Yo NT, Anybody ever chuckle at Lexus ES owners?

Um, that's the point, you are paying the extra money for luxury, otherwise why do Lexus, Infiniti, Acura etc, exist.

For $8k+ you are paying for the "luxury".

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Identical, but I wouldn't spend $6K just to have an "L" on the grill.
diff body lines.
diff interior
diff quality in materials.

I don't own an ES...but I can see why someone would plunk 6K extra if they had the money to do so.
this.

Of course, there are those who buy the entries because they actually like them, which is totally fine and understandable.
and therein lies the problem of pseudo snobs who think they know that the so called "real" reason is that they're ballin on a budget.

Shots fired?

Term it snobbish or any other dismissive adjective but the prevailing wisdom is precisely what you wrote.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Identical, but I wouldn't spend $6K just to have an "L" on the grill.
diff body lines.
diff interior
diff quality in materials.

I don't own an ES...but I can see why someone would plunk 6K extra if they had the money to do so.
Very minor differences for $6K.
Toyota has done a fine job marketing the Lexus brand.

I love Toyotas/Lexus and have been driving them forever (my fam has owned no less then 8 ). With that said, give me a loaded 2009 Avalon Touring over any 4door Lexus lower then a 460.

I've had a 96 ES 300 for three years. I'm not turning heads left and right but I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. I get chuckled at bya few of my friends, but they're also the ones with the FML stories about maintenance and repair costs. As a college student, I'll take reliabilityover looks any day right now...

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

if i take your argument and say i'm gonna laugh at you for buying a 540i which is an overpriced 525i does that make sense? that's basically what you're saying right now, ridiculous.
not the same argument
laugh.gif

somebody doesnt know what theyre talking about

at the end of the day.. you dudes on here are just super salty other people whippin' around lux vehicles, rebadged camry and all..

really though.. did this really need to go 8+ pages?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Originally Posted by NationalTruckerDave

Originally Posted by Diego

Ever been laughed at for lining up for 3 days to get a pair of sneakers?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

son camped out for kicks that didnt even drop tho?
smh.gif
laugh.gif

*CHUCKLES*

Son showed up to Laguardia to play ball with us once
smh.gif
laugh.gif

I hadn't even seen this befor that but when I did I was
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 93SnakedFox

I think he said a 99 Altima and an E39 540. He's talking like he's pushing a 2010 S600....

My swag overwhelms you?
Originally Posted by TheTrapezeSwinger

Originally Posted by ksteezy

what you pushing OP?...

He lives at home with his mom and drives a 2010 Maserati GT old Nissan Altima and an old BMW.
laugh.gif

Once again, I'm a 20 year old unemployed college student...In NYC(>your city)

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Put em up

That's what im saying, when I was growing up Lexus was Elite in the car industry.

Now people laughing at Lexus?
lexus was only created in da US to fool americans they was getting anything other then a toyota, same wit acura & honda

not really they have the same cars in japan they just have a Toyota badge. People over their are not brand $@!$*% like americans
thats what i just said..
laugh.gif

performance >> luxury

how many of yall actually have a more expensive car though that they paid for and not there parents.

i swear kids with nice cars because there parents bought it irks me when they talk ++#% to kids who pay for all there ++#%

Originally Posted by kidposite

if i take your argument and say i'm gonna laugh at you for buying a 540i which is an overpriced 525i does that make sense? that's basically what you're saying right now, ridiculous.
not the same argument
laugh.gif

somebody doesnt know what theyre talking about
yea that somebody is you. i was trying to point out how ridiculous the OP sounded by saying how the ES is the same car as the camry when they aretwo very different cars just like the 540 is very different than a 525.

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

indifferent.gif

540 = V8

525= V6 I6
indifferent.gif
and you obviously missed what i was trying to getat.

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

Originally Posted by Put em up

That's what im saying, when I was growing up Lexus was Elite in the car industry.

Now people laughing at Lexus?
lexus was only created in da US to fool americans they was getting anything other then a toyota, same wit acura & honda

not really they have the same cars in japan they just have a Toyota badge. People over their are not brand $@!$*% like americans
thats what i just said..
laugh.gif

performance >> luxury

Luxury, reliability, better than average resale value, some performance > performance, electrical problems, gangsta depreciation lack luster luxury. I likebenz's, bmw's they make some good cars, but their depreciation is HORRIBLE I.E. they are overpriced, and unreliable. Bmw is a little better thanmercedes but outside of their handling and road feel they don't offer much in terms of luxury, the 7 series which is the brands flagship is for lack ofbetter words @%%% , and says nothing cause everyone and their mother has one. Why? because that car drops 55% of its value within the first 2 years straightsickening.

indifferent.gif
Im starting to hate how condescending this place hasbecome....any lil reason to look down on people.

Originally Posted by JDMEVOIXMR

Anybody ever chuckle at base model 300s and Chargers with big wheels? Theyre POS on top of chrome.

Yes I crack a smile everytime. In 2-3 years their rims will cost more than the cars.

funny this thread got bumped...my dad just got the 2010 ES350 today, minus navi and wow i must say it's an amazing car. so smooth yet plenty of power whenyou need it. i haven't driven a v6 camry and while i'm sure it's similar in terms of speeds but i'm pretty sure how it FEELS when you drive iscompletely different.

we got it in black too and right now it's so sexy because it's still clean and swirl free. honestly, i don't care what other people think, but thisis a great car for the money.

Back
Top Bottom