The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Salty but Serena been playing with fire so it was bound to happen. Didn't think it would be this close though

Last edited:
Just goes to show how tough the Grand Slam really is. 
Great point, but in many ways Serena has dodged a ton of bullets just to get this far.

I 've been following Fed's career since he won in Wimby 2003 and as disappointed as I am that he won't get to 20 GS's, there were so many GS matches that he could have easily lost.

Last edited:
@SinnerP got real talkative about Serena all of a sudden (I kid, I kid).
laugh.gif

Last edited:
At the end of the day, if you would've told me she would win 3 slams this year after struggling last year, I wouldn't believe you.

It's all good. Dudes said she was done in 2012 after the first round exit in the French. I'll never forget this ****.

Serena will bounce back. May not get the calendar slam but she'll pass stephy next year and that's all I care about.

To be honest, if she was this nervous against Vinci, Flavia would've won the match tomorrow. Serena needed to have a Wimbledon like draw of Maria, Vika and Venus to get her mentally ready because she wasn't sharp in any match she played at this US Open. Q

Ol' QWERTY Bastard ‏@TheDiLLon1 · 30m30 minutes ago
Drake absorbs the winning potential of those around him for himself. Like a success succubus.

Succuccess. Successubus...

:rofl:

History making bad luck guy. First UK & now this, keep him far away from your teams/rooting interests, Aubrey is doom personified.

I'm obviously shocked about the lost, but when you think about how much of a challenge Henin was for Serena, it makes sense that someone with a one-handed backhand would be the one to end the run. All that experience playing doubles definitely helped, too... All credit goes to Vinci. She finally realized something that's been said many times before: Serena's isn't great at the net.

I bet Steffi glad she didn't leave the house now.
laugh.gif

From Twitter a little while ago...

Drake been winning too much lately

He knew an L was coming, so he made Serena catch it for him

6 God work in mysterious ways

Last edited:
:x @ cop's tackle.

Much respect to James Blake. He stayed calm. Most guys would have fought back or something.

Saw a picture of the suspect guy. Strong resemblance though.

Back
Top Bottom