The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Not everyone can be Monica Bellucci. I think Errani is the cutest out of all of them. Flavia and Roberta should've used more sunscreen when they were younger.

2015+Open+Champion+Novak+Djokovic+New+York+fYaOTIEwx-Zx.jpg

2015+Open+Champion+Novak+Djokovic+New+York+zRgZIENEGBhx.jpg

Just wanted to share some photos that I was able to snap over the weekend. I got tickets to the mens semi's on Friday. It was my 2nd time in attendance and I had such a blast. The weather was perfect and nothing beats watching primetime professional tennis on a Friday evening in New York City.  It was my first time to see Fed play in person and was definitely thankful that I had the opportunity to watch him play at this level. It was a bummer to see him lose, but Novak definitely deserved the W. More pics to come, hope you guys enjoy them.

View media item 1712264

View media item 1712265

View media item 1712266

View media item 1712267

View media item 1712268

Just wanted to share some photos that I was able to snap over the weekend. I got tickets to the mens semi's on Friday. It was my 2nd time in attendance and I had such a blast. The weather was perfect and nothing beats watching primetime professional tennis on a Friday evening in New York City.  It was my first time to see Fed play in person and was definitely thankful that I had the opportunity to watch him play at this level. It was a bummer to see him lose, but Novak definitely deserved the W. More pics to come, hope you guys enjoy them.

Thank you for sharing. Excellent pictures my dude.

Last edited:
Heard during the broadcast that Martina Hingis won the doubles and mixed doubles championships. Very impressed that she can still win at this level.

Doubles is a different animal from singles but her accomplishments are still impressive. She was always one of the most talented players of all time. She just couldn't keep up with the power.

How dare you TheWindScar31, how dare you. Martina is the consummate lady and professional. That cocaine was strictly for medicinal purposes. Martina wanted to demonstrate to the other players the dangers of cocaine use. Martina is a hero of our time. I hope people will one day realize that her and Nicholas Kyrgios are the best representatives of this sport. I for one applaud her courage for trying cocaine so the other players wouldn't. True courage.

Last edited:
How dare you TheWindScar31, how dare you. Martina is the consummate lady and professional. That cocaine was strictly for medicinal purposes. Martina wanted to demonstrate to the other players the dangers of cocaine use. Martina is a hero of our time. I hope people will one day realize that her and Nicholas Kyrgios are the best representatives of this sport. I for one applaud her courage for trying cocaine so the other players wouldn't. True courage.
Or was it just in her system from kissing all those guys in the nightclubs?  Cross contamination! 

I liked Hingis. She was and still is awesome to me. As previously said, the power of today's gen was too much for her. You know I also like Justine Henin.

I'm glad you got the reference... [emoji]128513[/emoji][emoji]128513[/emoji][emoji]128513[/emoji]

Who do you guys think are some of the low key scumbags in the history of tennis? Players that everyone loved or at least respected but you thought were scumbags. Jim Courier and Jennifer Capriati (post teenage years) are some of my examples.

Last edited:
I liked Hingis. She was and still is awesome to me. As previously said, the power of today's gen was too much for her. You know I also like Justine Henin.

I loved watching Henin play. Her 1HBH was a thing of beauty...especially coming from someone as little as she was.

Who do you guys think are some of the low key scumbags in the history of tennis? Players that everyone loved or at least respected but you thought were scumbags. Jim Courier and Jennifer Capriati (post teenage years) are some of my examples.

Courier definitely hated McEnroe and didn't a give a damn who knew it. Rafter used to give Sampras hell too. Hingis probably still hates Venus & Serena to this day. They went on to be champions while she faded away in a cloud of early retirements and cocaine binges lol. I recently found out about Andy Roddick trying to fight Novak at the US Open in the locker room. I would have paid good money to be a fly on the wall.

I loved watching Henin play. Her 1HBH was a thing of beauty...especially coming from someone as little as she was.

One of my favorite players to watch. Wonder how many majors she would have if she didn't have to retire early. Shame she never won Wimbeldon.

That's an interesting question cuz obviously we didn't have social media (or there Interwebz for that matter!) back then so we got a lot less news on the guys.  It was all in the newspaper or Tennis Magazine... 

Connors comes to mind.  I didn't like Hingis or Hewitt back then... found them both to be quite arrogant and disrespectful.  Tarango had an attitude problem, but not sure he falls under the "players that everyone loved" category.  Rios also came off as a bit of a jerk but was immensely talented.  Not sure if the locker room respected him though.  

Will need to think about this some more. 

Excellent pick with Rios. He rubbed me the wrong way. It made me angry that he was #1 for that short stint without winning a major title. I felt bad that a roided up Korda washed him in that 99 Australian Open but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Random memory: I remember a player who went up against Agassi who kept tossing the ball without hitting it and so this obviously annoyed Agassi to the the point that he would do the same later on lol. I think Agassi would go on to lose the match.

Anyone remember this match at all?

And some other rude player was this one guy named Arazi. Dude kept spitting on the court...disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom