Official 2024 Boxing Thread:Beterbiev vs Bivol 10/12 ESPN+

It'll be 3 years since their first fight by the time he claims he wants a rematch with bivol. And in my opinion, he's only calling for that fight now because he knows beterbiev is going to take years off of bivols career next month.

crawford is a good fighter but he doesn't deserve the canelo fight...

What does he “doesn’t deserve” even mean ? Both fighters at this point have nobody in there weight class that they going to fight and neither is moving down in weight to fight someone.

Is it true Brian Norman turned down a fight with boots?

What does he “doesn’t deserve” even mean ? Both fighters at this point have nobody in there weight class that they going to fight and neither is moving down in weight to fight someone.
That's always the excuse when a fighter is a threat.

It's like someone asking what did RJJ didn't "deserve" to fight James Toney in 94.

Fans have a habit of making excuses for fighters when they don't want to see them lose a fight they believe they should on paper.

I've been saying for years that boots was crawfords toughest fight at 147, long before the spence vs crawford fight. Never once has crawford said "boots doesn't deserve the fight" and has always said the fight doesn't make sense for him business wise which he's right about.

Now, the fact the fact crawford has turki backing him with unlimited money to make the fight and canelo still doesn't want any part of the fight really should make people scratch their head lol. This is the same canelo who fought amir khan isn't it?

Is it true Brian Norman turned down a fight with boots?

your right man... you can say 1 + 1 equals 5 and I agree

As a casual boxing fan seems like it is what it is with Canelo these days, he's gonna do fights that are either ones where the opposition is over matched (Berlanga), step up to be "great" (Bivol) or a money fight like Crawford.

I get why it'd be frustrating for the purists though and of course I want to see him fight Benavidez which seems like a pipe dream at this point.

After the fight with Madrimov, I don’t know if Bud can display anything Canelo hasn’t seen already. He’d step to him for sure, but I don’t know if he can back down a Canelo. Skeptical after what I saw in August. Also, I don’t know if he can take Canelo’s power shots. Especially at 37 years old. Charlo showed us that last year when he tried making that 14 pound jump in weight, that Canelo’s punches hit hard.

I’d be here for the fight, but objectively speaking I think it would favor Nelo.

crawford is a good fighter but he doesn't deserve the canelo fight...
slam-door.gif

Who "deserves" a canelo fight then? you go boy you go boy

^ what I said was prally a bad choice of words...all I'm saying is in my "opinion" I'd rather see canelo fight benavidez and to me that would be a more exciting fight...I just don't see why a crawford and canelo fight should be considered instead of a fight with benavidez

Bro brought up khan vs canelo from 10 years ago, 154/155 vs 147 is a big difference compared to 147 to 168, but I don’t expect t bum fans to be very bright

^ what I said was prally a bad choice of words...all I'm saying is in my "opinion" I'd rather see canelo fight benavidez and to me that would be a more exciting fight...I just don't see why a crawford and canelo fight should be considered instead of a fight with benavidez

The Benavidez fight is being considered… by everyone except Canelo. Fans want that. The promoters want that. Canelo doesn’t want that, therefore it won’t happen. He’s at the stage where he can cherry pick, and the fans will still support it because Canelo’s their guy. They won’t require him to challenge himself because “he doesn’t have anything to prove”.

I don’t believe he fights Bud nor Benavidez at this point.

The Benavidez fight is being considered… by everyone except Canelo. Fans want that. The promoters want that. Canelo doesn’t want that, therefore it won’t happen. He’s at the stage where he can cherry pick, and the fans will still support it because Canelo’s their guy. They won’t require him to challenge himself because “he doesn’t have anything to prove”.

I don’t believe he fights Bud nor Benavidez at this point.
All facts 💯

Haha Floyd taught Canelo very well, not just in their fight, but outside the ring too. If Canelo is a true graduate of the TBE school, he may be waiting for Benavidez to face the winner of Bivol/Beterbiev.

He'll fight either of those three as long as they fight each other first imo. Let them soften each other sort of thing.

Canelo could have fought a greener version of Benavidez and get that W out of the way, like what Floyd did to him. But for was

As for the Bud fight, that fight is too good for Canelo to pass up. That's an easy money fight for Canelo. Bud, of course is a generational talent, but has never set foot at 168 let alone being at nearly 37 years of age. He didn't look like the beast that we're used to seeing in the Madrimov fight. We know what Bud truly wants... If Canelo is kind enough, he gives Bud that retirement check.

Back
Top Bottom