The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Mirka is stressed!
She shouldn't be. She has 2 sets of twins ready to overtake tennis in the near future.

laugh.gif

Those people that yell out when a player is about to serve need to be taken out back and shot.

Shaky first set and missed opportunities to break cost Roger the match. He really needed that one set lead to have any hope.

Still, as poor as he played, Novak was relentless. Not a fan, but he deserves the highest of praise and respect. Definitely in the conversation of GOAT.

@JoeClear

Congrats to your boy. Much deserved and as @illmaticsoulchild and I said before, he's definitely in the convo for GOAT when his career is all done.

The sad part is that we'll just keep getting Fed/Djoko finals when these other dudes should be stepping it up. Stan and them, I'm looking at you.

I think Novak catches Fed in the next 2 years. Both Rafa and Fed will be gone by then. I don't see anybody else stopping him barring some unexplained lapses in concentration.

I think Novak catches Fed in the next 2 years. Both Rafa and Fed will be gone by then. I don't see anybody else stopping him barring some unexplained lapses in concentration.
I wouldn't count Nadal out just yet, especially if he switches up his play.

Djoko definitely has a stranglehold on the game. Can Stan be his next big rival or nah?

Nadal is done. His spirit is broken and Federer's might be after 3 straight finals losses in a slam to this guy.

Last edited:
I'm still convinced that Rafa can still come back on his mental toughness alone. I'm not saying Roger is soft mentally but he does better as a frontrunner.

I'm still convinced that Rafa can still come back on his mental toughness alone. I'm not saying Roger is soft mentally but he does better as a frontrunner.
Agreed, always admired him for that. His style of play is just not good for the long term.

Uncle Toni needs to get him back to the drawing board. Maybe snag an extra coach?

What is that thing that people in the crowd had in their ears is that like a radio or something? It was white and looked like a lanyard

Back
Top Bottom