THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 1 - 1 Next game 9/22 vs. Ravens

Yall overreacting on firing Garrett. Teams always changing coaches are teams that dont win consistently. I guess Carr will be underappreciated until someone comes in here that gets torched every game. I dont mind bringing Mo back on a one year deal but Carr never missed a game and was way more solid than people are giving him credit for.

I too have always thought Carr was under appreciated but in two of our biggest games (@ NY / last Sunday) he didn't even look average.

Yall overreacting on firing Garrett. Teams always changing coaches are teams that dont win consistently. I guess Carr will be underappreciated until someone comes in here that gets torched every game. I dont mind bringing Mo back on a one year deal but Carr never missed a game and was way more solid than people are giving him credit for.

Was Green Bay the better team in 2014 and 2016?

Alonzo gif.

Last edited:
Carr is not under appreciated ....he's only consistent by always being injury free so he's gonna play in every game ...hell i believe he played in every defensive snap this year.

Carr is the reason that Jared Cook was open on that 35 yard catch, not Byron Jones as his job was to play underneath and Carr went too deep in the zone- instead of playing Cook at 16 yards he took him to 21 yards and Rodgers saw it and took advantage of it.

Another thing is that I've never seen a QB count the the players on the field of the opposing team, Rodgers is cerebral and we have to figure out a better way to sub defensive players in and out of the game.

Last edited:
Regarding firing Garrett, in not sure I would although it is his responsibility to get this team prepared but every time we get a bye, we come out flat and un focused.

I would mos def consider firing Linehan or Marinelli or both.

I didnt totally let him off the hook, but to fire after the season we just had doesnt make sense.

Here’s the complete list of impending free agents below.

Unrestricted:
QB Kellen Moore
QB Mark Sanchez
RB Lance Dunbar
RB Darren McFadden
WR Brice Butler
WR Terrance Williams
TE Gavin Escobar
G Jonathan Cooper
G Ronald Leary
DT Richard Ash
DT Jack Crawford
DE Ryan Davis
DT Terrell McClain
LB Andrew Gachkar
LB Justin Durant
LB Rolando McClain
CB Brandon Carr
S Barry Church
CB Morris Claiborne
S J.J. Wilcox
Exclusive Rights:
DE David Irving

I didnt totally let him off the hook, but to fire after the season we just had doesnt make sense.

Here’s the complete list of impending free agents below.

Unrestricted:
QB Kellen Moore
QB Mark Sanchez
RB Lance Dunbar
RB Darren McFadden
WR Brice Butler
WR Terrance Williams
TE Gavin Escobar
G Jonathan Cooper
G Ronald Leary
DT Richard Ash
DT Jack Crawford
DE Ryan Davis
DT Terrell McClain
LB Andrew Gachkar
LB Justin Durant
LB Rolando McClain
CB Brandon Carr
S Barry Church
CB Morris Claiborne
S J.J. Wilcox

Exclusive Rights:
DE David Irving
Bolded need to come back.... Leary will get paid elsewhere but if we find a way to keep him and move Collins to right guard (Martin dominant RT)

I would hate it and be completely disgusted if it happened, but A.J. Bouye would be the perfect signing to pretty much replacing any one of their current starting CBs.

I trust Stephen (not Jerry) and his philosophy of building through the draft.

No free agent big "splashes." We can free up to 60 mill and the cap is going up with restructures of Frederick, free and Dez (although I wouldn't do dez since he may not be here until the end of his contract).

Our offense can continue to be our defense and hopefully next year Garrett has these boys better prepared.

My view of our Free Agents

Should be re-signed:
CB Morris Claiborne (Deserves to come back, not durable, but he was our best defensive player when he was out there.
DE David Irving (Has some break out games this season)
RB Lance Dunbar (Great Pass Catching RB, and will be cheap)
WR Brice Butler (Cheap 4th WR)
G Jonathan Cooper (Cheap, hope to fix what has been a disappointing career so far)

Depending on Price:
S Barry Church
S J.J. Wilcox
WR Terrance Williams
*Truthfully, would like to see if there's something we can do better next to Byron at FS spot.

If we still need depth:
DT Terrell McClain
TE Gavin Escobar
LB Justin Durant

Lombardi was on Bill Simmons podcast today and he was dumbfounded why Zeke didn't get 30+ carries with GB running nickel all game :x

Our offense can continue to be our defense and hopefully next year Garrett has these boys better prepared.

+Insert Michael from the office gif+ Hell na!

im so tired of this. we got a good thing on offense, great, but its time to sure up the defense.

1. He always uses his body to catch. He's been doing that since his days at Baylor. NO HANDS and not changing.
2. His football IQ definitely in the best. Awareness on 0. This makes him a liability.
3. There are better options out there for what he's going to ask for. Unless he's going to work with the front office, let his *** go.
Willing to keep him, but only for the right price.

Last edited:
1. He always uses his body to catch. He's been doing that since his days at Baylor. NO HANDS and not changing.
2. His football IQ definitely in the best. Awareness on 0. This makes him a liability.
3. There are better options out there for what he's going to ask for. Unless he's going to work with the front office, let his *** go.
Willing to keep him, but only for the right price.
He also never drops balls regardless of not using his hands 

What's wrong with his football IQ? Outside of that 1 play against NY what has he messed up on?

Obviously if he wants a bunch of money we have to move on but I think he's worth a conservative effort to keep 

He had a huge drop in the 1st half last Sunday. He cleaned it up a bit this season, but that's cause Dak didn't force him the ball.
Going back previous seasons, he's definitely dropped balls due to using his body. If he's going to be out #2 deep threat guy, he needs to be able to use his hands.

I know **** happens, but that play was soooo basic. For that reason, we had to hear it from Giants fans all season how they own us. #StillSalty

If the price is right, we keep him but there are soooo many guys that can come in and give us what TWill has.
Look at ATL and the homie Taylor Gabriel.
I mean when you go games without receptions, what are you bringing to the table?

He had a huge drop in the 1st half last Sunday. He cleaned it up a bit this season, but that's cause Dak didn't force him the ball.
Going back previous seasons, he's definitely dropped balls due to using his body. If he's going to be out #2 deep threat guy, he needs to be able to use his hands.

I know **** happens, but that play was soooo basic. For that reason, we had to hear it from Giants fans all season how they own us. #StillSalty

If the price is right, we keep him but there are soooo many guys that can come in and give us what TWill has.
Look at ATL and the homie Taylor Gabriel.
I mean when you go games without receptions, what are you bringing to the table?
This season he had zero recorded dropped passes on 61 targets. His lone dropped pass was in the game Sunday which came on a 2nd down play early in the game. I don't know if I would consider that a huge drop but I hear you, its a drop. This season he also caught 72% of passes thrown his way & Dez caught 52%. This season he had more YAC than Dez who caught more balls than him. Last season he had less drops in 16 games (4) then Dez had in 9 (5). I'm not saying he's an otherworldly talent but to suggest he's just another run of the mill receiver that we could get another one of this off season is a bit of an overstatement. To me he's reliable, never hurt and a team guy that should get another deal

Last edited:
Anything over $4M/yr and he can walk.

Since Dez has become a mostly a possession reciever, we need #2 receiver that can stretch the field with his speed and catch with his hands.

A true #2 receiver should be able to flourish if the #1 is down and out ...I don't feel comfortable with him being the go to receiver if Dez is hurt as there are better and cheaper options.

All depends on Martin and/Leary offer as both of them are priorities over Twill. So after Martin resign and maybe Leary then Twill can have what's leftover if he will accept it.

Twill is very forgettable on the field and he has no toughness to him. I don't mind seeing him bounce.

This Draft is loaded with WRs, CBS, DEs, DLs I don't see none of our FAs that we cant afford to lose.

I would take any of the top 5 college CBs over clairborne and any of the top 20 WRs over Williams. I would take any SEC Defensive lineman over our whole core!

Last edited:
The last 3 post. :lol:

I dont see Leary coming back, has questionable knees and he deserves to get paid. I also think we've committed to Collins being the LG.

Williams can go but we need to replace him with someone worth while.

My draft order would be d-line, corner, wideout, TE. But go best players available when we draft.

Last edited:
Only reason I keep T Will is the chemistry he has with Dez and the other WRs. Dez calls him his brother often. But he's going to want to be paid.

Dez's injuries have hindered his speed a bit so having a burner on the opposite side would be nice with Cole world in the slot. Brice Butler can go; too inconsistent for me.

Feel bad for Leary and how we ******* on him only for Collins to get hurt and Leary play at an allpro level. I want him to get his just due elsewhere in terms of a top dollar contract.

We're very fortunate to have the Oline we have though. This is where the games are won. The Oline alone guarantees 9 wins. Good to great QB/RB plays can add an additional 3-4 wins. I love the situation we're in. I understand the defense has to get better but once again, Rodgers shredded the Giants defense which is much better than ours. Our defense let us down but Rodgers has been playing possessed. I think he'd do the same to the 2008 Steelers defense that averaged 14.1ppg

Back
Top Bottom