The College Basketball Post

Yea I heard Whittington a fool tho... Ain't know that ****** from Columbia be wildin like that
laugh.gif
mean.gif
roll.gif
How can he be a product of Howard County school systems
what he do? 
nerd.gif

i'm just mad yall equating athleticism to nba dominance.....plenty of athletic bums floating around the league...

This is my point exactly. As it stands that's all Drew has shown, the ability to out athlete SOME. He's not even THEE hands down best athlete in his class. This is going back to his hs days, we haven't seen him exhibit any other exceptional skill other than being able to guard. He's not the greatest rebounder, he's not an exceptionally good passer or shooter. He's not that good off the bounce. So it all comes back to the fact that he's somewhat quick, fast in the open court and a leaper.

I will acknowledge that are times where he moves very well without the ball and he doesn't back down. He's just not an alpha dog and like I said if you're not exceptionally gifted skill wise, that's a huge red flag for a potential #1 pick

You are on water if you just said he can only athlete some....he is the best athlete I have seen since LeBron/Oden. I'm not even taking your comments serious cause you know better but your Jabari fandom is getting to your head. When Wiggins fills out with his athleticism and fluidity :smh:

And once again Buc Em talking out his ***, look at the game logs for Derrick Rose...mad games where he was under 10 points. A lot of times since that squad was so veteran laden he didn't exactly take over. But keep writing a guys career as Nic Batum/James White 7 games into his college career. Michael Beasley sure was a better college player than everyone else in the league and was an elite rebounder. College =/= the NBA.

And Vic, I wish I could tell the Whitington story because its gold but I'm not trying to put his business out there. Let's just say it took profound levels of stupidity.

I think I may like Aaron Gordon's basketball athleticism more than Wiggins. Gordon atleast seems to know how to use it more right now, and his body is way more filled out than Wiggins.

This has nothing to do with Bari or me being a fan of him, this is my take on Drew as a fan of the game.

Buc beat me to it... If you can honestly look yourself in the mirror and say Wiggins is by far a better athlete than Aaron Gordon I don't know what to say about that. That's not saying that he's better than him or has the same amount of potential/talent. But I can't look at them and say hands down Drew is the better athlete.

I agree with your Pooh at Memphis comparison, that very may end up being the case. I really hope it is and he develops and become a great player. Bari & Julius might very well be under te EG/Bayless act, killing early and then fading later. But for right now they are looking like much better players than he is. But I digress, it is marathon not a sprint.

Last edited:
LOL @ Drew not being the best athlete in the class now.

Really reading these past couple pages feeling like I'm taking crazy pills...Gordon is a great athlete but Drew is much more fluid, better hips and lateral speed. Mogs love their hyperbole so continue this trashing.

Last edited:
Terrible comparison between Rose and Wiggins because of their positions.

Rose was a freshman lead guard and freshmen PG's almost always have growing pains at the beginning of the season.

And again on the "talent around him" argument. Randle has lottery talent extending all the way to the bench yet he's still producing on both ends. Gordon has just as much talent around him and he still affects the game in multiple facets.

Even if he's not getting done in the scoring department I still have yet to see Wiggins set his teammates up or have any standout defensive plays that change a game. I just kept seeing him get bodied by Bell all night last night.

Gordon and Drew are the same height, yet Gordon will never be a 3 in the league. He lacks that lateral ability and fluidity. Drew is hands down the best athlete, and that's no slight to Gordon.

Gordon and Drew are the same height, yet Gordon will never be a 3 in the league. He lacks that lateral ability and fluidity. Drew is hands down the best athlete, and that's no slight to Gordon.

The fact that Drew is a legit 3 is about skill set not athletic ability.

Using your same analogy: KD & Blake are the same height but KD is a 3 while Blake is a 4 bc of their skill sets. I've never heard a person say that KD was more athletic than Blake bc he could play the 3.

That is an apples to oranges analogy.

Yeah I'm not getting that analogy. In the games I've seen both of them play this year Gordon has had more success taking his man off the dribble, is a way better passer, looked like he has a better outside shot, has more intangibles and is a hell of a defensive player. And he has huge potential just like Wiggins.

I really love Gordon as a player cause he affects the game in so many different ways even when he's not scoring or having plays ran for him. That's rare from a hyped freshman.

Last edited:
I hope wiggins is still playing lazy come Dec. 10th. I'll be in the building. Gonna score me a sweet Billy D bobblehead :pimp:

Coolness : You think Kasey Hill might be back for the Kansas game ?

Wiggins had 6 points today against UTEP

another whatever game by wiggins...ive been arguing with people at work about him....i think at this point hes overrated and its not his fault..kid has talent but he was hyped to a point to him getting lebron treatment and about him getting that dough from adidas or whoever...hopefully that doesnt get to his head...we dont want another felipe lopez

The fact that Drew is a legit 3 is about skill set not athletic ability.

Using your same analogy: KD & Blake are the same height but KD is a 3 while Blake is a 4 bc of their skill sets. I've never heard a person say that KD was more athletic than Blake bc he could play the 3.

That is an apples to oranges analogy.

I'm saying that's the deciding factor to me, but it's on top of Drew having more bounce, being quicker, etc. The lateral ability isn't even comparable. Both great athletes, but he's not a better athlete than Drew.

backlash is strong as predicted.

food for thought.

The two guys Wiggins are being compared to, Tracy Mcgrady and Paul George neither had anything resembling a killer instinct at 18. tracy was content to be vince sidekick untill adidas moved him to orlando, paul george was considered soft at fresno state.

and in the biggest 2 games into his college career, he put 22 on Duke, and one the game with a step back and breakaway dunk.

but he's not "competitive" has no killer instinct.

:lol:

im sleep though.

he's the best prospect in this draft its not based on nothing, guys in this thread saw him in high school, international, exhibitions, head 2 head with randle and parker.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom