The College Basketball Post

I'm Canadian and ill say it right here, I've watched all of Kansas's games as they are broadcast here. He will be a threat in the NBA in the open court but he is grossly overrated and is useless besides a spin move in the half court. Yes he is only a freshman and he will get much better but this kid plays with no intensity, his post ups are so half assed and I feel my little sister is more aggressive. Athletically I see why he will one day surpass and be the better player but Julius Randle and Jabari Parker, Marcus Smart and Joel embiid have impressed me far more and seem far better at the moment.

Completely agree, except with your notion that it's basically a guarantee that Wiggins will end up being the better player just because of his athleticism.

The dude literally is absolutely useless on offense other than breakaway dunks and an occasional spin move. Sometimes he hits that awkward footwork stepback 15 foot jumper. I've heard people talk about how he has "LeBron-like potential" on defense because of his size and athleticism...I've seen this dude get blown by against dudes who will be lucky to be playing in China once their college career is done. And it seems like once they blow by him he just gives up and hopes Embiid bails him out.

Smart missing those free throws [emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji]
Good thing they missed too or else we would have been in trouble..
And in my opinion Brown is a pro.. He can score the ball and in the NBA that will get you in the door.:

I know its early, but Wiggins hasn't passed the eye test for me. The eye test isn't the most technically correct of judging someone, but it has worked for me in the past. This dude just looks like doesn't give a damn on the court

I remember people going hard at Barnes for not living up to expectations at UNC. Wiggins isn't even CLOSE to the player Barnes was in college.

Wiggins doesn't seem to have the hunger and sheer will to compete, let alone dominate.

I don't know if it is because he is still a boy, but it just isn't there. 

That is a big red flag IMO

You just know LeBron, KD, Kobe and the other superstars gotta be watching this kid's games and saying "THIS is the dude that's supposed to be the next big thing?"

I wanna be mad at Wiggins but it's not his fault for the hype - it's the media.

He's just nowhere near as good as people want him to be and it won't be his fault for the backlash he's going to get.

Y'all going to really sound stupid by the end of the season going into the draft I can promise that.

College, Kansas specifically isn't the best place for him to thrive.

Comparing Harrison Barnes and Andrew Wiggins at this stage is apples and oranges. If you fell into the media hype and didn't know his strengths and deficiencies, then that's on you. He's by no means a finished product or near his ceiling. He shows flashes and plays in spurts right now. It's also November, so these overreactions are funny.

Comparing Harrison Barnes and Andrew Wiggins at this stage is apples and oranges. If you fell into the media hype and didn't know his strengths and deficiencies, then that's on you. He's by no means a finished product or near his ceiling. He shows flashes and plays in spurts right now. It's also November, so these overreactions are funny.

"Instant gratification" this is what people in America suffer from. They want everything NOW.

Give the boy Wiggins time, he has only played like 7 college games haha. I guess patience is a virtue hard for most to grasp...

Last edited:
If your supposedly the consensus #1 pick, theirs no excuse for not dominating your competition on the college lvl, no way im taking him over jabari & smart in the draft

Yall do realize Wiggins plays with other lottery talent on his team right? Every play isn't being ran for him. Parker and Smart are the bonafide number one options on their respective teams so of course they"demand" it. Heck when Kansas played duke Wiggins demanded the ball every time down for like 6 straight minutes and they only gave it to him like 3 times. Stop over reacting

Yall do realize Wiggins plays with other lottery talent on his team right? Every play isn't being ran for him. Parker and Smart are the bonafide number one options on their respective teams so of course they"demand" it. Heck when Kansas played duke Wiggins demanded the ball every time down for like 6 straight minutes and they only gave it to him like 3 times. Stop over reacting

What does him playing with other supposed lottery talent have to do with him? We're not talking about his numbers, we're talking about his transparent lack of drive and killer instinct.

He just isn't cut from that same cloth as other bonafide superstars. Guys like Kobe, Lebron, Dirk, Wade, etc who have that kill mentality. You see it with Parker, Randle, and Smart, guys I would for sure take before Wiggins.

What does him playing with other supposed lottery talent have to do with him? We're not talking about his numbers, we're talking about his transparent lack of drive and killer instinct.

He just isn't cut from that same cloth as other bonafide superstars. Guys like Kobe, Lebron, Dirk, Wade, etc who have that kill mentality. You see it with Parker, Randle, and Smart, guys I would for sure take before Wiggins.

I'm saying you have to take those around him into account, not that you're wrong. However it isn't as easy to assert yourself when you have 3 other dudes who are attempting to do so. He coasts I agree but that doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have killer instinct. That's all I'm saying. And Bron just recently developed a sense of a killer instinct so he's not the greatest example

Last edited:
Buddy...please.

LeBron has been dominating everybody he's played against at every facet of the game since he was like 16.

Who are these other "three players" that are lottery level talents taking away from his touches? Embiid is the only one you can even put in that category right now and it's not like they're feeding him the ball every time down the court. Selden looks to pass the ball more than anything, he's too heavy and not explosive enough right now to get where he wants most the time.

I don't think you're even watching any of Wiggins games making these comments. "Hard to assert yourself"?....bro he's literally just standing in a corner most the time and when he does get the ball in a halfcourt situation he has zero go-to moves to do anything off the dribble. A lot of times he might be the easiest person to guard on the court for Kansas.

He was never thought to be a polished product offensively. So yes, let's harp on his offensive game, where he's still raw. "No go to moves." He's averaging 15 and 5, which is about where I thought he would be. Now the sky is falling in terms of his play?

He was never thought to be a polished product offensively. So yes, let's harp on his offensive game, where he's still raw. "No go to moves." He's averaging 15 and 5, which is about where I thought he would be. Now the sky is falling in terms of his play?

I see we finally have someone in here with perspective. Thank God!

Like you said, if you watched Wiggins in HS, this is Exactly what you'd expect. He's more prospect than finished product, but he does produce enough to warrant being labeled the best prospect available.

It's funny how the board turned on him. I remember a couple months back, dudes were saying he was better than Lebron on the HS level, and said Bron played a weak schedule in hs lol.

Most people really bought into the crazy hype, and are dissapointed. But if you peel back the onion and look at him long term, you'll see something special.

You hardly ever know what you're talking about period and your very first comment is no different. Bron did not come into the league with a killer instinct, and certainly didn't have it in high school. He was better than pretty much everyone in high school but wasn't out for blood, of course I'd expect to know that to a fuller extent than you. As far as Kansas they have 2 lottery level talents in Embiid and Selden. I didn't say they had 3 lottery players taking away his touches I said they had other players looking to assert themselves as well. And they do. Perry Ellis, Selden, Mason(at times) and Embiid(at times). Wiggins is taking 10 shots a game, Ellis Selden and Mason are all within a couple shots a game of him. For comparitive purposes Jabari take 15 shots a game, Hood and Quinn are both 5 shots behind him. Like I said he's the bonafide number 1 so of course he seems more demanding. Again, can Wiggins be more aggressive? Sure. But 6 games in he's not exactly as bad as you're painting him out to be.

Back
Top Bottom