THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 1 - 1 Next game 9/22 vs. Ravens

Still can't get over the fact that Rodgers torched our D with a banged up receiving core.

Still can't get over the fact that Rodgers torched our D with a banged up receiving core.

I knew it was a very big possibility with the idiot Rod Marinelli because he thought he could rush 3 men like last time and GB would not be ready for it.

Looking back at the game. We def got out-coached.
Our offensive play calling was ****.
We tried to do too much. It was like we had no game plan on offense.

Throwing a 15 yard pass on 3 and 2 on the opening drive inside the red zone.
Throwing 3 straight passes before the half from the 15.
Throwing a screen on 2 and 1.
Spiking the ball with 1 minutes left instead of calling a timeout to win the game.
That's all on coaching.

Absolutely right. Our team is young and inexperienced, coaching has to make up for that. On our last drive, the packers were leaving it in our hands to beat them. They weren't trying to preserve the clock and for some reason Dallas was. Zeneca was doing whatever he wanted out there and not ONE TIME did they run the ball. I'm sorry but tying the game is the SECOND option, go for the win. If you have to kick the FG don't leave 40 seconds on the clock for Aaron Rodgers!!!

Look back at the Pittsburgh game, very similar in the fact that it became an offensive shootout. Well how'd we win that game?? By giving our most explosive player the ball and letting him run it down their throats... And if we still lost there wouldn't have been anything else we could've done but we would have played our best hand.

Anyway I'm proud of the rooks, and especially Dez, and everyone else... they all kept fighting and didn't fold. All these people were hoping for Dallas to fall but couldn't keep their eyes off the Tv whenever we played smh. It's all good only gonna learn from this.

P.S. I'm sure there were people calling for Romo to come back but at this point you'd have to be completely delusional to believe that he'd have given us any better chance in that particular game. Dak didn't do everything right in that game but who does? Dude played a better game than any single playoff game Romo ever participated in.

Sorry for the long post. But I'm also thinking about trying out for the Cowboys to help out the secondary,as I believe I could do a better job than half them dudes [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Absolutely right. Our team is young and inexperienced, coaching has to make up for that. On our last drive, the packers were leaving it in our hands to beat them. They weren't trying to preserve the clock and for some reason Dallas was. Zeneca was doing whatever he wanted out there and not ONE TIME did they run the ball. I'm sorry but tying the game is the SECOND option, go for the win. If you have to kick the FG don't leave 40 seconds on the clock for Aaron Rodgers!!!

Look back at the Pittsburgh game, very similar in the fact that it became an offensive shootout. Well how'd we win that game?? By giving our most explosive player the ball and letting him run it down their throats... And if we still lost there wouldn't have been anything else we could've done but we would have played our best hand.

Anyway I'm proud of the rooks, and especially Dez, and everyone else... they all kept fighting and didn't fold. All these people were hoping for Dallas to fall but couldn't keep their eyes off the Tv whenever we played smh. It's all good only gonna learn from this.

P.S. I'm sure there were people calling for Romo to come back but at this point you'd have to be completely delusional to believe that he'd have given us any better chance in that particular game. Dak didn't do everything right in that game but who does? Dude played a better game than any single playoff game Romo ever participated in.

Sorry for the long post. But I'm also thinking about trying out for the Cowboys to help out the secondary,as I believe I could do a better job than half them dudes [emoji]128514[/emoji]

QFT! Dak is legit. Over the full season and the pose he showed being down 21-3 due to Aaron Rodgers craving up our secondary to lead them back to almost win speaks for itself...... I hope the "should of put Romo in Fans" follow Romo to his next team.

Last edited:
QFT! Dak is legit. Over the full season and the pose he showed being down 21-3 due to Aaron Rodgers craving up our secondary to lead them back to almost win speaks for itself...... I hope the "should of put Romo in Fans" follow Romo to his next team.

I agree 100%. If you still wanted Romo at this point then your loyalty is with him and not Dallas

This off season we need to work on situational football.
I feel like JG is a good coach but he lacks the knowledge or poise for situational games.
The same way we came into the season is the same way we end it.
No way should we have given AR the ball back with that much time left.
Playing for the tie instead of the win killed us.

I like JG, but we've been going through this for how long?
His seat should be warming up within the next 1-2 years.
1 post season win within 7 years isn't cutting it.

Big Wit says he will be back.

:x after getting sauced all day by Greenbay's TE Cook I want a more athletic TE! Cowboys have a tendency of keeping players past their prime.

When Witten was in his prime he was a better blocker and demanded a safety or CB on passing downs. Now he is getting covered by linebackers. He still makes clutch catches over linebackers when teams double Dez and Beasley and say "let the other guys beat us"

Last edited:
Definitely not blaming Rod for this loss, his 2nd half defensive play calling got us back in this game, don't lose site of that. That last play falls on Byron, no matter how you slice it, he lost Cook and got cooked :smh:

I've been saying for the last 3 years, we need to start signing defensive playmakers opposed to depending on rookies and guys off the street. We had the opportunity to go after Haden and Wake at the trade deadline but we valued those 5th round picks instead. Granted those guys aren't superstars but they could've came in and added a spark to our defense.

Guys like Carr, Wilcox, Church ain't really cutting it. We have to sign a legit pass rusher, why did Hardy and Gregory have to be an idiots :smh:

Offensive play calling was outright atrocious yesterday, hate when we get too cute, I had nightmares about that 2nd & 1 call!

As far as the offense personnel goes, we have to upgrade our TE, get rid of Escobar if we're not going to use him. Keep Witt for his leadership but we need to pass that torch.

Doug Free has to go, like right now!

Also not high on Butler like you guys are, dude is just another WR, would love to see us add another legit threat next to Dez.

We'll be back Boyz, this is just the beginning :nthat:

This was disturbing on a lot of levels.... so Moe C, Scandrick, AB, Carr, and B. Jones vs. the likes of Allison (scrub), TE Rodgers (scrub), D. Adams (habitual underachiver), J. Cool, and R. Cobb and we find ourselves down 21-3? :smh:

I was just as upset at our offense only having 3 up to that point as well but gahhhh damn what did they work on for 2 weeks leading up to 3:40pm CST yesterday? :smh:

Last edited:

Spiking the ball with 1 minutes left instead of calling a timeout to win the game.
That's all on coaching.

All of this.

Anyone who knows football knows... spiking the ball there was a sign of panic and screams you didn't REALLY know what you wanted to do, carrot top I'm looking at you. As acroyal acroyal referenced... the young guys did their part in showing up, the coaches didn't do there's by having them prepared across the board for any/every situation.

How many times are we going to come out in shotgun on 2nd/3rd and short? Did it work out a few times, sure, but there's zero reason to not come out in singleback double TE sets when the opposition is coming out with 5 DB's... PUNISH these dudes. It's what we had been doing all season :smh: the one thing I hoped is that if we lost, we lost after Zeke saw the ball 30 times. Wasn't the case :smh:

Definitely not blaming Rod for this loss, his 2nd half defensive play calling got us back in this game, don't lose site of that. That last play falls on Byron, no matter how you slice it, he lost Cook and got cooked :smh:

Who is to blame then, the offense for not scoring 40+ points, which would have required Dak to throw for 400+ yards and 4 TDs.

Even though the defense cost them 2 timeouts and a few penalties in the first half for being caught trying to substitute.

Theven defense came out completely unprepared to play.

That's all on coaching.

All of this.

Anyone who knows football knows... spiking the ball there was a sign of panic and screams you didn't REALLY know what you wanted to do, carrot top I'm looking at you. As acroyal acroyal referenced... the young guys did their part in showing up, the coaches didn't do there's by having them prepared across the board for any/every situation.

How many times are we going to come out in shotgun on 2nd/3rd and short? Did it work out a few times, sure, but there's zero reason to not come out in singleback double TE sets when the opposition is coming out with 5 DB's... PUNISH these dudes. It's what we had been doing all season :smh: the one thing I hoped is that if we lost, we lost after Zeke saw the ball 30 times. Wasn't the case :smh:

The spike always looks worse in hindsight, but it wasn't as bad a decision as it seemed. If you spike it and then throw incomplete passes, it seems like a bad decision. If you spike it and then Dak completes that slant on 3rd down, the clock is running again and you are worried about time because they were playing for a TD.

That's all on coaching.

All of this.

The spike always looks worse in hindsight, but it wasn't as bad a decision as it seemed. If you spike it and then throw incomplete passes, it seems like a bad decision. If you spike it and then Dak completes that slant on 3rd down, the clock is running again and you are worried about time because they were playing for a TD.

I feel what you're saying but I can't let you discount how bad of a decision that was. Witten caught the ball for a 1st down with 1:04 left, everybody was lined up with 51 seconds.... so at this point, there's 51 seconds and you're down 3 with a timeout, oh and on the other side you have an assassin at QB just :lol: at the idea of you giving him the ball back.

All a spike did there was limit our options. Even if you waste 10 seconds after witten's first down deciding what to do, the consolation is you shift gears to going for a FG but bleeding the clock/making them use their T.O.'s

Last edited:

Who is to blame then, the offense for not scoring 40+ points, which would have required Dak to throw for 400+ yards and 4 TDs.

Even though the defense cost them 2 timeouts and a few penalties in the first half for being caught trying to substitute.

Theven defense came out completely unprepared to play.

I don't think the playing calling on defense wasn't the killer, it was the lack of execution from the players early on. Once they settled in, the defense looked a lot better.

Werent we in field goal range already when the ball was spiked? If so, we def had plenty of time to run more plays without having to worry about a spike, especially with a timeout left. We didn't even use the timeout on our offensive possession, which was a waste. Can't just blame coaches for that decision,Rodgers prob would have ran a quick play if he was in that situation.Dak will learn and grow from this situation,and maybe next time he runs a quick play instead.

Brandon Carr thinking about retirement 
pimp.gif

I mean we had 8 guys to cover their receivers and a dude got open. Can't blame coaching for that, Rod can't play too. Our secondary was trash for most of the game.Not sure why we didn't press and blitz more. It wasn't like arod was killing us with deep bombs, most of his passes were short slants, he was dinking and dunking us to death. Did Irving even play? Dude was a ghost...

Last edited:
Revamp this d line asap.
They make our secondary look way worse than what it is.
Only so long those guys can be in coverage.

I mean we had 8 guys to cover their receivers and a dude got open. Can't blame coaching for that, Rod can't play too. Our secondary was trash for most of the game.Not sure why we didn't press and blitz more. It wasn't like arod was killing us with deep bombs, most of his passes were short slants, he was dinking and dunking us to death. Did Irving even play? Dude was a ghost...

No we had 3 guys rushing, 7 guys covering, and 1 guy was a spy. It's like playing 10 on 11 because the spy has almost no impact on the play.

That defense works on mediocre QBs, that you don't face often in the regular season.

Last edited:
No we had 3 guys rushing, 7 guys covering, and 1 guy was a spy.

That defense works on mediocre QBs, that you don't face often in the regular season.
Forgot the spy yea that spy ish works best for mobile qbs like Cam and Wilson who rely on their legs more to run past the line of scrimmage. Rodgers usually runs to buy more time to throws own the field not to gain yards pass the line of scrimmage. Should of used the spy to rush the QB.

Back
Top Bottom