The OFFICIAL Powerball and Megamillions thread:

You have professional athletes who have gone broke not long after they retire. What chance does an average person who didn't earn the money have? It doesn't hold the same value. Then, you also won't hold much value in whatever you buy. Best options are to enjoy the ride and know it's going to end. Option 2, help people. 3, go the no lose route and opt for installments.

Bruh you are assuming pro athletes are intelligent?

If i won all that money i would just make sure i remained anonymous. Stash away $100M buy property/start a business and give a bunch away

This man had the best answer for what he would do if he won $500 million 

not sure how to post video.. but here is a link.

Id start a church
Turn 500 mil into 2 billion

Like olsteen, or td jakes

Be a holy motivational speaker

New to this since no one won today when's the next last day I got to buy some tickets?,

I still think there's a system that recognizes all combinations played and registers a combination that hasn't been chosen. I literally couldn't imagine winning this type of money. I thought I won 500 from a scratch off and damn near had a heart attack.

I'd most likely die from a heart attack induced by unreal amounts of cocaine and sex within the first month.

Part of me hopes I don't win :smh:

Last edited:
I wouldn't eem claim the ticket right away.

I'd lock it in a safe, let NO ONE know (ok, maybe my mom so she could quit working), go completely ghost & begin to work towards not being a lottery winner statistic.

I want to be apart of the other category of people... The one where the rich get richer :pimp:

Bruh if no one hits Saturday it could hit a billion. They need to show the person just so I know this ish is real life.

I would put $100MM in VTSAX and just let it sit there. Pay off all of my debt, buy a house outright, take care of my family, and buy 10 multifamilies.

Bruh if no one hits Saturday it could hit a billion. They need to show the person just so I know this ish is real life.

Most states out the person. Only a handful allow got anonymity which I think is BS.

Folks should have their privacy.

On some real
If I win
Buying me a house out here and one in SoCal
But my girls parents a house
My mom a house
My sister a house
My kids bm house cause even though I don't really like her ***
I want my kids to be comfortable when they visit her
Buy me 3 cars
Throw a fat *** party and invite Nters
And then just chill and invest the rest
I would keep my job
Just cause my benefits are good
And my girl to keep hers cause hers are good as well
Tryna figure if I should buy some for sat drawing
Or just wait for wed drawing

If I won though
I'm not sure I would take the lump sum
Depends on how much I get after taxes
I think I would just want it paid out to me
And if I die just have it continue to pay out to my kids and their families

If I won though
I'm not sure I would take the lump sum
Depends on how much I get after taxes
I think I would just want it paid out to me
And if I die just have it continue to pay out to my kids and their families
I believe when you die the payout stops, which is why people take the lump sum.

Last edited:
Nah I thought it can pass on to kids

[h2]Annuity vs Cash Option[/h2]
Lottery winners have two options for payment: cash or annuity. With the cash option, winners receive all their payments up front. This amount will be less than the publicized jackpot amount but equal to the amount available in the jackpot prize pool. Winners who receive their winnings up front can determine how those winnings are distributed upon their death. With the annuity option, winners receive payments over a period of 30 years. The sum of all payments will equal the publicized prize pool. This option allows winners a continuous income source for decades.

[h2]Beneficiary[/h2]
Depending on the rules of your state, you may elect to choose a beneficiary to receive the remaining payments of your prize. Unfortunately, most states only allow for one beneficiary to be named, which can pose problems if you have more than one heir you wish to bequeath assets to. Check with the rules of your state lottery commission to review your beneficiary options. If they only allow for one beneficiary to be named and you have multiple heirs, consider forgoing this option in favor of payments made directly to your estate.

[h2]Your Estate[/h2]
If no beneficiary was chosen, your winnings would be sent to your estate for distribution to your heirs. If you have not made final arrangements and don't leave a will, the state will distribute those assets according to the law. Each state has a different way to process estates with and without a will. Consult an estate planning attorney in your area to thoroughly discuss what you need to do to guarantee that your final wishes are carried out.

[h2]Taxes[/h2]
All lottery winnings are taxed by the state and federal governments. As the winner, you are responsible for filing and paying those taxes. Upon your death, your estate and beneficiaries will be responsible for those taxes. Your beneficiaries also may be responsible for inheritance taxes of up to 40 percent, depending on the total size of your estate. Discuss your estate planning options with a certified financial planner who specializes in inheritance issues.
I'd still rather have the lump sum payout, 700MM is worth more today than it is tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom