The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Not surprising behavior from the NYPD. Tackling someone for a nonviolent crime is pretty ridiculous but I am just glad James wasn't killed. The officer that didn't apologize didn't even tell his superiors what happened after the fact. He thought he was dealing with a regular citizen and it was only after James started talking to the press did he get his apology from the commissioner but of course the police union is crying about this as usual.

Last edited:
James took the high road as usual which I can respect. Too bad the NYPD will keep treating people this way.

Only a high-profile case cuz he's an ex-athlete.  So much of this probably goes down without the cops or department being held accountable for it.  
mean.gif

Bruh Halep is getting dat *** WHOOPED :wow:

If Serena doesn't beat herself today it's going to be an easy semi-final/final finish for her :lol:

I think espn told the commentators / analysts that they have to use the words stress, emotions, history, and grandslam every time they say something. It's been overkill since the first week. Even talking about how facing 2 opponents she's never lost to before adds to her stress.

The crowd is so wishy washy with who they support :lol:. Good recovery from Serena after dropping 2 straight games
Now she drops the next one :lol:.

Need to see her get rhythm back

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom