THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 1 - 1 Next game 9/22 vs. Ravens

AJ Bouye would be a nice fit, as well as Melvin Ingram. Not sure if it's financial possible tho.

I trust the process but it's time for the Jones family to dip into that oil money and get us a defense.

The Cedric Thornton and Benson Mayowa type of moves aren't getting us over the top, especially if we're expecting those guys to be starters :smh:

13-3

home field advantage

leading rusher in the game

record setting rookie quarterback

best offensive line in the game

unstoppable receiving core

smart consistent defensive play throughout the season

#1 defense against the run

#5 defense in points per game allowed

top 5 punter and top 3 field goal kicker in the league

5 players selected All Pro including the rookie QB and league leading rookie RB

Total waste of a great season 
mad.gif

mean.gif

13-3
home field advantage

Total waste of a great season >:  :smh:  

And everyone healthy, that may not happen next year.

The worst part about it is that it doesn't matter if we go 16-0 next year during the regular season, it will still be one and done with this coaching staff in the playoffs.

It still feels like a nightmare that they really went into the game with a gameplan of - Dak, we want you to carry the team by outplaying a future Hall of Famer in Aaron Rodgers, while rushing 3 men with a worthless spy against Green Bay.

Unless there are big changes to coaching, it will be a waste of Dak and Zeke's careers in Dallas.

I really don't see the NFC East being good next year.

While this may seem like a wasted season, people need to put things in perspective. Absolutely no one picked us to do major damage this year and the predictions of 4-8 wins max were in full force after Romo went down. McClain, Gregory, and DLaw all getting suspended also tempered expectations. We were all hoping Dak would be 3-4/4-3 at best and hopefully Romo would salvage the season. We were critical of Zeke, especially in the opening game, when he was outplayed by Alfred Morris.

Expectations didn't become much higher until after winning 11 in a row. What we failed to realize is that this team was being led by rookies, one of which was drafted in the 4th round. While coaching cost us the game last week IMO, Cowboys fans have to be excited for at least the next 4 years. We aren't spending big in FA and finding many gems (minus the second round) in the draft. Part of it is we've finally developed an identity and we can draft based on this mindset as opposed to the past when we'd overspend in FA or move up in the draft for players that didn't necessarily match our scheme. Carr and Mo mostly played man, not this Tampa 2 scheme we run here. We wasted years getting them accustomed to a style they didn't really play.

In regards to injuries and health, I think how good we were made people forget the significant amount of injuries we did endure throughout the year. The Cowboys were just good enough to overcome them. For starters, our top 5 QB went down. Our number one playmaker went down. Tyron also played with back issues all season, and missed a few games, the GB game included. Our starting LG was injured, though Leary is currently better IMO. Many of Zekes big runs were a result of good blocking in jumbo packages with Swaim who went down mid season. Claiborne was playing his best football and went down. DLaw missed the first 4 games. Scandrick missed games and wasn't healthy most of the season. I could go on. Point is, we actually weren't all that healthy but our backups played well. The backups played well because again, I believe we have an identity on both sides and the players we've acquired fit that identity, so we didn't miss a beat when players went down.

I know everyone probably feels like we should be playing today but you have to realize a rookie hasn't won a SB for a reason. By no means am I coming close to blaming this loss on Dak; he played as good of a game as he could, technically outplayed Rodgers with a better stat line. With that being said, the coaches will be able to open things up (hopefully) next year in his sophomore year.

Nothing is guaranteed and many like to point to the fact that in the past, the Cowboys haven't had good rebound seasons. I'm expecting a year similar to the steelers 2005 season after Big Ben's rookie year of going 13-3 and going 11-5 next year. People point to 2008 as evidence of us regressing. How soon we forget we started off 4-1 that season and Romo broke his finger and missed 3 games and we were still 1 win away from the playoffs. People point to 2015. We started off 2-0 and Romo missed the next 7 games. Even still because of how terrible the division was, we were only two games out of contention.

This transition is more like the 1991-1992 seasons to me rather than 2007-2008 and 2014-2015.

Most rookie QBs that start are usually on awful teams, and most awful teams don't get to the Super Bowl.

Dak was good enough this year to win a Super Bowl but not good enough to win a Super Bowl entirely on his arm throwing 38 pass attempts a game. Only a few QBs are that good,and they will be in the Hall of Fame.

Which is why we can't be too upset. Russell Wilson had a good team his rookie year. Got bounced in the same round. Following two years? Two SB appearances and what should have been two rings.

I'm not worried. And the offseason goes by so damn fast.

And on a side note, just found out me and my boys heading back to Miami memorial weekend this year :smokin

If prior to the game, we knew that we would call 40+ pass plays to 22 run plays, remember some pass plays Dak ran the ball, and we would rush 3 men on defense and not pressure Aaron Rodgers, I would have bet my life savings on Green Bay winning.

Last edited:
13-3
home field advantage

Total waste of a great season >:  :smh:  

And everyone healthy, that may not happen next year.

The worst part about it is that it doesn't matter if we go 16-0 next year during the regular season, it will still be one and done with this coaching staff in the playoffs.

Unless there are big changes to coaching, it will be a waste of Dak and Zeke's careers in Dallas.

Bruh... chill :lol:

At the same time Zeke had over 100 rushing, Dak had a QB rating over 100 with 3 TDs, Dez had over 100 yards receiving and 2 Tds. Just looking at that alone I would have said we blew GB out. I don't like to blame officiating but our calls came at the worst times and were complete momentum killers, especially the Butler call which was a 37 yard penalty in itself.

We dont play in the AFC East, and there won't be another Herschel Walker trade.

Yall can keep waiting for a miracle to happen.

I'm finding something else to do with my time on Sundays.

@cguy610  bro PM me when we win the NFC Championship game.

I'll be sure to keep my notifications turned on.

I'm still blaming you MPire lol, just messing around.
I agree, when I'm not able to watch a game ill text a friend and ask: what's the score, time in the game and who has he momentum. Greenbay had it early due to a slow start by the D and missed opportunities and penalty calls. Once we got the momentum we were hard to stop.

At the same time Zeke had over 100 rushing, Dak had a QB rating over 100 with 3 TDs, Dez had over 100 yards receiving and 2 Tds. Just looking at that alone I would have said we blew GB out. I don't like to blame officiating but our calls came at the worst times and were complete momentum killers, especially the Butler call which was a 37 yard penalty in itself.

The Butler call was one of the worst calls I have ever seen in a playoff game, except for maybe that tuck rule stuff.

I'm still blaming you MPire lol, just messing around.
I agree, when I'm not able to watch a game ill text a friend and ask: what's the score, time in the game and who has he momentum. Greenbay had it early due to a slow start by the D and missed opportunities and penalty calls. Once we got the momentum we were hard to stop.

Seriously the loss only hurt me at the time because I kept defending my stance in going to the game and being a real life jinx :lol: everyone kept saying "stay the **** home" "watch it at a bar" etc and I'm like "nah the jinx gets broken today" :lol: . I'll continue to go to regular season games but may stay away from the playoffs :lol:

In regards to the Butler call, what makes it suspect is that it seemed premeditated. On top of which, it got called after we made a 18 yard or so completion.

Also read a stat that GB's oline hasn't been called for holding in their playoff games they've played in the last 3 years.

Packers oline has only 1 1st rounder in Buluga, the rest are 3 4th rounders and someone undrafted. Props to their oline coach I guess.

Last edited:
This T. Will resign stuff isn't that hard. Look at ever team in the NFL and see where T Will ranks amongst #2 receivers and the answer should be an easy one.

Carr and Claiborne combined for 1 INT each the whole season! That is beyond terrible..... you telling me a rookie CB couldn't play better than Carr or Claiborne?

The case for Carr is his leadership and reliability as he' hasn't missed a game in his cowboy or KC career. I'm not for bringing him of Glasbourne back though. Roll with Scandrick, Brown, move jones to CB, resign Wilcox have Heath start (he's improved) let Church walk. I also have faith Frazier will be better next year at safety.

The case for Carr is his leadership and reliability as he' hasn't missed a game in his cowboy or KC career. I'm not for bringing him of Glasbourne back though. Roll with Scandrick, Brown, move jones to CB, resign Wilcox have Heath start (he's improved) let Church walk. I also have faith Frazier will be better next year at safety.

You wanna move Jones byke to Corner? Can't say I agree there fam. I've personally always been cool with Carr for the things you referenced but he can't be our #1 corner going forward, he never capatilzes on INT opportunities and he doesn't have the speed to keep up with dudes when they run the drag/crossing routes. Really hoping Ant Brown shows-up next year and isn't a fluke. [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Atlanta isnt rushing 3 lineman and playing prevent defense. That's why they will be playing in the Super Bowl.

Crosby shanking that petty 40 yarder had me salty as hell :smh:

Last edited:
Insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.... if for some reason Clairborne and Carr are our starting CBs next year we can expect to have the SAME or WORST defensive production. At least adding some new faces can give us hope that our defensive can get better. IMO The Rookie CB Brown was our most consistent CB.. not sure why it's so Farfetch of drafting a rookie lockdown back?

Marlon Humphrey**, CB, Alabama. Height: 6-1. ...
Quincy Wilson*, CB, Florida. Height: 6-1. ...
Marshon Lattimore**, CB, Ohio State. Height: 6-0. ...
Adoree' Jackson*, CB, USC. Height: 5-11. ...
Sidney Jones*, CB, Washington. Height: 6-0. ...
Gareon Conley*, CB, Ohio State. Height: 6-0. ...
Jalen Tabor*, CB, Florida. ...
Desmond King, CB, Iowa.

Any of these guys would instantly improve our defense and would be cheaper than resigning any off our subpar secondary.

Draft them under a rookie contract if they suck cut them after the contract runs out. But since Jerry signed Claiborne and Carr under Huge contracts he has to save face.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom