Yo NT, Anybody ever chuckle at Lexus ES owners?

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

Originally Posted by Lrrr

It's a Camry with navigation
laugh.gif

Ever laugh at people driving old European cars to front like there balling when in reality all you can afford is a new Hyundai accent
laugh.gif
I see this in california alot. People want to keep upwith this image, so they go cop last generation luxury whips with 100k+ miles on them. Or I see alot of kids, some even my friends spends 3/4s their monthlypaycheck and live at home with moms just to finance that brand new bmw,benz,lex, etc. Alot of people got their hustle so backwards.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

The interior is way nicer, the exterior is way nicer, it drives and handles a lot better, etc.

It's based off the Camry, but it certainly isn't the same.

pimp.gif
interior is so so so butter

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

Originally Posted by Burns1923

There's nothing wrong with either the ES or the Camry. Both are well established as well-made cars.

But let's not kid ourselves that they're barely related. Nearly everything but the aesthetics is the same.

Toyota has never designed the ES/Camry as separate models.

All this reminds me of a woman I used to work with. She had multiple ES's and was virtually convinced they were Rolls-Royces.

If people like ES's and Camry's, that's great. Just don't make them out to be anything they aren't.

The Camry is a basic midsize sedan. The ES is an entry-level luxury car. There's no shame in it. It is what it is.

the new ES doesn't even look like an entry level luxury sedan. although it's about the same price as a 3 series, i'd say it looks a lot more expensive than like a base model 328i. you can't really appreciate it until you sit in it. i wouldn't drive it though, it seems to be targeted to 30+ year olds.

I can't say I'm up on all the details of the current ES. If I'm correct, it remains the lowest-rung on the Lexus ladder. Just as the 3-series isto BMW and the C-Class is to M-B. For me personally, I'd rather position myself to get a higher-end Lexus, BMW, etc. than invest just enough money to"get into the brand." Not knocking owners of the lower-priced models, that's just my preference.

I don't doubt your take on the ES/328i comparison. BMW in 2009 is nothing like BMW of, say, 1995. In my mind, BMW has lost A LOT of sophistication andstatus in the last 10 years at least.

A real shame because I know first hand what it used to be way back when.

i hate this car

the "styling" makes me nauseous. and it's boring. so it's got one thing working for it... budget luxury.

perfect for the geriatrics and those who'd rather think about anything other than driving.

i'd be quite happy if i never saw one again

/rant

Originally Posted by Put em up

That's what im saying, when I was growing up Lexus was Elite in the car industry.

Now people laughing at Lexus?
lexus was only created in da US to fool americans they was getting anything other then a toyota, same wit acura & honda

Originally Posted by jbeezie

Originally Posted by jordan supreme

My dad drives an 08 Lexus ES 350...

it's a fantastic car, incredibly luxurious.

i don't understand why people are hating, i'd like to see what you drive
It's also an overpriced Camry
happy.gif
omg dude, STOP TALKING ABOUT THINGS YOU DONT KNOW.

THE ONLY THING THEY HAVE IN COMMON IS THE DRIVETRAIN, CHASSIS AND ENGINE.
2448f8n.gif

sounds like da same car chief
laugh.gif

this is why if you center your priorities into da PERFORMANCE instead of LOOKS people wouldn't be having these problems.

here's da problem with people...da term "luxury" is a subjective term..what one might consider luxury others might not.

so coppin a car based on how "luxurious" it is and ignoring da enginereeing is basically putting lipstick on a pig.

and if there's ANYTHING that devalues more on a car is its "luxury" components....something that might look pricey now can date HORRIBLY

fast in a decade.

OP I can see where your coming from but the reason why they look alike is because toyota owns lexus and they just base each model off of another and tweek itjust like nissan and infiniti ford n mercury etc

Only dudes I enjoy laughing at are the ricers who ALWAYS want to race because they just installed their loud exhaust.
smh.gif

Who woulda thought calling an ES and overpriced Camry would evoke so much emotion?

Spoiler [+]
I've lost 20 pounds since that video. I like sneakers so %!*% off
smile.gif

Edit-

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

It's a Camry with navigation
laugh.gif

Ever laugh at people driving old European cars to front like there balling when in reality all you can afford is a new Hyundai accent

I'm an unemployed 20 year old college student. I would say I'm doing pretty well for myself even though I cant afford a brand new ES Camry
glasses.gif

Lol, son did that interview like he was about to fight in a heavy weight bout....serious face the whole time...
laugh.gif

I realized some of you will hate on ANYTHING. Not saying an ES is the greatest car out there... but you laugh at them?....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

There's nothing wrong with either the ES or the Camry. Both are well established as well-made cars.

But let's not kid ourselves that they're barely related. Nearly everything but the aesthetics is the same.

Toyota has never designed the ES/Camry as separate models.

All this reminds me of a woman I used to work with. She had multiple ES's and was virtually convinced they were Rolls-Royces.

If people like ES's and Camry's, that's great. Just don't make them out to be anything they aren't.

The Camry is a basic midsize sedan. The ES is an entry-level luxury car. There's no shame in it. It is what it is.

the new ES doesn't even look like an entry level luxury sedan. although it's about the same price as a 3 series, i'd say it looks a lot more expensive than like a base model 328i. you can't really appreciate it until you sit in it. i wouldn't drive it though, it seems to be targeted to 30+ year olds.

I can't say I'm up on all the details of the current ES. If I'm correct, it remains the lowest-rung on the Lexus ladder. Just as the 3-series is to BMW and the C-Class is to M-B. For me personally, I'd rather position myself to get a higher-end Lexus, BMW, etc. than invest just enough money to "get into the brand." Not knocking owners of the lower-priced models, that's just my preference.

I don't doubt your take on the ES/328i comparison. BMW in 2009 is nothing like BMW of, say, 1995. In my mind, BMW has lost A LOT of sophistication and status in the last 10 years at least.

A real shame because I know first hand what it used to be way back when.

Ummm you would rather position yourself to get a higher bmw or Lexus than just getting into the brand? Well your next step is the GS at another 11grand withoutany options which is usually another 15 grand. And if you really want to step your game up you can go another 30k up and get an LS, keep in mind these are justthe base prices and the entry level 3 can set u back up to 45k for the 335 motor
laugh.gif
add in your mortgage, rent, phone bill, cable bills, heat electric, food,the insurance to pay for that car............ but wait thats right I'm in Niketalk world where everyone is making 150k+ there's no recession, and dudespushing 1999 nissan altima's and throwback bmw's (that probably isn't even running or insured)
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

dudes pushing 1999 nissan altima's and throwback bmw's (that probably isn't even running or insured)
laugh.gif
I'm 20 without a job...Of course I cant afford to insure both, in NYC of all places...And an e39 is throwback now?

The ES isn't even Lexus' entry level car, it's the IS.
But seriously, people actually laugh at what people drive?
I guess it is understandable if it is an 86 Civic with a loud exhaust with sticker graphics and 3 foot tall spoilers but a stock car... really?

Back
Top Bottom