black people not equal?

I mean you can argue both ways that slavery was great for Blacks.

Thousands of Africans were brought here, whose to say that there would be a lot of black people here now if they weren't brought.

I do agree that black people get looked down upon a lot. Which is sad, since the color of a person shouldn't defy their character.

Thousands of Africans were brought here, whose to say that there would be a lot of black people here now if they weren't brought.

I do agree that black people get looked down upon a lot. Which is sad, since the color of a person shouldn't defy their character.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

indifferent.gif

What the %!%# are you talking about kid?

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Beacon ave south

indifferent.gif

Son you really are dumb at reading posts
laugh.gif
I think you're trolling
roll.gif

I said you can argue for both sides, since that statement was brought up by someone. 

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
I think you're trolling
roll.gif

I said you can argue for both sides, since that statement was brought up by someone. 

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
I think you're trolling
roll.gif

Do you agree with the statement?

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
I think you're trolling
roll.gif

Do you agree with the statement?

I see a lot of posts that say whites don't see us blacks as equally, but there are also some middle eastern, hispanic, and even african people don't see blacks as equals or like black americans. Just wondering why do white people get all the hate?

I see a lot of posts that say whites don't see us blacks as equally, but there are also some middle eastern, hispanic, and even african people don't see blacks as equals or like black americans. Just wondering why do white people get all the hate?

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
I think you're trolling
roll.gif

laugh.gif
it was me that brought up that statement.  if you read through the whole post you would see that i dont agree with it, its just one of many arguments ive heard.  dont make me go through what i went through with LarryDavidSwag again
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
I think you're trolling
roll.gif

laugh.gif
it was me that brought up that statement.  if you read through the whole post you would see that i dont agree with it, its just one of many arguments ive heard.  dont make me go through what i went through with LarryDavidSwag again
laugh.gif

roll.gif

@Superfly

i hit my limit yesterday. i said that i understand what you claim to be doing, but even "posing" those moronic arguments beings stupidity to the thread.

in no way, shape or form was slavery OR the atomic bomb good for any portion of humanity. (well, except whites, hence all the animosity toward whites TODAY that CONTINUE to benefit from SLAVERY or SYSTEMATIC OPPRESSION or DROPPING TWO BOMBS ON JAPAN...and i suppose the japan thing could have been a plus for AMERICANS in general.....)

i wanted to address what youre saying about everyone having the potential to succeed. this is true, and i agree completely. But in the same vein, you can't criticize the people who DONT succeed DESPITE the odd against them.....

like, if someone "makes it" despite the opposition, cool....its a great feat......but not everyone CAN nor WILL succeed....and not ALWAYS, but a majority of the time, the system was stacked against them....

you can't, at the same time, look down upon or raise some point based upon those who don't succeed, even with the "potential"

cause, like ive said in other posts, a white kid with a 4.0 at a suburban school isn't as strong as a hispanic woman with a 4.0 in an inner-city school....and that's just reality. the hispanic woman had to overcome so much more, socially, her accomplishment is much more impressive. People can take that as prejudice, racist, whatever....that's reality.

of course everyone has the potential to make it, but who had a better head start, the kid in the suburbs with two parents who graduated college OR the hispanic girl who's family work as migrant workers, and make 5 dollars a day, off the books?

and IF that hispanic girl doesn't "succeed" can it ALL be attributed to her? like she's lazy....not motivated....not smart....doesnt take education serious? i'd like to think that a majority of that would fall on the situation she was born in, rather than HER....but hey, that's just me.

if she overcomes the situation she was born in, its impressive....if she falls victim to her circumstance, she's lazy?

eyes.gif

the system was designed, implimented and continued FOR THAT VERY OUTCOME.....

Just wondering why do white people get all the hate? 
see above. its especially worse when the individual cannot accept the fact that they benefit from just being white in this country....

roll.gif

@Superfly

i hit my limit yesterday. i said that i understand what you claim to be doing, but even "posing" those moronic arguments beings stupidity to the thread.

in no way, shape or form was slavery OR the atomic bomb good for any portion of humanity. (well, except whites, hence all the animosity toward whites TODAY that CONTINUE to benefit from SLAVERY or SYSTEMATIC OPPRESSION or DROPPING TWO BOMBS ON JAPAN...and i suppose the japan thing could have been a plus for AMERICANS in general.....)

i wanted to address what youre saying about everyone having the potential to succeed. this is true, and i agree completely. But in the same vein, you can't criticize the people who DONT succeed DESPITE the odd against them.....

like, if someone "makes it" despite the opposition, cool....its a great feat......but not everyone CAN nor WILL succeed....and not ALWAYS, but a majority of the time, the system was stacked against them....

you can't, at the same time, look down upon or raise some point based upon those who don't succeed, even with the "potential"

cause, like ive said in other posts, a white kid with a 4.0 at a suburban school isn't as strong as a hispanic woman with a 4.0 in an inner-city school....and that's just reality. the hispanic woman had to overcome so much more, socially, her accomplishment is much more impressive. People can take that as prejudice, racist, whatever....that's reality.

of course everyone has the potential to make it, but who had a better head start, the kid in the suburbs with two parents who graduated college OR the hispanic girl who's family work as migrant workers, and make 5 dollars a day, off the books?

and IF that hispanic girl doesn't "succeed" can it ALL be attributed to her? like she's lazy....not motivated....not smart....doesnt take education serious? i'd like to think that a majority of that would fall on the situation she was born in, rather than HER....but hey, that's just me.

if she overcomes the situation she was born in, its impressive....if she falls victim to her circumstance, she's lazy?

eyes.gif

the system was designed, implimented and continued FOR THAT VERY OUTCOME.....

Just wondering why do white people get all the hate? 
see above. its especially worse when the individual cannot accept the fact that they benefit from just being white in this country....

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

brah the point im trying to make is each individual no matter what race has potential to be great.
I can't agree with that. Everyone can't be great. Everyone doesn't have the potential to be great. Some people's potential is 10th grade. Others is a construction worker. Just like in sports, no matter how hard some people work, they just won't be able to be great.

So I can't agree with that.

Well first, define great.

brah the point im trying to make is each individual no matter what race has potential to be great.
I can't agree with that. Everyone can't be great. Everyone doesn't have the potential to be great. Some people's potential is 10th grade. Others is a construction worker. Just like in sports, no matter how hard some people work, they just won't be able to be great.

I'll contribute: (from the dez bryant thread)
Willy Hitchero wrote:

best hands in the game wrote:dont understand why people do it ON PURPOSE

Don't try to. One of the silliest things people do on this planet is try to understand others. Just accept them. It's hard enough developing your own understanding of the world without trying to develop an understanding of another person's POV. Some people despise sagging.. That's hilarious to me. It's clothes, not politics.

"Yeah but I get offended when rah rah rah rah"

So what.. I get offended seeing Muslim women in curtains, but it ain't my culture/religion to understand. Whatever.. I got offended watching a documentary on "Bride-napping" in Kazakhstan (Straight stealing +%*#%%% from their job and not letting them go home until they agree to marriage.. ) but the women they interviewed smiled and were proud of the tradition. @%%! it..so be it.

People need to stop stressing about other cultures....especially when it's something small like how some one wears pants..

Me:
Well said..... but at the same time - its not OK for ignorant people to continue making threads about how "the black man" is being "kept down" and "destroyed" blah blah blah..... quit the whining folk's. You're all a generation too late to utilize this argument - AT THIS POINT- its called ACCEPTED IGNORANCE & LAZINESS. Blame your parents for passing down a chip on their shoulder - that, for the most part, was passed down to them. Every race, creed has had troubles in their pasts- YOU LEARN FROM THEM AND MOVE ON.

This young, rich, talented dude thinks hes entitled to act a fool (ya, it was in a rich - majority white mall) some spoiled white punks would've/should've had the same crap happen to them. Its like the stories we've all seen about kids getting kicked out of school for they're hair being too long. The parents and kids always try say, its our childs hair and he can express himself the way he wants - NOT IN A PUBLIC SCHOOL
You're welcome!!!

I'll contribute: (from the dez bryant thread)
Willy Hitchero wrote:

best hands in the game wrote:dont understand why people do it ON PURPOSE

Don't try to. One of the silliest things people do on this planet is try to understand others. Just accept them. It's hard enough developing your own understanding of the world without trying to develop an understanding of another person's POV. Some people despise sagging.. That's hilarious to me. It's clothes, not politics.

"Yeah but I get offended when rah rah rah rah"

So what.. I get offended seeing Muslim women in curtains, but it ain't my culture/religion to understand. Whatever.. I got offended watching a documentary on "Bride-napping" in Kazakhstan (Straight stealing +%*#%%% from their job and not letting them go home until they agree to marriage.. ) but the women they interviewed smiled and were proud of the tradition. @%%! it..so be it.

People need to stop stressing about other cultures....especially when it's something small like how some one wears pants..

Me:
Well said..... but at the same time - its not OK for ignorant people to continue making threads about how "the black man" is being "kept down" and "destroyed" blah blah blah..... quit the whining folk's. You're all a generation too late to utilize this argument - AT THIS POINT- its called ACCEPTED IGNORANCE & LAZINESS. Blame your parents for passing down a chip on their shoulder - that, for the most part, was passed down to them. Every race, creed has had troubles in their pasts- YOU LEARN FROM THEM AND MOVE ON.

This young, rich, talented dude thinks hes entitled to act a fool (ya, it was in a rich - majority white mall) some spoiled white punks would've/should've had the same crap happen to them. Its like the stories we've all seen about kids getting kicked out of school for they're hair being too long. The parents and kids always try say, its our childs hair and he can express himself the way he wants - NOT IN A PUBLIC SCHOOL
You're welcome!!!

im mad i cant access that post from work.

rilla shut that thread down, tho...

the "i get offended when i see a muslim woman in curtains"

same deal.

why does it matter how someone else's style of dress makes YOU feel?

i see TONS of white boys from the burbs sagging, never one single negative stereotype is hurled at them, nor do they see prejudice because of it

but because a black kid is sagging he's lazy and not raised right?

FOH

all that $*$+ is manmade constructs used to judge and exclude people they don't want in on their circle jerk...

wearing suits, hard shoes, ties, not smoking, not drinking, no tattoos, no rap music, no profanity, etc.

all that $*$+ is a social construct of expected behaviors that, in this country, unfortunately, were developed by intensely racist, egomaniacs bent on ruling the land THEIR way....

period.

dez bryant should be able to walk that mall in speedos if he wants. i'm not familiar with all the stuff surrounding what happened to him, but im 1000000000 percent positive skater or hipster or rap fan white kids go into that mall sagging DAILY.

i see it myself. i have white suburban friends who do it and never get spoken to about it.

like rilla said, its not your place to judge a feature of another culture....period.

you can have an opinion, but once you start degrading people, yes, "lazy, ignorant" is degrading to humans, especially when the criteria for being labeled such is a way in which you dress, is where i draw the line...

and to keep it funky, these white dudes in mesh and muscle shirts with the plunging v lines? offensive

homosexual dudes with pants on so tight you can see their nuts and penis? offensive

fat people who show skin of any sort? offensive

now, do i make judgements on these people based upon that, and advocate society holding them accountable for not conforming to what is widely socially acceptable? no way....

im mad i cant access that post from work.

rilla shut that thread down, tho...

the "i get offended when i see a muslim woman in curtains"

same deal.

why does it matter how someone else's style of dress makes YOU feel?

i see TONS of white boys from the burbs sagging, never one single negative stereotype is hurled at them, nor do they see prejudice because of it

FOH

all that $*$+ is manmade constructs used to judge and exclude people they don't want in on their circle jerk...

wearing suits, hard shoes, ties, not smoking, not drinking, no tattoos, no rap music, no profanity, etc.

all that $*$+ is a social construct of expected behaviors that, in this country, unfortunately, were developed by intensely racist, egomaniacs bent on ruling the land THEIR way....

period.

dez bryant should be able to walk that mall in speedos if he wants. i'm not familiar with all the stuff surrounding what happened to him, but im 1000000000 percent positive skater or hipster or rap fan white kids go into that mall sagging DAILY.

i see it myself. i have white suburban friends who do it and never get spoken to about it.

like rilla said, its not your place to judge a feature of another culture....period.

you can have an opinion, but once you start degrading people, yes, "lazy, ignorant" is degrading to humans, especially when the criteria for being labeled such is a way in which you dress, is where i draw the line...

and to keep it funky, these white dudes in mesh and muscle shirts with the plunging v lines? offensive

homosexual dudes with pants on so tight you can see their nuts and penis? offensive

fat people who show skin of any sort? offensive

now, do i make judgements on these people based upon that, and advocate society holding them accountable for not conforming to what is widely socially acceptable? no way....

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

NO .........&  RIGHT- but its AMERICAN CULTURE, not BLACK CULTURE.

You're not reading into the point, your just re-verberating/recycling the same ignorant crap thats already been posted/ said - without opening your mind to others views. Stay ignorant and pointing fingers at everybody else if you want to( u aint gettin anywhere with that though)- I keep it movin and keep it positive

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

NO .........&  RIGHT- but its AMERICAN CULTURE, not BLACK CULTURE.

You're not reading into the point, your just re-verberating/recycling the same ignorant crap thats already been posted/ said - without opening your mind to others views. Stay ignorant and pointing fingers at everybody else if you want to( u aint gettin anywhere with that though)- I keep it movin and keep it positive

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

herein lies the issue dc.  the standards we set are societal.  
i do like the examples u use.  just because u don't have a phd doesnt mean yr incapable of being great.  i know shaman who are just as knowledgable.  but somehow greatness is seen as $$$.

like sports some people are born just natrually talented and gifted and are great. see kobe, but i dont respect him one bit bc he doesnt have the same work ethic as mj.

to continue with that line.  i will show more respect to the dude that gets up every morning and practices and busts his butt off just to get better.  even though he may never get drafted.  unfortunately greatness is defined by $$$.  don't give me this championship crap either.  bc if yall told kobe and lebron to play for the league minimum in exhcange for a 3-peat, they aint doin it.  $$$ =/= greatness.

i actually had this debate in one of my seminar classes regardsing feminism.  do they want equal pay or recognition.

but you ask a great question dc.  what is great.

perfhaps your definition explains why you feel like you can't side with my statement.

Back
Top Bottom