was leaving because of the new $5 fee and she gon give me some bs about the fee to justify it.  Why should I have to pay BoA because I choose to use my card to spend my money.  I just switched over to U.S. Bank.

when i work there, and my job is to keep the customers there all i say is something along the lines of "oh its not going to happen till next year etc sit down with a PB and see what we can do for u" or "other banks already started doing it, etc" and ill explain the regulation rules that happened. but still, my BOFA is located in a low income area so its hard to keep them and i understand.

Originally Posted by Nktran001

And a Bank of American branch in Santa Cruz refused to let protesters close their accounts, saying they could not be protesters and customers at the same time

laugh.gif

I was about to quote the exact same thing. What the hell?
laugh.gif

so what banks are supposedly going to start all of these fees?? i know BOA is one... but my bank is SunTrust should i be worried with them?

Money in my shoe box, pre paid debit card for bills ...

I'm good, *!% these banks

My best advice for customers worried about the fees Banks are charging is to just switch back to using cash. Like dude was saying earlier, it's all about managing your accounts correctly. Learn when the fees come into play, then learn how to avoid it. ex the $5 fees hits when you swipe, (Ways to avoid?);walk with $50, NO ATM CHARGE. Now if you're complaining about constant overdraft fees then I don't feel sorry cause you're spending cash you don't have.. They deserve to make profit off you.

Besides you guys closing down you're accounts is $*#!? with my job security, and doin little for the economy.

Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

so what banks are supposedly going to start all of these fees?? i know BOA is one... but my bank is SunTrust should i be worried with them?

If you do not have direct deposit, you will be charged $7.00 a month. There will be be a $5.00 a month check card fee, unless you have $20K in your account.

You should have got something in the mail, explaining everything. If I could pay rent with money order or cash, my account would have been closed a long time ago.

Just curious, how many of you guys actually pay more than just 2 bills every month???....I can't picture myself without the convenience Chase offers, specially when it comes to bills pay, I can pay all my bills within 2 minutes while sitting on the toilet, how can anyone give that up for the old method of mailing in your bills 10 days befOre their due date....unless you really don't have any real life responsibilities other than a phone bill/car payment.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

If you do not have direct deposit, you will be charged $7.00 a month. There will be be a $5.00 a month check card fee, unless you have $20K in your account.

You should have got something in the mail, explaining everything. If I could pay rent with money order or cash, my account would have been closed a long time ago.

. found it

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Just curious, how many of you guys actually pay more than just 2 bills every month???....I can't picture myself without the convenience Chase offers, specially when it comes to bills pay, I can pay all my bills within 2 minutes while sitting on the toilet, how can anyone give that up for the old method of mailing in your bills 10 days befOre their due date....unless you really don't have any real life responsibilities other than a phone bill/car payment.

It's not as uncommon as you might think.  All my reoccuring bills are autodrafted already.  I have heard many people happy with Chase, but dealing with them professionally for 2 years has made me vow NEVER to do business with them for my personal finances.  Once a mistake is made, it takes an act of God to make sure it's fixed right.

Back
Top Bottom