The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Lol[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] I remember that. Served that Clown right for starting and stopping his serve like that. Disgusting sportsmanship. BG probably cussed Andre out after the match.

Last edited:
Yeah, I dunno if Kucera always had toss issues, but if he did, then 
mean.gif
 @ AA for that...  

Yeah, I dunno if Kucera always had toss issues, but if he did, then :smh:  @ AA for that... 

If I recall, he did have known toss issues because he tossed the ball so high. That was scumbag Andre days.

Last edited:
Had forgotten about the Conchita-Patty incident!  

Now you've got me watching other old controversial points on Youtube! 
laugh.gif

Had forgotten about the Conchita-Patty incident!  

Now you've got me watching other old controversial points on Youtube! :lol:  

I know what you mean. I saw some of the videos and Andre was a bigger scumbag than I remember.

I need to watch some of these videos later.

One funny thing I remember with Andre is I think he fell on the court and the ball somehow went up his shorts. He saw the ballboy approaching and asked if he wanted to get it. Hilarious at the time but then you think about it and it's weird.

I need to watch some of these videos later.

One funny thing I remember with Andre is I think he fell on the court and the ball somehow went up his shorts. He saw the ballboy approaching and asked if he wanted to get it. Hilarious at the time but then you think about it and it's weird.
Funny thing is....I remember this too, but it was Sampras. Unless it happened to Andre as well...

More scumbag moves

:smh::smh::smh::rofl: Dre was a bigger scumbag than I remember. His rant against that lines person was uncalled for. This is why I laughed when people were acting like Scumbag Nicholas did the worst thing in the history of tennis.

laugh.gif
 You leave Andre alone, you hear?!  

But yeah, his temper was pretty bad back then... age made him better, but it's not excuse.  I think with a lot of players, you'll find similar outbursts... having said that, it's not the same as what NK did, IMO.  NK went beyond taking shots at the linespersons and chair ump... he took a personal hit at Stan, TK & Donna... who weren't even there.  What was worse was the "**** shaming" on Donna afterwards which she didn't deserve.  

That's the thing SP. We all know that tennis is a very emotional sport where men and women say and do things that are for all intents and purposes are scumbag moves. My point is that to act like what Nicholas did was by far the worst thing to ever be said or done on the tennis court is a little unfair considering that we have more media coverage than ever before. Does anyone think that Andre would get buried nowadays if he called a female lines person out of her name like he did in 1996? I do, and rightfully so.

I agree that the whole social-media thing does blow things up a lot more nowadays, but I'm looking at the context of the comments.  Had AA said what he said nowadays, he would have been warned, fined, buried by the media, etc... he would have had to make a public apology... I guess similar to what Serena did to Shino a few years ago.  But it was all tennis-related... they were both upset with the call, umpiring, etc.

NK involving TK & Donna made the difference for me. 

Yeah, putting people's personal business and sex habits out in the open like that are messed no matter the decade. Props to stan for having a hot 19 year old though.

It's rare, but it can happen to the best of them... and he had a legitimate gripe... should have been given a 1st serve. 

Last edited:
I always thought capriati looked way better off the court than on. I'd see her in the post match press conferences and be surprised.

All this AA talk... anyone on here ever read "Open"?

The part where he talks about his pops giving him speed pre-match was incredibly sad and ridiculous.

Yep, I have... and you're right... the lengths some parents will go to give their kid an "advantage"... the sad part is, it probably was common back then.  
mean.gif

Hell, I'm sure there are competitive-parents nowadays who will do the same to get an advantage... not speed, but probably other substances. 

Most of the tennis parents throughout history have been less than ideal role models. Andre's dad, Stefano Capriati, Tomic's dad (I still remember when he asked the chair umpire to kick his dad out), Marinko Lucic, Damir Dockic was terrible as well.

^^ To add, Maris Sharapovas Dad. I think I remember he used to hit her or something when she was young. I forgot exactly what it was about. 

Venus is putting boots to a**ses as The Rock would say at Wuhan even with the brief scare today to the girl that beat Halep.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom