black people not equal?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

brah the point im trying to make is each individual no matter what race has potential to be great.
I can't agree with that. Everyone can't be great. Everyone doesn't have the potential to be great. Some people's potential is 10th grade. Others is a construction worker. Just like in sports, no matter how hard some people work, they just won't be able to be great.

So I can't agree with that.

Well first, define great.
herein lies the issue dc.  the standards we set are societal.  
i do like the examples u use.  just because u don't have a phd doesnt mean yr incapable of being great.  i know shaman who are just as knowledgable.  but somehow greatness is seen as $$$.

like sports some people are born just natrually talented and gifted and are great. see kobe, but i dont respect him one bit bc he doesnt have the same work ethic as mj.

to continue with that line.  i will show more respect to the dude that gets up every morning and practices and busts his butt off just to get better.  even though he may never get drafted.  unfortunately greatness is defined by $$$.  don't give me this championship crap either.  bc if yall told kobe and lebron to play for the league minimum in exhcange for a 3-peat, they aint doin it.  $$$ =/= greatness.

i actually had this debate in one of my seminar classes regardsing feminism.  do they want equal pay or recognition.

but you ask a great question dc.  what is great.

perfhaps your definition explains why you feel like you can't side with my statement.

people are not equal and thats just a fact of life. has nothing to do with race but more so the individual. 
if you act in a manner worthy of respect, you will get treated with respect from everyone (not just white ppl)

people are not equal and thats just a fact of life. has nothing to do with race but more so the individual. 
if you act in a manner worthy of respect, you will get treated with respect from everyone (not just white ppl)

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

There are a lot of black amaericans that are above most people in this country. But if you take the majority of blacks stat wise we're way behind the rest of the separate races. take rapping and basketball into account, most african americans strive to be athletes and celebs other then scholars. if we as a whole could change our mind set and separate from all the material things in life we'd show some true progress. Most black americans spend money for short term invaluable items that have no worth, but everything they see around them and are influenced by say they should use their money for items of image. A lot of us are above the influence, but a big majority aren't.

equal we are not, used we are mostly.
agreed

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

There are a lot of black amaericans that are above most people in this country. But if you take the majority of blacks stat wise we're way behind the rest of the separate races. take rapping and basketball into account, most african americans strive to be athletes and celebs other then scholars. if we as a whole could change our mind set and separate from all the material things in life we'd show some true progress. Most black americans spend money for short term invaluable items that have no worth, but everything they see around them and are influenced by say they should use their money for items of image. A lot of us are above the influence, but a big majority aren't.

equal we are not, used we are mostly.
agreed

this thread is like when white people first found out that the police have been beating up black people.
roll.gif

this thread is like when white people first found out that the police have been beating up black people.
roll.gif

[h1]Oklahoma Republican Says Blacks Don’t Work as Hard as Whites [/h1]

While testifying against affirmative action, Sally Kern said Blacks and women don’t work as hard as white men.

By Cord Jefferson

Posted: 04/28/2011 07:15 PM EDT

Filed Under unemployment

image.custom300x0.dimg

A state congresswoman from Oklahoma who’s been in trouble for controversial statements before is back in hot water. Sally Kern, a 64-year-old Oklahoma City resident, made comments in support of Oklahoma’s recent bill banning affirmative action for government jobs. Some of what Kern said was benign. Some of it, like when she said Blacks just don’t work as hard as whites, was not.

“While discrimination exists, I don't think affirmative action has been as successful as we like to believe,

While testifying against affirmative action, Sally Kern said Blacks and women don’t work as hard as white men.

By Cord Jefferson

Filed Under unemployment

image.custom300x0.dimg

A state congresswoman from Oklahoma who’s been in trouble for controversial statements before is back in hot water. Sally Kern, a 64-year-old Oklahoma City resident, made comments in support of Oklahoma’s recent bill banning affirmative action for government jobs. Some of what Kern said was benign. Some of it, like when she said Blacks just don’t work as hard as whites, was not.

“While discrimination exists, I don't think affirmative action has been as successful as we like to believe,

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

By Cord Jefferson

Filed Under unemployment

image.custom300x0.dimg

By Cord Jefferson

Filed Under unemployment

image.custom300x0.dimg

Originally Posted by ayejreeun

When will humans learn that all races are equally inferior to robots?
when the robots take over and kill us all because they will simply say we do not work. 

Originally Posted by ayejreeun

When will humans learn that all races are equally inferior to robots?
when the robots take over and kill us all because they will simply say we do not work. 

Originally Posted by iWhipMyHeadovv

By Cord Jefferson

Filed Under unemployment

image.custom300x0.dimg

Originally Posted by iWhipMyHeadovv

By Cord Jefferson

Filed Under unemployment

image.custom300x0.dimg

Back
Top Bottom