Why are Black people expected to speak up for other groups? vol. #OscarsSoWhite

Lot of you dudes just don't know anything about anything. Redlining is still alive & well. But sure you can just waltz into a bank & get a loan. You dudes just as bad as the folks that say racism no longer exists bc we have a biracial pres

Damn OP...I was with you until the generalizations lol

I get the point though. I'm seeing a lot of upset people going in about it. Which is silly. Because if I hear a Native American speaking on the struggle of his people, I'm not going to expect them to bring up black people and our struggle.

It's the same with the BLM movement. People don't like when blacks have their own thing if they aren't included.

Fixed

Lot of you dudes just don't know anything about anything. Redlining is still alive & well. But sure you can just waltz into a bank & get a loan. You dudes just as bad as the folks that say racism no longer exists bc we have a biracial pres

Being that nowadays you can basically apply and be pre-approved for most loans over the Internet, with minimal to no facetoface treatment, yes...if your credit score is 800 the color of your skin won't stop a bank from lending you money.

Now due to decades of systemic oppression I understand why is harder for black folks to have good credit scores in the first place.

Not necassarily in the past as the loan process was more face to face in history than now but let's look at capital requirements. Blacks have been in this country for the longest and have the least wealth even tho you can say it's all about credit score even if you have a decent credit score being black usually means your family does not have any form of wealth or funds they can pass to you. A lot of other minoroty group families were able to build businesses during the time were blacks were unable to wether in their homeland or in the United States. There is no natural reason why African Americans are at the bottom of the US. AAs have been in the US as long as some white families but have for the most part no accumulated wealth. We can look at the turmoil from the 20s-60s erasing a lot of wealth that should be in the AA community. Look how many quality inventors there were in the yesteryear and the contributions these people had to American society. Clearly something unnatural is effecting the AA community.
Yeah that totally makes sense and part of this systemic oppression that dates back decades, but in today's society I don't see loan acceptance being determined by the shade of your skin, more like a number and if you are black with an 800 FIcO score, I'm sure no bank will deny you a loan....

With that said I totally understand that while everyone else might have gotten a start at 0, blacks been screwed for decades and started at -100 trying to play catch up and not being able to.
You're ignoring the other factors involved.

I'm pretty sure if I parade around yelling out the N word I'd be classified as ignorant AND a racist, even though me using that word holds no more weight than a black person using any other racial slur, ITS RACISM no matter which way you slice it....yes there are levels to racism and blacks are the only victims of systemic racism, NOONE IS TAKING THAT AWAY....but don't tell me black people CANT be racist, that's a reach.

Well if you did that...

1. You might get your *** whipped

2. The history behind N word is way deeper than any other racial slur.

There are no levels of racism lol. Racism is having the power to discriminate, exclude, make laws against against a group of people. It's that simple.

K.Steezy back in here lecture black people on what it is like to be black. Perfect

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-structures-its-business-to-avoid-minorities/

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/article...debilitating-effect-on-minority-entrepreneurs

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/31/nyregion/hudson-city-bank-settlement.html?_r=0

Telling black people they have to be exceptional as a way to fight back against racist is not fair, it is not just, it is dismissing the systemic issues that lead to black and other minorities getting worst economic and social outcomes.

Yet Steezy continues to routinely peddle this nonsense, like he dropping knowledge :smh:

Last edited:
K.Steezy back in here lecture black people on what it is like to be black. Perfect

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-structures-its-business-to-avoid-minorities/

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/article...debilitating-effect-on-minority-entrepreneurs

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/31/nyregion/hudson-city-bank-settlement.html?_r=0

Telling black people they have to be exceptional as a way to fight back against racist is not fair, it is not just, it is dismissing the systemic issues that lead to black and other minorities getting worst economic and social outcomes.

Yet you routinely peddle this nonsense

Appreciate the info, I'm not telling you guys how or what to do, I just thought being in this informal society we live in, the number on your credit score will be a more defining factor to your loan approval, rather than your skin color....but of course systemic racism exists.

You're ignoring the other factors involved.
What other factors?
Well for one you have to get to the point where you have a credit score over 800. I have tons of family members who have little to no credit because they don't know how to start.

I didn't start building credit until my mid 20s because anytime I applied for a card I was rejected due to there not being enough credit history on me. I didn't know what to do. Didn't know how to move forward. To a lot of people that is extremely discouraging.

Eventually I spoke with an expert and got a secured card. But that took literally months of trying to figure it out. Not everyone has that motivation. Especially when you're more worried about what you'll be eating for dinner.

Credit was never mentioned in my house. My parents didn't know much about credit other than the time they got a credit card and maxed it out because they didn't know how to deal with it. Mainly because they grew up not gaining important tools and experiences that teach you how to navigate in the economic world.

It's not always as easy as building credit and grabbing a loan.

Last edited:
Well if you did that...

1. You might get your *** whipped

2. The history behind N word is way deeper than any other racial slur.

There are no levels of racism lol. Racism is having the power to discriminate, exclude, make laws against against a group of people. It's that simple.

1 you are right
2 you are also right

Still racial slurs are racial slurs, doesn't matter who's spitting them, it's racism....you are verbally attacking someone based on the color of their skin.

Well for one you have to get to the point where you have a credit score over 800. I have tons of family members who have little to no credit because they don't know how to start.

I didn't start building credit until my mid 20s because anytime I applied for a card I was rejected due to there not being enough credit history on me. I didn't know what to do. Didn't know how to move forward. To a lot of people that is extremely discouraging.

Eventually I spoke with an expert and got a secured card. But that took literally months of trying to figure it out. Not everyone has that motivation. Especially when you're more worried about what you'll be eating for dinner.

Credit was never mentioned in my house. My parents didn't know much about credit other than the time they got a credit card and maxed it out because they didn't know how to deal with it. Mainly because they grew up not gaining important tools and experiences that teach you how to navigate in the economic world.

It's not always as easy as building credit and grabbing a loan.

I didn't ignore that....that's basically what I said and why I understand due to the history of this country is much harder for black folks to have or build good credit scores...

Bigot.

JK.
laugh.gif

Yet you routinely peddle this nonsense

Appreciate the info, I'm not telling you guys how or what to do, I just thought being in this informal society we live in, the number on your credit score will be a more defining factor to your loan approval, rather than your skin color....but of course systemic racism exists.

If I make over 100K, have great credit, and money for a down payment

Chances are I will more likely being living in a neighborhood lower income minorities, than around white folk in my own income bracket. LINK

Even after the financial crisis it was found that banks were pushing minorities into riskier loans. Even if some people that qualified for safer ones.

Being exceptional doesn't protect black people from systemic racism and bias. Period

It is not enough to knowledge systemic racism exist, for you to speak about it as often as you do you need to educate better on how it works.

Last edited:
If I make over 100K, have great credit, and money for a down payment

Chances are I will more likely being living in a neighborhood lower income minorities, than around white folk in my own income bracket. LINK

Even after the crisis it was found that banks were pushing minorities info riskier loans. Even some people that qualified for safer ones.

Being exceptional doesn't protect black people from systemic racism and bias. Period

It is not enough to acknowledge systemic racism exists, for you to speak about it as often as you do, you need to be better educated on how it works.

QFE.

Last edited:
I just participate on any hot topic on NT bro, I don't pick and chose my activity, NT just happens to turn 90% of all threads into race threads and I'm just an outspoken NTer, never said I was an encyclopedia of knowledge on all social topics, i don't go around picking race wars bro and regardless of popular belief im far from racist, but Some NTers will believe what they want and I really don't care :lol:

Always appreciate an informative post tho.

Fam you're just willfully ignorant & get upset when we call you on your bs. Told you a while ago stick to talking Jcrew that's literally the only thing you don't sound ignorant at. Social issues, fatherhood etc. just aren't for you to discuss *shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom