The College Basketball Post

Lebron didnt have killer instinct :lol:

his very first college game he put up 25/5/5 against the Sacramento Kings when they were still at their best.

Exactly. So many people look past this. Son, at the age of 18 in his very first game put up that statline...

but he didnt have killer instinct? Ya'll kill me lmaooo

Wait... LeBron didn't have a Killer instinct until recently?!?! He didn't have it in H.S?!?! I mean I understand people like Drew and want him to be special, as a fan of the game i do to but this is getting rediculous.

Are we really sitting here debating this? Like he didn't completely end a players career at the age of 16... Like he didn't carry that weak *** St. V's squad against a D1 loaded Oak Hill squad..: like he didn't single HANDEDLY destroy multiple top 25 teams. I'm not even going to get into what he did with those Cleveland teams...

Short Term Memory is the downfall of most people. :smh:

Slow down Cake :lol:. When I'm saying killer instinct i'm talking like ending games, we are clearly meaning two different things. Bron didn't start his career being a closer, you can't say that about him now. That's what I meant. I brought up HS because while you guys were watching him I was actually playing with and against him, he'd dominate the beginning of the game and not close. No need to get all up in arms, I just didn't explain it apparently.

Ok we're on the same page now... I think that he showed flashes in which he closed games... those Cleveland Game against Boston & the one v Detroit where absolute door closers.

But you can't compare the two honeslty... Drew's first game post h.s on a major stage he had 17 & 10 against his peers... Bron had 25, 9ast, 6rebs and 4 steals against a nba power at the time. People should stop comparing them, he'll never meet those standards.

I don't even care about Wiggins skill set at this point. 

I just want to see him compete and play hard. 

I dont care about wiggins. He may be an alright pro but im in the mindset jabari is better than hell ever be. Right now.

I just wanna put it out there right now...if my Sixers draft Wiggins I'm gonna pull out every excuse in the book for the kid to make myself feel better atleast. Just disregard everything I said if that happens.

But til then I'll keep speakin dat real.

Any updates on why Whittington was kicked off the team?? I know the kid is a knucklehead but this is surprising. I really thought the kid was getting it together, hardly ever saw him out unlike the rest of the team.

And I have seen Andrew Wiggins play a couple of times in person and the kid does not assert himself enough kind of hangs around but has a lot of talent. I really felt people put too much pressure on the kid.

Part of where the disillusionment with Wiggins stems from is that there were built-in excuses for him in high school. It was always claimed that he didn't compete hard because the talent gap was so large between him and other high schoolers. Of course he had some great games at times and many highlight dunks.

The problem now is that he is playing with and against much better talent and size. We were waiting for this to motivate him so we could see him unleashed because he finally had a "reason" to do so.

Unfortunately he does not possess the mental makeup of a true competitor, someone who treats every game like it is the championship.

His athleticism is unreal. When I first saw him Darius Miles came to mind although I'm not sure he has the full complement of skills that even Miles had.

When he was making his college choice I really wanted him at UK, but only if it didn't cost us Randle. Wiggins would be the cherry on top for a highlight block or dunk, but players like Randle and Parker are workhorses.

Part of where the disillusionment with Wiggins stems from is that there were built-in excuses for him in high school. It was always claimed that he didn't compete hard because the talent gap was so large between him and other high schoolers. Of course he had some great games at times and many highlight dunks.

The problem now is that he is playing with and against much better talent and size. We were waiting for this to motivate him so we could see him unleashed because he finally had a "reason" to do so.

Unfortunately he does not possess the mental makeup of a true competitor, someone who treats every game like it is the championship.

His athleticism is unreal. When I first saw him Darius Miles came to mind although I'm not sure he has the full complement of skills that even Miles had.

When he was making his college choice I really wanted him at UK, but only if it didn't cost us Randle. Wiggins would be the cherry on top for a highlight block or dunk, but players like Randle and Parker are workhorses.

Agree.

Agree.

Agree.

Agree.

Agree.

Wow, so much nonsense pasted over this past page or so, keep that **** in the NBA thread. Wiggins = Derrick Rose at Memphis right now. Watching Jabari sometime strugle with actually NBA bodies in front of him last night reaffirmed to me why Wiggins is no. 1. Look at Paul George developlment, it will come for Wiggins, kid is still really young.

Alright, you win. He stinks and all he can do is one one none fast breaks. Glad to have your insight. 

Amp, you know what Whittington did? He'd fit in over here with Mick and the boys. :nerd:

Yea, I don't feel comfortable telling the whole story over the internet though and airing out a kid like that.

didnt Lebron shatter the back board at that ABCD camp? That the rumor I heard. One of my favorite shows growing up.

didn't know kwame was suppose to go to Florida

imagine if JR ended up at UNC 
laugh.gif

Wow, so much nonsense pasted over this past page or so, keep that **** in the NBA thread. Wiggins = Derrick Rose at Memphis right now. Watching Jabari sometime strugle with actually NBA bodies in front of him last night reaffirmed to me why Wiggins is no. 1. Look at Paul George developlment, it will come for Wiggins, kid is still really young.

Alright, you win. He stinks and all he can do is one one none fast breaks. Glad to have your insight. 

Amp, you know what Whittington did? He'd fit in over here with Mick and the boys. :nerd:

Yea, I don't feel comfortable telling the whole story over the internet though and airing out a kid like that.

The thing is you DONT KNOW that it will happen. It's all speculation. He could very well end up being more James White than PG. The problem is that you all fail to accept that as a potential reality and talk down to people who acknowledge it.

Too many overreactions right now. Drew has been battling the flu, the game against Wake you could tell he felt like absolute ****. Embiid is a top 10 pick, Selden is a lottery guy.

We've known Drew doesn't have that killer instinct quite yet but to sit here and down a kid cause he's playing team ball instead of selfish, chucking ball is ridiculous. Had he gone to UK he would be putting up the same stats. FSU is the only school that he would've been asked to put up 20 night in and night out. AMP is spot on about D Rose at Memphis, it's November for God's sake.

Duke related; until we add dre or Matt jones in the starting lineup we will continue to have problems. Teams know Rodney and Jabari are the only scorers in that starting lineup and they can collapse on drives, double them. Adding a shooter will prevent that.

Rasheed, get it together man

I feel like in recent memory, the NBA scouts usually get it right when it comes to those consensus prospects the come every 6-7 years like Wiggins is being deemed as.

The thing is you DONT KNOW that it will happen. It's all speculation. He could very well end up being more James White than PG. The problem is that you all fail to accept that as a potential reality and talk down to people who acknowledge it.

Hm. Sounds like what most of these NTers do for every topic on this site.

Any updates on why Whittington was kicked off the team?? I know the kid is a knucklehead but this is surprising. I really thought the kid was getting it together, hardly ever saw him out unlike the rest of the team.

dude is a ****-boy

Last edited:
Except scouting is so much better now, there is no way in ******g hell (injuries aside) Wiggins ends up like James White. Come on, he is better as a Freshman right than James White :lol:

Lot of you all will look foolish come March, its still ******g November for Christ sake.

As far as Greg, its safe to say he's not the smartest tool in the shed. G-town wasn't the right environment for him I think its safe to say. Whenever he plays in the future though, I'm sure hell have a huge year

Last edited:
Except scouting is so much better now, there is no way in ******g hell (injuries aside) Wiggins ends up like James White. Come on, he is better as a Freshman right than James White
laugh.gif

Lot of you all will look foolish come March, its still ******g November for Christ sake.
Wouldn't be surprised if you were the one with egg on your face though.

Not saying he'll be James White but it's not really that unfair to say he hasn't lived up to the hype. Yeah the hype was excessive, but it is what it is.

i'm just mad yall equating athleticism to nba dominance.....plenty of athletic bums floating around the league...

Yup.

I just don't see any type of real pure basketball moves that the dude does that can carry on to the next level. You guys are comparing him to D-Rose at Memphis....nah Rose showed the explosiveness to the basket, the crossover, the speed in the open court, the floater and the heart he plays with every game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom