The OFFICIAL Powerball and Megamillions thread:

Bought a ticket back on Monday. Lost obviously, but I read about this power play and still winning a million or two. Can anyone school me on this whole lottery thing?

Bought a ticket back on Monday. Lost obviously, but I read about this power play and still winning a million or two. Can anyone school me on this whole lottery thing?

if you hit the 5 non powerball numbers you get $1million. if you play with the multiplier, you get $2million

powerball.com has all the payouts depending on how many numbers you matched.

I sound mad dumb for asking this... But where does one store all this money? I'm sure you can't have 800m just sitting in checking account.

Like where does the Floyd Mayweathers and Bill Gates of the world keep their money? Invest it all in the stock market ?

I sound mad dumb for asking this... But where does one store all this money? I'm sure you can't have 800m just sitting in checking account.

Like where does the Floyd Mayweathers and Bill Gates of the world keep their money? Invest it all in the stock market ?

Multiple checking accounts FDIC is only gonna insure is 250,000(i think)

Off shore accounts, and of course safes, burried and mattresses.

Last edited:
Stay put and buy an affordable house for me and my family. As nice as it would be to live in a mansion, I don't want to pay the upkeep and whatever expenses to maintain the home.

Most I'd go is $1.5mil.

Or I'd go less and buy a fixer upper.

Ive been tempted in buying some tickets...But there's something that telling me not to waste my time...I think it's the fact I won't win lol.

I was talking about this last night with a pretty wealthy friend of mine. He literally said "don't buy so much house that you don't know what to do with it all." Housing prices around here are OD, but you can get a hell of a house for $3-$5 million. I wouldn't go above $5 million, probably. Then, buy a couple modest places around the country in places I like to visit/vacation. I just don't need more than that.

All that being said, I've never bought a lottery ticket in my life and never will, but it's a fun hypothetical to talk about with people who actually have money.

Stocks, bonds, mutual funds, banks, real estate assets, Swiss bank accounts, businesses.

Like chances are your not gonna need most of the money. So why not open a few fast food franchises and buy some properties and rent them out. Have that money make money for you

Last edited:
if a NTer wins, he/she better bless us.

im buying every NTer that follows me on IG anything they want up to $9,999 USD.

I was talking about this last night with a pretty wealthy friend of mine. He literally said "don't buy so much house that you don't know what to do with it all." Housing prices around here are OD, but you can get a hell of a house for $3-$5 million. I wouldn't go above $5 million, probably. Then, buy a couple modest places around the country in places I like to visit/vacation. I just don't need more than that.

All that being said, I've never bought a lottery ticket in my life and never will, but it's a fun hypothetical to talk about with people who actually have money.
Yeah, it definitely is fun to talk about it.

I also wouldn't go all out on a car either. A nice SUV for the family and a daily for me and my wife. Don't need a car that I can only drive 3x a year.

You would end up with about $280-300 million in California after taxes

Would spend $15 milli on homes and 2 or 3 milli on cars first week :smokin

You would end up with about $280-300 million in California after taxes

Would spend $15 milli on homes and 2 or 3 milli on cars first week
smokin.gif
That's perfectly fine for me.

I'd be set.

:pimp: @ having no state taxes.

Can you buy a Footlocker franchise? I'd rather be my own boss than keep working in one.

Hit 3 on my last powerball quick pick. Bout to go play $20 more for Saturday's drawing [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

if i win i gonna buy a Mercedes Benz CLK GTR Supersport coupe & roadster, Lexus LFA and a Mercedes Benz CL65 Mansory

and a $38 million villa at Victoria Peak in Hong Kong with the night view above

View media item 1861147

if i win i gonna buy a Mercedes Benz CLK GTR Supersport coupe & roadster, Lexus LFA and a Mercedes Benz CL65 Mansory
and a $38 million villa at Victoria Peak in Hong Kong with the night view above
why? I'll never drive ... that's what chauffeurs are for. The 38m villa .. hmmmm .. I don't think I can't justify 38m on a place that I can't see myself living for more than 2 to 3 months at a time. I rather stay over a luxurious hotel with all the amenities included.

You thinking small man ...

why? I'll never drive ... that's what chauffeurs are for. The 38m villa .. hmmmm .. I don't think I can't justify 38m on a place that I can't see myself living for more than 2 to 3 months at a time. I rather stay over a luxurious hotel with all the amenities included.

You thinking small man ...
and i dont think small you're just lazy man
laugh.gif
i actually like to cruise around in my car, i dont need a chauffeur, and if i have the money to buy that villa i will gonna live there the rest of my life, Hong Kong is my real home and where my roots are not the crappy a.ss netherlands what now is flooded with poor migrants from the middle east that are sucking out our tax money from the hard working peeps and sexually harrasing (caucasian) women
mean.gif

mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom