black people not equal?

stop actin like you guys were there during slavery. get over yourselves. everyone is racist. i hate that *@!. instead of arguin why dont we individually try t treat everyone equally.

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

stop actin like you guys were there during slavery. 

we werent. my mother had to drink from "black only" water fountains and my great great grandfather wasnt even allowed to read, tho.

grin.gif

stop actin like you guys were there during slavery. 

we werent. my mother had to drink from "black only" water fountains and my great great grandfather wasnt even allowed to read, tho.

grin.gif

Great point Rufio because the only ones that chattel slavery had a negative impact on were the people that were there...

Great point Rufio because the only ones that chattel slavery had a negative impact on were the people that were there...

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

What I find funny is how certain minorities will try to put down others to get closer to white people. It doesn't matter what you do, whites will never see you as equals. No matter how hard you argue that you're better than other minorities.

Agree 1000%

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

What I find funny is how certain minorities will try to put down others to get closer to white people. It doesn't matter what you do, whites will never see you as equals. No matter how hard you argue that you're better than other minorities.

Agree 1000%

brah the point im trying to make is each individual no matter what race has potential to be great.

if the generations past endured such oppression. imagine what all of us are capable of now.

slavery had its effects. racism affects people still. but that doesn't mean each individual cannot be great.

it is the resilience and resolve of these people that should inspire, not grow resentment.

people complaining bout slavery copping kicks and ipads and such.

do not lett oppression define standards today. just remember the history and use it to motivate you when you feel things are unfair.

brah the point im trying to make is each individual no matter what race has potential to be great.

if the generations past endured such oppression. imagine what all of us are capable of now.

slavery had its effects. racism affects people still. but that doesn't mean each individual cannot be great.

it is the resilience and resolve of these people that should inspire, not grow resentment.

do not lett oppression define standards today. just remember the history and use it to motivate you when you feel things are unfair.

i feel this, however, that's not what your post reads...

your post reads "stop your bloodclot crying, you werent even there"

not "you have the potential to be great despite the racism and systematic oppression your race has endured and continues to face"

but, yeah, i agree with you about the "everyone has potential to be great"

in the same vien, you can't dismiss people who don't become great despite their disadvantage....

i.e. "look at all these welfare babies, how can you just perpetually live off the system then blame it on slavery?"

get my drift?

i feel this, however, that's not what your post reads...

your post reads "stop your bloodclot crying, you werent even there"

not "you have the potential to be great despite the racism and systematic oppression your race has endured and continues to face"

but, yeah, i agree with you about the "everyone has potential to be great"

in the same vien, you can't dismiss people who don't become great despite their disadvantage....

i.e. "look at all these welfare babies, how can you just perpetually live off the system then blame it on slavery?"

get my drift?

Inspiring for dormancy is a contradiction though. We have to grow more resentment to the institutions that are doing their best to make sure we don't exist anymore.

Inspiring for dormancy is a contradiction though. We have to grow more resentment to the institutions that are doing their best to make sure we don't exist anymore.

This is so wrong on so many levels. Majority of the people in the United States do not even have the potential to be sub-par. Reason being, most of these people are poor, and poor makes up majority of minority populations. The reason why there so many more poor minorities is due to racism loop-hole that has been faced, and what we are still facing. We just can't put it aside, and say hi guys, sup, I'm about to be great because I'm living in 2011. Like I know this is so cliche but it's clear that the past determines the future. Minorities got the short end of the stick and majority of them are still getting it. Doesn't matter how much motivation you have, if you don't have the resources, then you most likely won't get it done.

This is so wrong on so many levels. Majority of the people in the United States do not even have the potential to be sub-par. Reason being, most of these people are poor, and poor makes up majority of minority populations. The reason why there so many more poor minorities is due to racism loop-hole that has been faced, and what we are still facing. We just can't put it aside, and say hi guys, sup, I'm about to be great because I'm living in 2011. Like I know this is so cliche but it's clear that the past determines the future. Minorities got the short end of the stick and majority of them are still getting it. Doesn't matter how much motivation you have, if you don't have the resources, then you most likely won't get it done.

i see your points gys and i understand some of my opinions come off as brash.

im in the psychology field. a few things ive learned

i am and many ppl often dont see our own entitlements. by saying that everyone has the opportunity, i dont mean to say that the system sets some to fail. i know that. but man is greater than the system.

i worked w adolescents who were in the upmost ridiculous positions. poor, no chance type of kids. but trust me its amazing what a little hope and confidence can do.

i somewhat agree that can resentment can at times lead to strenght also.

but remember what yodo said about anger.

i am filipino. i am american. i am a minorty. i know that i wil never experience what other minorities have in terms of oppression. yet despite the odds. whether white or black or whateve i promise u that i honestly have confidence in the strength of an individual ni matter the odds.

i truly wish that mlk's words were truly achieved. progress cn be progress but i understand there is a huge difference between equality and equitable.

i see your points gys and i understand some of my opinions come off as brash.

im in the psychology field. a few things ive learned

i am and many ppl often dont see our own entitlements. by saying that everyone has the opportunity, i dont mean to say that the system sets some to fail. i know that. but man is greater than the system.

i worked w adolescents who were in the upmost ridiculous positions. poor, no chance type of kids. but trust me its amazing what a little hope and confidence can do.

i somewhat agree that can resentment can at times lead to strenght also.

but remember what yodo said about anger.

i am filipino. i am american. i am a minorty. i know that i wil never experience what other minorities have in terms of oppression. yet despite the odds. whether white or black or whateve i promise u that i honestly have confidence in the strength of an individual ni matter the odds.

i truly wish that mlk's words were truly achieved. progress cn be progress but i understand there is a huge difference between equality and equitable.

willmatic i see yr point. at the same time you will have the ignoramus haters say "well what about welfare or affirmative action". i totally see yr point. but to be honest, andmaybe its bc im a minority, i cheer for the underdog. hell if minorities are the underdog, well then we gotta get to training and beat that russian. hell rocky did it. and if can change, he can change, you can change, we all can change. addddddrrrrriiiaaaannn

willmatic i see yr point. at the same time you will have the ignoramus haters say "well what about welfare or affirmative action". i totally see yr point. but to be honest, andmaybe its bc im a minority, i cheer for the underdog. hell if minorities are the underdog, well then we gotta get to training and beat that russian. hell rocky did it. and if can change, he can change, you can change, we all can change. addddddrrrrriiiaaaannn

This dude really say Slavery was the best thing to happen to African Americans and the Nuke was the best thing for the Japanese? You serious? 
indifferent.gif

This dude really say Slavery was the best thing to happen to African Americans and the Nuke was the best thing for the Japanese? You serious? 
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom