THE KILLING -- the official boycott thread (Game of Thrones is back tonight at 9!)

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Reading this thread the past couple weeks, I could have told you dudes that the season would end in a cliffhanger. Doesn't seem like many of you know that this is an American remake of a Danish show, in which that case you would know the Rosie Larsen case isn't solved in the first season. I do agree though that it is frustrating, the first several episodes of this moved way to slow, I think they will pick up the pace in the second season though with solving the Rosie Larsen murder and moving on to another case before it is over.
Nah, I think most of us knew because people were mentioning it when it premiered.  I thought they said it was 1 case a season so we assumed the case would be solved.  Bring in Detective Stabler and Benson, they would've caught the person by now.  Linda's detective skills are mediocre and Holder is in someone's pocket.

Reading this thread the past couple weeks, I could have told you dudes that the season would end in a cliffhanger. Doesn't seem like many of you know that this is an American remake of a Danish show, in which that case you would know the Rosie Larsen case isn't solved in the first season. I do agree though that it is frustrating, the first several episodes of this moved way to slow, I think they will pick up the pace in the second season though with solving the Rosie Larsen murder and moving on to another case before it is over.
Nah, I think most of us knew because people were mentioning it when it premiered.  I thought they said it was 1 case a season so we assumed the case would be solved.  Bring in Detective Stabler and Benson, they would've caught the person by now.  Linda's detective skills are mediocre and Holder is in someone's pocket.

I agree w. the Simmons article. What I would have loved to see happen is the case wrap up in Season 1, and move on to a different city (with new actors) for season 2 with a new case.

I agree w. the Simmons article. What I would have loved to see happen is the case wrap up in Season 1, and move on to a different city (with new actors) for season 2 with a new case.

In the Danish Show it is solved in the first season though 

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

^ this. he doesn't know what he's talking about. if this show followed the original, it would've been done episode 10, when they caught Belko and his obsession with Rosie.

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

^ this. he doesn't know what he's talking about. if this show followed the original, it would've been done episode 10, when they caught Belko and his obsession with Rosie.

^
I was going to check out the original show and see the differences, but I guess I don't have to now.  
grin.gif

^
I was going to check out the original show and see the differences, but I guess I don't have to now.  
grin.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

If that was enough to make you not watch it...
grin.gif

You just spoiled the original show though.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

If that was enough to make you not watch it...
grin.gif

You just spoiled the original show though.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

show was bomb, anyone who didnt like it b/c of not getting closure is a simp and too trained by simple procedures, I bet you guys didnt like the wore either.

Its more genuine, like in real life, you dont always get closure

show was bomb, anyone who didnt like it b/c of not getting closure is a simp and too trained by simple procedures, I bet you guys didnt like the wore either.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Just finished and
pimp.gif
episode.

Somebody posted earlier in the thread, awhile back, how the Belko character was the killer in the Danish version.

Halfway through I thought that's where they might've taken it, but he's definitely crossed off the list
pimp.gif

Shaping up to be a mind blown type finale

this was a month ago 
laugh.gif

just about anywhere that talked about this show said it before during and after Belko showed up in this one.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Just finished and
pimp.gif
episode.

Somebody posted earlier in the thread, awhile back, how the Belko character was the killer in the Danish version.

Halfway through I thought that's where they might've taken it, but he's definitely crossed off the list
pimp.gif

Shaping up to be a mind blown type finale

this was a month ago 
laugh.gif

just about anywhere that talked about this show said it before during and after Belko showed up in this one.

I must have missed it when it was mentioned, because I don't even remember that being mentioned in this thread.
laugh.gif

In fact I'm still not quite sure who Belko is.

I'm assuming that Stan's buddy who worked with him and helped him beat up the teacher?

I must have missed it when it was mentioned, because I don't even remember that being mentioned in this thread.
laugh.gif

In fact I'm still not quite sure who Belko is.

I'm assuming that Stan's buddy who worked with him and helped him beat up the teacher?

^ Yea, his setup for it was kinda perfect too. It would've made more sense if he went to jail instead of Stan, cuz him sticking around was just weird.
Originally Posted by jordanhendrix

eek.gif
are you tryna compare this to The Wire?
Wire S2 > The Killing, easy

If you really think this show went wrong in the finale, when it didn't give answers and that's why people are pissed...I don't know what to say to you. This show went bad halfway through the season...and holding out hope that it would end well got me through the 2nd half and was all I could do...it didn't.

Back
Top Bottom