THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 1 - 1 Next game 9/22 vs. Ravens

I hate coaching changes, but coaching lost us that game.
If we can't get a playoff win next season, JG has to go.
He's not the guy to get us over the hump.

I would say we do have some pieces on defense...

We were actually ranked the # 1 Secondary in the NFL by PFF a week ago

1. Dallas Cowboys (Rank entering Week 7: 4)
Top overall grade: S Barry Church, 86.2 (No. 9 among safeties)

Top coverage grade: CB Morris Claiborne, 85.1 (No. 12 among CBs)

Top run-defense grade: S Barry Church, 86.0 (No. 11)

Most snaps: CB Brandon Carr, 1,013

One of the biggest reasons for the Cowboys’ success this season has been the turnaround of the secondary. After having just one defensive back with an above-average coverage grade last season, all eight players with at least 100 snaps in 2016 earned average or above-average overall and coverage grades. Although they lack an elite-caliber player, this group has played consistently well as a unit. Byron Jones, Barry Church, Morris Claiborne, and J.J. Wilcox have all earned career-high overall and coverage grades this season, while rookie Anthony Brown has played well down the stretch in Claiborne’s absence.

If I had my choice, this is what I'd run with on defense
DE: ??? - Lawrence - Irving (re-sign) - Mayowa
DT: ??? - T. Crawford - Collins - ???
WILL: Lee - Wilson
Mike: Jaylon Smith - ???
SAM: ??? - Wilbur
*Anthony Hitchens would be rotating in on all 3 positions

Strong Side CB: ???? - Scandrick
Weakside CB: Claiborne (re-sign) - Brown
Slot CB: Scandrick

Strong Safety on the TE: Byron

Free Safety: ???

1. 2 Pass Rushers
2. # 1 Corner on the Strong Side
3. Depth
4. Free Safety
5. SAM

Lol do they play like the number 1 rated unit?

A lot of that is on the d line inability to get pressure. ^^
Ppl are bound to get open being in coverage for that long.

The secondary was very good up until Mo got hurt...they were clearly the strength of the D...

It didn't lead to gaudy interception numbers, ill admit...but there was some stellar play from Mo and church this year...

Wilcox was even affective and heath made plays down the stretch..

I still think we need a true playmaker in the secondary...but you gotta give credit where its due, for a traditionally weak unit on this team they really stepped it up a notch this year and it showed...

that's with scan never really looking like himself and starting a 6th round rookie alot

So is everyone on the re-sign Moe C bandwagon? 
nerd.gif

Yea...I say another 1 year deal..dude can't stay on the field...

I was impressed by his start tho..up until his injury he was aggressive and swatting balls...

One year deal or nothing at all.

Dare I say that I'm starting to have a little faith in Jerry'a judgment when it comes to drafting players, though Will Mclay probably deserves more of the credit. But who would have thought Anthony Brown would have stepped in so well. For a 6th round rookie he played extremely well.

Again, we fix the pass rush and we can live with average-at-best CBs.

On a side note, not sure if you guys were aware but after the game a tornado came through and everyone was required to seek shelter. Many, including some of the players, could not leave the stadium. I guess at the time someone said "these are Gods tears upset his team lost" :lol: . Another reason why people hate the boys so much :lol:

Last edited:
Broadus said Mo and Byron Jones played their worse games of the year ....this should include Brandon Carr who was avoiding tackles all game.

Also Tyron had his worse game on Sunday as well. Free was his usual bad self.

The fact that Zeke only touched the ball 22 times is ridiculous especially since we got got cute on short yardage and the red zone plays.

Team simply wasn't prepared ...biggest games of your professional lives, yet played the worse than you played all year says something about the coaching.

The playcalling on both sides of the ball was atrocious. :smh:

Last edited:
One year deal or nothing at all.

Dare I say that I'm starting to have a little faith in Jerry'a judgment when it comes to drafting players, though Will Mclay probably deserves more of the credit. But who would have thought Anthony Brown would have stepped in so well. For a 6th round rookie he played extremely well.

On a side note, not sure if you guys were aware but after the game a tornado came through and everyone was required to seek shelter. Many, including some of the players, could not leave the stadium. I guess at the time someone said "these are Gods tears upset his team lost" :lol: . Another reason why people hate the boys so much :lol:

Yeah man the weather around DFW is bipolar this time of year. The tornado formed just south of where I stay and passed through a few miles east. Pretty scary.

Welcome to Texas. :lol:
The weather here in Dallas can never make up its mind.

The fact that we weren't prepared and still made this a game coming down to a last second field goal says A LOT.

Broadus said Mo and Byron Jones played their worse games of the year ....this should include Brandon Carr who was avoiding tackles all game.

Also Tyron had his worse game on Sunday as well. Free was his usual bad self.

The fact that Zeke only touched the ball 22 times is ridiculous especially since we got got cute on short yardage and the red zone plays.

Team simply wasn't prepared ...biggest games of your professional lives, yet played the worse than you played all year says something about the coaching.

The playcalling on both sides of the ball was atrocious. :smh:

I agree with all of this. It's time to clean house. Fire Garrett too for not stepping in and making Linehan call more running plays and making Marinelli blitz.

As head coach he needs to step in when his coordinators are not doing their jobs.

Clean house, this coaching staff doesn't have what it takes.

Im straight on bringing Mo back. Dont want to bring someone back who is only going to be playing 9 games a year.

I agree with all of this. It's time to clean house. Fire Garrett too for not stepping in and making Linehan call more running plays and making Marinelli blitz.

As head coach he needs to step in when his coordinators are not doing their jobs.

I say give everyone 1 more season to prove themselves.
After that, GET EM THE **** OUTTA HERE!

I agree, let this team gel a bit. They just didn't have that same confidence on defense we've seen all year. I was very surprised at out defense this year.

Yall overreacting on firing Garrett. Teams always changing coaches are teams that dont win consistently. I guess Carr will be underappreciated until someone comes in here that gets torched every game. I dont mind bringing Mo back on a one year deal but Carr never missed a game and was way more solid than people are giving him credit for.

I say give everyone 1 more season to prove themselves.
After that, GET EM THE **** OUTTA HERE!
Agree with this. If it's one and done again next season then it's time to move on. 7.5 seasons is more than enough. But I seriously doubt Jerry will ever fire his "Yes Man"

Yall overreacting on firing Garrett. Teams always changing coaches are teams that dont win consistently. I guess Carr will be underappreciated until someone comes in here that gets torched every game. I dont mind bringing Mo back on a one year deal but Carr never missed a game and was way more solid than people are giving him credit for.

Was Green Bay the better team in 2014 and 2016?

Have we already forgotten how a one legged Rodgers sat back with no pressure and picked the defense apart.

Jason Garregt may be the modern day Marty Schottonheimer if this continues.

If Garrett continues to win the division and have great regular season success but gets bounced in the post season consistently, I don't know how you don't consider getting rid of him.

Back
Top Bottom