The College Basketball Post

I see we finally have someone in here with perspective. Thank God!

Like you said, if you watched Wiggins in HS, this is Exactly what you'd expect. He's more prospect than finished product, but he does produce enough to warrant being labeled the best prospect available.

It's funny how the board turned on him. I remember a couple months back, dudes were saying he was better than Lebron on the HS level, and said Bron played a weak schedule in hs lol.

Most people really bought into the crazy hype, and are dissapointed. But if you peel back the onion and look at him long term, you'll see something special.

Not a polished product offensively is being generous. I don't know what exactly he does well on that end other than dunk on 1 on none fast breaks and a spin move into the lane to a floater. I wish I knew what the hell any of you have seen in his COLLEGE games so far that make you see this player with unlimited potential.

I'd like to hear you tell me one single person that said Wiggins was a better high school player than LeBron.

During the game yesterday Self kept taking Wiggins out the game not because of foul trouble...but because he was just standing around literally doing NOTHING to help the team. It looked like he didn't even wanna be out there.

Wiggins can turn out to be the next Jordan in 5 years for all I know...but right now I'm gonna speak the truth on what I'm actually seeing.

Under Self I really dont remember Kansas having a #1 option maybe Thomas Robinson and Mclemore. It seems like Self's teams are deep and everyone gets involved with no true number one option. Even their championship team was like that.

Not a polished product offensively is being generous. I don't know what exactly he does well on that end other than dunk on 1 on none fast breaks and a spin move into the lane to a floater. I wish I knew what the hell any of you have seen in his COLLEGE games so far that make you see this player with unlimited potential.
Alright, you win. He stinks and all he can do is one one none fast breaks. Glad to have your insight. 

Amp, you know what Whittington did? He'd fit in over here with Mick and the boys. 
nerd.gif

Lebron didnt have killer instinct :lol:

his very first college game he put up 25/5/5 against the Sacramento Kings when they were still at their best.

I'd like to hear you tell me one single person that said Wiggins was a better high school player than LeBron.

During the game yesterday Self kept taking Wiggins out the game not because of foul trouble...but because he was just standing around literally doing NOTHING to help the team. It looked like he didn't even wanna be out there.

Wiggins can turn out to be the next Jordan in 5 years for all I know...but right now I'm gonna speak the truth on what I'm actually seeing.

There were a few dudes in a thread on here that were saying a that. What I see is a 6'8 forward with a great frame, length, freak athlete and already a good skillset to build off of.

I always thought Wiggins projected to be more Paul George, or a better version of Rudy Gay. Paul George couldn't handle the ball or create at all. But look at him now.

Wait... LeBron didn't have a Killer instinct until recently?!?! He didn't have it in H.S?!?! I mean I understand people like Drew and want him to be special, as a fan of the game i do to but this is getting rediculous.

Are we really sitting here debating this? Like he didn't completely end a players career at the age of 16... Like he didn't carry that weak *** St. V's squad against a D1 loaded Oak Hill squad..: like he didn't single HANDEDLY destroy multiple top 25 teams. I'm not even going to get into what he did with those Cleveland teams...

Short Term Memory is the downfall of most people. :smh:

I'll give wiggins all the time in the world, but to sit there and say the talent around him is holding him back is just weird. As if Parker and randle don't have nba talent around them?

Then someone's trying to dig at Lebron? Yikes

Wiggins simply hasn't been impressive and it's hard to see him living up to the hype. Waiting for him to show something

Anybody watch kyle Anderson yet this year?

His numbers are insane. I haven't been able to watch any Ucla games. Heard Jordan Adams slimmed down and is looking good too.

Even though wiggins is unassertive on offense, hes explosive enough to get to the basket anytime he wants, hes gonna be one of those players that will live at the free throw line in the nba

Under Self I really dont remember Kansas having a #1 option maybe Thomas Robinson and Mclemore. It seems like Self's teams are deep and everyone gets involved with no true number one option. Even their championship team was like that.

Wayne Simien , his last year .

I'll give wiggins all the time in the world, but to sit there and say the talent around him is holding him back is just weird. As if Parker and randle don't have nba talent around them?

Exactly if anybody should have that excuse it's Randle and he's putting up the best numbers out of all of them.

Then someone's trying to dig at Lebron? Yikes

Wiggins simply hasn't been impressive and it's hard to see him living up to the hype. Waiting for him to show something

Right, homie is the most hyped prospect in a long long time. I don't care who else is on your team you should want at least 15 shots a game to prove to people he is the goods. He is very raw though offensively and you aren't gonna see what he truly is for a couple years so I will give him that. He's just overhyped though don't know how that can be debated. Parker, Randle, and Smart are all significantly better players right now. Still think Wiggins is going to end up being great but he needs time and a change in mindset.

Also, this isn't about wanting instant gratification with wiggins It's about a reality check. Wiggins was projected to be the next big thing, which was understandable coming out of high school. I don think it's unfair to project him to be closer to Macklemore than Lebron or Kobe. Or perhaps a Paul George type player

It's unreal that 15 and 5 has become unimpressive :lol:. Anyone expecting a KD or Beas type of year is foolish. It's mostly people who haven't frequented this thread before the last few weeks too. You can dig in this thread and find Osh, Mr. Canada himself, projecting Randle to have a bigger year than Drew. We haven't found anything out about him that we didn't know before the season. The hype was created by others, not him.

And Cake, that Bron ending Lenny Cooke's career is far overblown. :lol: Lenny Cooke ended Lenny Cooke's career.

It's unreal that 15 and 5 has become unimpressive :lol:. Anyone expecting a KD or Beas type of year is foolish. It's mostly people who haven't frequented this thread before the last few weeks too. You can dig in this thread and find Osh, Mr. Canada himself, projecting Randle to have a bigger year than Drew. We haven't found anything out about him that we didn't know before the season. The hype was created by others, not him.

And Cake, that Bron ending Lenny Cooke's career is far overblown. :lol: Lenny Cooke ended Lenny Cooke's career.
Impressive in a relative sense. again wiggins could turn out to be a fine pro, I think it's fair to say he ends up closer to George than Lebron. If that's stating the obvious then I apologize

Last edited:

I agree that those of us who have been following him for some time are not surprised by his play or lack of domination, but you should be able to respect how that leads one to feel somewhat uneasy about him on the pro level. He just doesn't appear to be an ALPHA DOG and you need that from your #1 unless you're TOP ECHELON type talen like Tracy was, which Wiggins isn't. Does he have the tools to be special? Sure. But having the tools doesn't equate to being special.

He could very well end up being more like Kawhi than Paul George, which is what I equate his celing to be.

As far as that Lenny situation, he played Melo to a draw and was still considered to be top teir, then Bron completely dominated him and took all his invincibility away from there yes... Lenny spiraled out of control, but to deny that Bron taking the #1 spot and his aclaim had anyting to do with that is underselling the situation.

Wait... LeBron didn't have a Killer instinct until recently?!?! He didn't have it in H.S?!?! I mean I understand people like Drew and want him to be special, as a fan of the game i do to but this is getting rediculous.

Are we really sitting here debating this? Like he didn't completely end a players career at the age of 16... Like he didn't carry that weak *** St. V's squad against a D1 loaded Oak Hill squad..: like he didn't single HANDEDLY destroy multiple top 25 teams. I'm not even going to get into what he did with those Cleveland teams...

Short Term Memory is the downfall of most people. :smh:

Slow down Cake :lol:. When I'm saying killer instinct i'm talking like ending games, we are clearly meaning two different things. Bron didn't start his career being a closer, you can't say that about him now. That's what I meant. I brought up HS because while you guys were watching him I was actually playing with and against him, he'd dominate the beginning of the game and not close. No need to get all up in arms, I just didn't explain it apparently.

Last edited:
Comparing Harrison Barnes and Andrew Wiggins at this stage is apples and oranges. If you fell into the media hype and didn't know his strengths and deficiencies, then that's on you. He's by no means a finished product or near his ceiling. He shows flashes and plays in spurts right now. It's also November, so these overreactions are funny.
I wouldn't compare them as players but I thought the whole thing comes from both players having all that hype and not built to live up to it right away? and will look better in the NBA then they did in college

Back
Top Bottom