black people not equal?

What I find funny is how certain minorities will try to put down others to get closer to white people. It doesn't matter what you do, whites will never see you as equals. No matter how hard you argue that you're better than other minorities.

What I find funny is how certain minorities will try to put down others to get closer to white people. It doesn't matter what you do, whites will never see you as equals. No matter how hard you argue that you're better than other minorities.

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

i was thinking the same thing. this thread turned into a "who gets disrespected the least" debate.
laugh.gif

i was thinking the same thing. this thread turned into a "who gets disrespected the least" debate.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Some of you fools in here are showing just how ******ed you really are... The comments in here are ridiculous.

30t6p3b.gif

Some of you fools in here are showing just how ******ed you really are... The comments in here are ridiculous.

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

its not as much asians and hispanics, but we are def treated alot differently then white people when put in similar situations
 im also someone who thinks alot of black folk here on NT call for racism far to much, when none is present 

You rep Tennessee and think racism doesnt exist?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
when did i say racism doesnt exist? 
indifferent.gif

I grew up in Japan, my whole family is from Tennessee and now i live in Texas, trust me i know about racism 
laugh.gif

but....a bunch of people here on NT mistake ignorance for racism all the time or are just flat out reaching 

racism, prejudice, and ignorance are all 3 different things. a lot of what goes on here in america are prejudice acts, not so much racism. and a lot of stuff i don't think is done intentionally. i was talking to my homeboy about this just earlier today. a lot of stuff isn't looked at as if the shoe was on the other foot to see the wrong in the situation, so things may be done to or thought about black people simply because it's not looked at as a whole.

for example, i was telling my homeboy about this situation:  i went to a predominately white high school. when we would have assemblies, of course, all the black people would come in together in one big group, and teachers would stop the group at the door and only let 2 at a time go in. like let some white kids file in then send 2 blacks, then let some more go in and send in 2 more blacks. trying to not let us all sit together. my question is why not? if you take a look, there are 30 white kids in a row sitting together and it's not a problem. i dont think the teachers were intentionally trying to be racist or prejudice on purpose, i just think they thought that a bunch of black kids sitting together would cause a disruption and they wanted to diffuse the problem before it began. but it's not right to assume that we would cause a disturbance. i just don't think that they were trying to be malicious, but yet it was still and injustice.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

its not as much asians and hispanics, but we are def treated alot differently then white people when put in similar situations
 im also someone who thinks alot of black folk here on NT call for racism far to much, when none is present 

You rep Tennessee and think racism doesnt exist?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
when did i say racism doesnt exist? 
indifferent.gif

I grew up in Japan, my whole family is from Tennessee and now i live in Texas, trust me i know about racism 
laugh.gif

but....a bunch of people here on NT mistake ignorance for racism all the time or are just flat out reaching 

racism, prejudice, and ignorance are all 3 different things. a lot of what goes on here in america are prejudice acts, not so much racism. and a lot of stuff i don't think is done intentionally. i was talking to my homeboy about this just earlier today. a lot of stuff isn't looked at as if the shoe was on the other foot to see the wrong in the situation, so things may be done to or thought about black people simply because it's not looked at as a whole.

for example, i was telling my homeboy about this situation:  i went to a predominately white high school. when we would have assemblies, of course, all the black people would come in together in one big group, and teachers would stop the group at the door and only let 2 at a time go in. like let some white kids file in then send 2 blacks, then let some more go in and send in 2 more blacks. trying to not let us all sit together. my question is why not? if you take a look, there are 30 white kids in a row sitting together and it's not a problem. i dont think the teachers were intentionally trying to be racist or prejudice on purpose, i just think they thought that a bunch of black kids sitting together would cause a disruption and they wanted to diffuse the problem before it began. but it's not right to assume that we would cause a disturbance. i just don't think that they were trying to be malicious, but yet it was still and injustice.

There are a lot of black amaericans that are above most people in this country. But if you take the majority of blacks stat wise we're way behind the rest of the separate races. take rapping and basketball into account, most african americans strive to be athletes and celebs other then scholars. if we as a whole could change our mind set and separate from all the material things in life we'd show some true progress. Most black americans spend money for short term invaluable items that have no worth, but everything they see around them and are influenced by say they should use their money for items of image. A lot of us are above the influence, but a big majority aren't.

equal we are not, used we are mostly.

There are a lot of black amaericans that are above most people in this country. But if you take the majority of blacks stat wise we're way behind the rest of the separate races. take rapping and basketball into account, most african americans strive to be athletes and celebs other then scholars. if we as a whole could change our mind set and separate from all the material things in life we'd show some true progress. Most black americans spend money for short term invaluable items that have no worth, but everything they see around them and are influenced by say they should use their money for items of image. A lot of us are above the influence, but a big majority aren't.

equal we are not, used we are mostly.

Originally Posted by pjhoody

they want us to be preoccupied fighting each other instead of us trying to spend our energy and time becoming better ... something like that.

Originally Posted by pjhoody

they want us to be preoccupied fighting each other instead of us trying to spend our energy and time becoming better ... something like that.

I didn't know my trolling would go this hard.

I mean for people that say asians and hispanics have it easier, that is true. They werent slaves in this country. What did Asians do? Build the railroads? Hispanics came here after slavery too. Comparing the situation of Blacks to Asians and Hispanics isn't right considering Blacks have had it worst for hundreds of years. In MY OPINION, blacks have made incredible strides in this country, strides that people who aren't black wouldn't really feel or probably understand.

I didn't know my trolling would go this hard.

I mean for people that say asians and hispanics have it easier, that is true. They werent slaves in this country. What did Asians do? Build the railroads? Hispanics came here after slavery too. Comparing the situation of Blacks to Asians and Hispanics isn't right considering Blacks have had it worst for hundreds of years. In MY OPINION, blacks have made incredible strides in this country, strides that people who aren't black wouldn't really feel or probably understand.

internment camps. they happened. my grandparents got stripped from their home, when camps were done with they had absolutely nothing. the same goes for a ton of other asians. id say they made pretty solid strides to overcome that deficit. i see a lot of really dumb comparisons in here and to say such and such race suffered more or less is ridiculous. who are we to judge such a thing? if we wanna talk about who has suffered most recently, then lets puts some dates out. slavery ended in 1865, internment camps were in 1942.
also, the railroad building was definitely, in a sense, slavery because the pay was so negligible. railroads are also among the first steps towards modernization. japan followed this system around the meiji restoration, as did china in their attempt at modernizing some time in the tongzhi restoration. im not going to say that the labor from black slaves is irrelevant (which is definitely not the case), nor will i say its more important than the labor provided by asians because how are we really going to measure that? but i mean, to completely discredit the labor of asians in comparison to blacks is disgusting.
if you want to bring up modern day contribution, then mexicans are certainly amongst the highest. america is a capitalist nation and is also country built on cheap labor. i dont care if the mexicans are flooding in here illegally, the fact is, their labor keeps many small businesses afloat (we could go off on another tangent and discuss walmart and how they ruin the economy, but that is far from the point). coupled with that comes the idea of how much labor is outsourced to other countries. where is the majority of the outsourced labor? you guessed it. asia. so maybe they arent americans, but again, we can see a large contribution from asian nations towards america.

as mentioned before, i dont want to say a certain race suffered more than another, or which one has made the most contributions. i just want to put it out there that every race HAS made a contribution. "america the salad bowl."

and i came in here totally expecting to see that stupid bike video, but lets be honest, they made that black kid look WAYYYYY more suspect than the other guy. straight up hammering away at the lock and all that, i mean id be suspicious of anyone acting like that.

This whole thread has gotten completely derailed. its ridiculous, why i bothered posting... im not really sure. its an endless debate but i thought id toss in my $.02

obama is BARELY black.

internment camps. they happened. my grandparents got stripped from their home, when camps were done with they had absolutely nothing. the same goes for a ton of other asians. id say they made pretty solid strides to overcome that deficit. i see a lot of really dumb comparisons in here and to say such and such race suffered more or less is ridiculous. who are we to judge such a thing? if we wanna talk about who has suffered most recently, then lets puts some dates out. slavery ended in 1865, internment camps were in 1942.
also, the railroad building was definitely, in a sense, slavery because the pay was so negligible. railroads are also among the first steps towards modernization. japan followed this system around the meiji restoration, as did china in their attempt at modernizing some time in the tongzhi restoration. im not going to say that the labor from black slaves is irrelevant (which is definitely not the case), nor will i say its more important than the labor provided by asians because how are we really going to measure that? but i mean, to completely discredit the labor of asians in comparison to blacks is disgusting.
if you want to bring up modern day contribution, then mexicans are certainly amongst the highest. america is a capitalist nation and is also country built on cheap labor. i dont care if the mexicans are flooding in here illegally, the fact is, their labor keeps many small businesses afloat (we could go off on another tangent and discuss walmart and how they ruin the economy, but that is far from the point). coupled with that comes the idea of how much labor is outsourced to other countries. where is the majority of the outsourced labor? you guessed it. asia. so maybe they arent americans, but again, we can see a large contribution from asian nations towards america.

as mentioned before, i dont want to say a certain race suffered more than another, or which one has made the most contributions. i just want to put it out there that every race HAS made a contribution. "america the salad bowl."

and i came in here totally expecting to see that stupid bike video, but lets be honest, they made that black kid look WAYYYYY more suspect than the other guy. straight up hammering away at the lock and all that, i mean id be suspicious of anyone acting like that.

This whole thread has gotten completely derailed. its ridiculous, why i bothered posting... im not really sure. its an endless debate but i thought id toss in my $.02

obama is BARELY black.

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

internment camps.
obama is BARELY black.

a.) Internment camps lasted all of....3 years? noone was owned nor were they regarded as sub-human. People were not beaten, raped, sold and traded. Granted, it was a horrible move, but it was done out of anti-asian world war 2 propaganda......

b.) if obama was born in 1810, he would be a slave.....and not a house $%!+@. He's black enough to have been a slave, boy....#stopit5

i didnt read anything else in this entire post or in your post.

this is a non-argument. Asians comparing WW2 internment camps to the trans-atlantic slave trade?

roll.gif
, okay, guy.

The only other race that has had a comprable american experience maybe the native americans....and that's only because they were almost completely wiped off the face of the planet.

and they still got reparations, although a joke of the idea of reparations, they've gotten official apologies and reparations from the country.

you dudes gotta be playing racial devils advocate in here, and im not finna get banned over this.

good day, sirs.

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

internment camps.
obama is BARELY black.

a.) Internment camps lasted all of....3 years? noone was owned nor were they regarded as sub-human. People were not beaten, raped, sold and traded. Granted, it was a horrible move, but it was done out of anti-asian world war 2 propaganda......

b.) if obama was born in 1810, he would be a slave.....and not a house $%!+@. He's black enough to have been a slave, boy....#stopit5

i didnt read anything else in this entire post or in your post.

this is a non-argument. Asians comparing WW2 internment camps to the trans-atlantic slave trade?

roll.gif
, okay, guy.

The only other race that has had a comprable american experience maybe the native americans....and that's only because they were almost completely wiped off the face of the planet.

and they still got reparations, although a joke of the idea of reparations, they've gotten official apologies and reparations from the country.

you dudes gotta be playing racial devils advocate in here, and im not finna get banned over this.

good day, sirs.

30t6p3b.gif
Man lock this @*%# up.
There were a FEW great contributions in here,but overall these threads bring out the ****** in folks.

30t6p3b.gif
Man lock this @*%# up.
There were a FEW great contributions in here,but overall these threads bring out the ****** in folks.

Back
Top Bottom