THE KILLING -- the official boycott thread (Game of Thrones is back tonight at 9!)

just turned on the new ep of the killing but im making a prediction right now ahead of time: the cops son is adopted. he's the son of a victim of a past case (maybe the one that drove her borderline nuts?)

pay me
pimp.gif

just turned on the new ep of the killing but im making a prediction right now ahead of time: the cops son is adopted. he's the son of a victim of a past case (maybe the one that drove her borderline nuts?)

pay me
pimp.gif

The thing about this show versus other crime dramas like CSI or whatever is the emotion.

I was really feeling for both of them. Liden breaking down over her son and Holder on the phone.

The thing about this show versus other crime dramas like CSI or whatever is the emotion.

I was really feeling for both of them. Liden breaking down over her son and Holder on the phone.

What is this show I'm watching? Is it the same one that killed the first 5 episodes? Hooked you on all the major players by the 2nd ep? Get me to make a thread about it from the trailer alone?

It's like...the last 5 eps have made me lower the bar so damn much, right? They'll keep hitting on little moments here and there, but it's such a smaller show than it let on to be. It's got no momentum, which you'd think would be hard to do since every episode is one day. But you couldn't tell that. from watching the show. They should've just done whatever they felt like doing. 2 episodes for one day? Fine. 1 episode for 2? It's your damn show. It's a remake, so you already have a blueprint.

For starters, maybe they thought they were too good for it, but they should've given in. 24 has the running clock to keep that pace and that urgency...they should've counted days at the beginning or end of every episode. Something more than 'hey remember what happened yesterday?' to give the show a...shape or at least some expectations. Maybe that'd mean laying out the details of the case and pieces of evidence in place of opening credits every episode (kind of how Game of Thrones changes theirs every week to show where on the map they're working from/new places they're at). One episode, they found a film reel of Rosie's. I was convinced that every episode was gonna start with them playing some of the film reel, and maybe Linden obsessing over it. She did make that promise that she would get to know Rosie, right?
eyes.gif

You needed something to center the show. And if it wasn't gonna be the characters (the most centered and organized part of the show is the election...which is boring to me), than they needed something else, more than 'just tell us who did it' to hook you in every week.

Eventually I asked myself, what is this show building up to be? It's not much of a show about grief to me. They didn't bother staying with the other school kids and Sterling to develop that. Mitch became so damn annoying. They never gave the little brothers more to do or really bothered to earn the case again. If I need grief, I'll watch Six Feet Under again. ..I mean...they just found a body last ep, and I thought to myself that's the what? 2nd person who's died since the show started (not counting Rosie) and they were nobody to us. I'm not saying this should be Clue, and someone big needs to drop dead every episode, but there's no stakes to this show. That's why there's no momentum. Hell...maybe it's because there's no momentum.

I mean the show didn't do itself too many favors. They couldn't make most of their characters interesting for more then 5 minutes. And the few really interesting ones they have? They wait 10 episodes to give Holder real time, and surprise Linden's not annoying anymore....as annoying.
laugh.gif
They really get Stan onto something but then they jack up the whole Bennett story (even though they kinda killed the moment when he tried to go back to school). Mitch
ohwell.gif
Jack
eyes.gif
It's a shame.

I really really liked this episode and I'm sure the ending could be pretty good, but I never want to watch this show again, or at least this season. It didn't work. They made the show about Mitch, Stan, Linden and Richmond. Not Rosie, not the city, not anything in particular, just those characters. Did any of them work for more than half the season? This show could've been about Holder, but it wasn't. And it sucks that every time they cross off a fake suspect, they act like they never existed. They don't get a new lead from them or get any deeper into anything about them or their relationship with Rosie. It's like all they managed to do was shrink the world of the show. That might not even matter, if the people we were left with were interesting.

I got no clue who did it, and I really hope they make me care when they solve the case. This was a nice too little too late episode, when it felt like we finally had a clue that'd get to whole really killed the girl...they stall more than they ever have. Hell, we might actually get to know Rosie a little bit, before the show's over.
nerd.gif
Yea right.

What is this show I'm watching? Is it the same one that killed the first 5 episodes? Hooked you on all the major players by the 2nd ep? Get me to make a thread about it from the trailer alone?

It's like...the last 5 eps have made me lower the bar so damn much, right? They'll keep hitting on little moments here and there, but it's such a smaller show than it let on to be. It's got no momentum, which you'd think would be hard to do since every episode is one day. But you couldn't tell that. from watching the show. They should've just done whatever they felt like doing. 2 episodes for one day? Fine. 1 episode for 2? It's your damn show. It's a remake, so you already have a blueprint.

For starters, maybe they thought they were too good for it, but they should've given in. 24 has the running clock to keep that pace and that urgency...they should've counted days at the beginning or end of every episode. Something more than 'hey remember what happened yesterday?' to give the show a...shape or at least some expectations. Maybe that'd mean laying out the details of the case and pieces of evidence in place of opening credits every episode (kind of how Game of Thrones changes theirs every week to show where on the map they're working from/new places they're at). One episode, they found a film reel of Rosie's. I was convinced that every episode was gonna start with them playing some of the film reel, and maybe Linden obsessing over it. She did make that promise that she would get to know Rosie, right?
eyes.gif

You needed something to center the show. And if it wasn't gonna be the characters (the most centered and organized part of the show is the election...which is boring to me), than they needed something else, more than 'just tell us who did it' to hook you in every week.

Eventually I asked myself, what is this show building up to be? It's not much of a show about grief to me. They didn't bother staying with the other school kids and Sterling to develop that. Mitch became so damn annoying. They never gave the little brothers more to do or really bothered to earn the case again. If I need grief, I'll watch Six Feet Under again. ..I mean...they just found a body last ep, and I thought to myself that's the what? 2nd person who's died since the show started (not counting Rosie) and they were nobody to us. I'm not saying this should be Clue, and someone big needs to drop dead every episode, but there's no stakes to this show. That's why there's no momentum. Hell...maybe it's because there's no momentum.

I mean the show didn't do itself too many favors. They couldn't make most of their characters interesting for more then 5 minutes. And the few really interesting ones they have? They wait 10 episodes to give Holder real time, and surprise Linden's not annoying anymore....as annoying.
laugh.gif
They really get Stan onto something but then they jack up the whole Bennett story (even though they kinda killed the moment when he tried to go back to school). Mitch
ohwell.gif
Jack
eyes.gif
It's a shame.

I really really liked this episode and I'm sure the ending could be pretty good, but I never want to watch this show again, or at least this season. It didn't work. They made the show about Mitch, Stan, Linden and Richmond. Not Rosie, not the city, not anything in particular, just those characters. Did any of them work for more than half the season? This show could've been about Holder, but it wasn't. And it sucks that every time they cross off a fake suspect, they act like they never existed. They don't get a new lead from them or get any deeper into anything about them or their relationship with Rosie. It's like all they managed to do was shrink the world of the show. That might not even matter, if the people we were left with were interesting.

I got no clue who did it, and I really hope they make me care when they solve the case. This was a nice too little too late episode, when it felt like we finally had a clue that'd get to whole really killed the girl...they stall more than they ever have. Hell, we might actually get to know Rosie a little bit, before the show's over.
nerd.gif
Yea right.

Originally Posted by jordanhendrix

^^^^ Nope it was his sobriety coin, they give em out at AA and NA, like 1 month coin, 2 month coin etc etc

Yeah, he stole a coin from his nephew so he was going to replace it with the sobriety coin.

Originally Posted by jordanhendrix

^^^^ Nope it was his sobriety coin, they give em out at AA and NA, like 1 month coin, 2 month coin etc etc

Yeah, he stole a coin from his nephew so he was going to replace it with the sobriety coin.

eek.gif
 @ what transpired tonight. I didn't think they would actually have him as the killer. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't the killer and they twist it somehow. Previews said the last 5 minutes will shock us.

eek.gif
 @ what transpired tonight. I didn't think they would actually have him as the killer. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't the killer and they twist it somehow. Previews said the last 5 minutes will shock us.

Originally Posted by Noskey

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
at the end. Never guessed it, never would have guessed it.

For real though, I never would of guessed it either!  That's a pretty big twist... but I honestly don't think it's him though for some reason, I couldn't tell who the pictures were of that the Mayor showed his jumpoff.  I can't wait for the final episode, this season has been great.  I didn't watch the previews but I hope it's bananas and some more twists come our way.. I mean it all make sense that she took the money from the parents accounts and funded his campaign and all that jazz, but I still think he wasn't involved, esp. since there's another episode left and that the ending will 'shock' us. Great episode though, I was waiting for something to go down in the final minutes and it did not disappoint.  
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
at the end. Never guessed it, never would have guessed it.

For real though, I never would of guessed it either!  That's a pretty big twist... but I honestly don't think it's him though for some reason, I couldn't tell who the pictures were of that the Mayor showed his jumpoff.  I can't wait for the final episode, this season has been great.  I didn't watch the previews but I hope it's bananas and some more twists come our way.. I mean it all make sense that she took the money from the parents accounts and funded his campaign and all that jazz, but I still think he wasn't involved, esp. since there's another episode left and that the ending will 'shock' us. Great episode though, I was waiting for something to go down in the final minutes and it did not disappoint.  
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom