The College Basketball Post

backlash is strong as predicted.

food for thought.

The two guys Wiggins are being compared to, Tracy Mcgrady and Paul George neither had anything resembling a killer instinct at 18. tracy was content to be vince sidekick untill adidas moved him to orlando, paul george was considered soft at fresno state.

and in the biggest 2 games into his college career, he put 22 on Duke, and one the game with a step back and breakaway dunk.

but he's not "competitive" has no killer instinct.

laugh.gif

im sleep though.

he's the best prospect in this draft its not based on nothing, guys in this thread saw him in high school, international, exhibitions, head 2 head with randle and parker.
This little built in excuse is getting real tiring. "He only gets up for real games".

Also, who cares about the past though? The past isn't the end all and be all of kids who are all 20 years old. Who cares if he was "the better prospect" than Randle and Parker coming into this season. Who's to say Randle and Parker have not evolved their games and skills past Wiggins to this point? It's not like Wiggins was far and away ahead of everyone in the class. Plenty of folks felt more comfortable giving that title to Randle or Parker.

The logic used in this post and by others to defend Wiggins at all costs is just getting weird. 

Last edited:
Jimmies have been rustled.

I just know what I've seen in person. The kid will get it going. Not like he's JMM out here

so like 90 highschool/international games, immediately becomes irrelevant once the college season starts. :lol:

okay.

6 games wont undo my opinion, they are performing exactly as I expected, like basically to a tee, when you actually have information you are less susceptible to irrational knee jerks...funny how that works.

enjoy the season, you have a lot more knee jerks coming, :lol:

Last edited:
So you dudes with every excuse in the book for Wiggins....when do you expect him to actually get it going and be this next big thing we were hearing about coming into the season?

so like 90 highschool/international games, immediately becomes irrelevant once the college season starts.
laugh.gif

okay.

6 games wont undo my opinion, they are performing exactly as I expected, like basically to a tee, when you actually have information you are less susceptible to irrational knee jerks...funny how that works.

enjoy the season, you have a lot more knee jerks coming,
laugh.gif
No, not at all. I'm telling you plenty of folks had Randle and Parker as the best in the class coming into the year

You're acting like Wiggins was far and away the #1 guy

You're acting like it's a knee jerk reaction to criticize him but I'd say it's more of a reality check and a sign to slow your roll when it comes to projecting this kid. I understand why you and others are doing your due dillegence to defend the kid after every average game, but I don't think it's unfair to point out that Wiggins shouldn't be considered the can't miss #1 prospect

Last edited:
so like 90 highschool/international games, immediately becomes irrelevant once the college season starts. :lol:

okay.

enjoy the season, you have a lot more knee jerks coming, :lol:

You do know high school & college are two different leagues?

Jimmies have been rustled.

I just know what I've seen in person. The kid will get it going. Not like he's JMM out here
Seems like you and the Wiggins patrol are the ones with the jimmies rustled. Especially that worldbefree dude. Trying to talk down to people who are not even trolling or anything about Wiggins. Most dudes actually in here making non instigating remarks concerning Wiggins

Back from NYC.

Saw some good basketball these last few days.

Dougie might be my favorite player to watch this season.
Creighton can be that team that makes a deep run if they are hitting.

Not impressed by ASU at all.
Bachynski is soft as hell, Jahii couldn't get it going.

Duke needs that third scorer desperately.
Bigs are nowhere to be seen.

Good win for Zona, but I'm still not as high on them as others are.
If they go deep, it will be due to McConnell. If the bigs play like they can, final 4 no doubt.
Still wanna see Gordon do his thing in a half court set...

Gordon needs to get the ball closer to the basket, he's floating way too much on the wing when he's stronger than who's guarding him 95% of the time

I really hope JMM isn't who I think it is....he was not hyped like wiggins when he came outta hs

:rolleyes

Gordon needs to get the ball closer to the basket, he's floating way too much on the wing when he's stronger than who's guarding him 95% of the time

Yeah this annoys me about him. It's why the Blake Griffin comparisons are stupid...they play absolutely nothing alike. They just look kinda similar and dunk the same.

No, not at all. I'm telling you plenty of folks had Randle and Parker as the best in the class coming into the year

You're acting like Wiggins was far and away the #1 guy

You're acting like it's a knee jerk reaction to criticize him but I'd say it's more of a reality check and a sign to slow your roll when it comes to projecting this kid. I understand why you and others are doing your due dillegence to defend the kid after every average game, but I don't think it's unfair to point out that Wiggins shouldn't be considered the can't miss #1 prospect

incorrect.

he was the number 1 guy, by every scouting service.

now i get why the regulars in this thread hate you people, watch 6 games and tell me I need to slow my roll. :lol:

he has the flu, plays two bad games and im the one who overreacted.

like i said enjoy the season. :lol:

Last edited:
incorrect.

now i get why the regulars in this thread hate you people, watch 6 games and tell me I need to slow my roll. :lol:

Forreal :lol: , I wouldn't even respond at this point Osh

Providence has a decent chance at taking down Kentucky tonight the homer in me thinks

incorrect.

Again I'm asking you: was he the #1 prospect by the wide margin you're making him out to be? Plenty of folks who were not scouts liked randle and Parker as their #1. Sure not scouts, but very intelligent folks, like yourself, preferred the other guys because of the question marks we all saw in wiggins. Like the mentality, the personality etc. etc.

Again, the excuses-- if it's not "he only gets up for big games" it's "oh he had the flu".

Not trying to tear the kid down, just pointing out that he may not be who he was projected. Not making any declarations yet

I don't even think Providence has all their players back at this point, UK will beat them by double digits today.

They do. Only missing the two freshmen (Austin & Bullock) but they've been out all year so far due to academics.

Lot of experience, and Vegas has it lined at 5.5, though I can see a DD Kentucky win if Providence shoots the way they did in the Paradise Jam

Just hoping for an entertaining game/upset

Coach K is gonna burn Jabari and Rodney out. Both logged 38 mins against Arizona. Why not give Rasheed and Dawkins more mins + shots? Plus you might as well play Plumlee now and let him go through the growing pains instead of sitting him for so long IMO.

McConnell was ballin out against Duke. Didn't shoot well but he stood out. Didn't know who he was until he transferred admittedly but he put up some solid #s at Duquense.

I have high hopes for this OK State/Memphis game. The Knicks ain't sh*t right now so I at least want a good alternative :lol:

Honestly, keep that Wiggins **** somewhere else, this isn't the who is the #1 prospect in the NBA thread. When your not a regular and you come in here making declarations after November basketball no one is going to take you seriously.

Watching Dwayne Polee make makes me feel bad that St. Johns is stuck with Dom Pointer's trash ***.

Honestly, keep that Wiggins **** somewhere else, this isn't the who is the #1 prospect in the NBA thread. When your not a regular and you come in here making declarations after November basketball no one is going to take you seriously.

Watching Dwayne Polee make makes me feel bad that St. Johns is stuck with Dom Pointer's trash ***.
You seem to really feel yourself. Show me where anyone made declarations. Just because you're a regular, doesn't make your opinions count for more or allow you to talk down to others. I'm not asking anyone to take anyone seriously, that's your decision but if this is how you discuss basketball then it should be a fun year. All high and mighty dude hahaha, relax man.

But yeah, this is a college bball thread so I'll keep it to the college level.

Last edited:
Seems like you and the Wiggins patrol are the ones with the jimmies rustled. Especially that worldbefree dude. Trying to talk down to people who are not even trolling or anything about Wiggins. Most dudes actually in here making non instigating remarks concerning Wiggins

Nowhere in any of my posts have I talked down to anyone. The hype the kid received is due to ESPN, not even the guys at scout. They created this. Just like the uproar when Bari got the cover on espn and they put "next Lebron?" In that title.

Parker was always considered the best prospect regardless of class for years, then Drew turned it on and took over when he got to Huntington.

Acting like the kid is James ******g White after 7 games is unfair to him. If you frequented this thread dating back to the yuku days then you'd know he wasn't gonna come in and drop 20+ a game constantly. OKB has been spot on. This is the same kid who Randle was afraid to guard at the Peach Jam and he killed.

And Vic I was talking about McAdoo. Top 5 prospect coming out of hs, projected top 5 pick, came back and got exposed. That jig has been up for him

Nowhere in any of my posts have I talked down to anyone. The hype the kid received is due to ESPN, not even the guys at scout. They created this. Just like the uproar when Bari got the cover on espn and they put "next Lebron?" In that title.

Parker was always considered the best prospect regardless of class for years, then Drew turned it on and took over when he got to Huntington.

Acting like the kid is James ******g White after 7 games is unfair to him. If you frequented this thread dating back to the yuku days then you'd know he wasn't gonna come in and drop 20+ a game constantly. OKB has been spot on. This is the same kid who Randle was afraid to guard at the Peach Jam and he killed.

And Vic I was talking about McAdoo. Top 5 prospect coming out of hs, projected top 5 pick, came back and got exposed. That jig has been up for him
Wasn't saying you were talkin down to anyone, was referring to worldbefree. But if you're gonna call people out for having their jimmies rustled for making calm points about wiggins then I think you're the one with the rustled jimmies. Not trying to start anything, but by making that comment it seems a bit ironic

Last edited:
personally I knew JMM shined his fr year because of all the talent ahead of him.....I never was sold on the hype by what I saw .....but I do know unc fans and commentators were on him hard.....and he def got exposed when he was suppose to be the "man" 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom