The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I want to apologize to Chase Budinger for what happened Saturday night. I never meant to step on him

WHAT? what a goddamn liar, that was the most intentional thing i've ever seen.. kid should be suspended for about 10 games if you ask me, it was a completely classless thing to do and he's lucky he didn't actually hurt Chase there in what looked like a much uglier thing than it apparently was.

Then to say it wasn't intentional in your apology? get out of here... i'd kick that kid off my team if i were the coach, just completely classless.

I know right
laugh.gif
Any idiot with a brain can tell that he looked down at Chase and then stepped on his face on purpose. No way around that. Hejust made himself look ******ed with that statement. I don't care how great of a kid he is to coach or how wonderful a human being he is, he did that !$%*on purpose
laugh.gif

From bigeast.org:

Pittsburgh forward Sam Young and USF forward Augustus Gilchrist have been chosen as the recipients of the BIG EAST weekly men's basketball honors through games of Sunday, Jan. 26.

Young was chosen as BIG EAST Player of the Week after he averaged 22.0 points and 6.0 rebounds and shot 61.5 percent from the field and 83.3 percent from the free throw line as Pittsburgh registered wins against Syracuse (78-60) and West Virginia (79-67). He scored 19 of his game-high 22 points in the second half against No. 8/8 Syracuse and had 16 second-half points in the win at West Virginia.

Gilchrist was tabbed as BIG EAST Rookie of the Week for the first time. Gilchrist returned to the starting lineup and averaged 17.0 points and 9.0 rebounds in a 1-1 week for the Bulls. He had 16 points with 11 rebounds in a 70-61 win against DePaul and scored 18 points with seven boards in a 70-61 loss against No. 20/21 Villanova. Gilchrist is averaging 10.8 points and 5.0 rebounds on the season.

BIG EAST Honor Roll
Jeff Adrien, Connecticut, F, Sr.
Averaged 12.0 points and 16.5 rebounds in a 2-0 week. Had double-doubles in wins against Villanova and Notre Dame.

Terrence Williams, Louisville, F, Sr.
Averaged 19.0 points, 10.0 rebounds and 4.5 steals and shot 57.1 percent from the field in a 2-0 week.

Paris Horne, St. John's, G, So.
Averaged 23.5 points and shot 78.3 percent from the field in a 1-1 week. Scored 27 points on 12-of-13 shooting against Rutgers.

Robert Mitchell, Seton Hall, F, Jr.
Averaged 20.0 points, 7.0 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 2.0 blocks in a 1-1 week. Had 20 points and seven rebounds in both games.

Da'Sean Butler, West Virginia, F, Jr.
Averaged 24.0 points and 7.0 rebounds in a 1-1 week. Had 27 points and eight rebounds in win at Georgetown and 21 points in loss to Pitt.
All that matters
pimp.gif

Damn, no Cuse players... Not surprised though.

And for those who missed it:
C-USA suspends Coleman 1 game

Houston junior guard Aubrey Coleman received a one-game suspension on Monday for stepping on the face of Arizona's Chase Budinger on Saturday.

Conference USA commissioner Britton Banowsky announced the penalty, saying that "instances of flagrant misconduct require suspension."

Coleman, the team's second-leading scorer at 18.1 points per game, was ejected from the contest with 9:51 left in the second half. Arizona rallied for a 96-90 win in overtime.

Coleman expressed regret on Sunday.

"I want to apologize to Chase Budinger for what happened Saturday night. I never meant to step on him," Coleman said in a statement issued by the school. "I have never been in an incident like this before, and I have nothing but respect for him as a great player.

"I love the game too much to do something like that intentionally. I want to say I am sorry from the bottom of my heart," Coleman said. "I know that God knows what is in my heart, but I am hopeful that Chase will understand and forgive."

Coleman will serve his suspension on Wednesday when Houston plays UTEP.

Originally Posted by jville819

Who is the one NTer that plays for Marquette

I didn't know it was confirmed, but I think I know who it is. Not sure though.

j dot = Burke

Yeah, I had it in black and was JUST about to delete it cuz I didn't know if he wanted ppl to know or not.
laugh.gif

Updated: January 26, 2009, 7:17 PM ET
[h2]Web site launches fourth tourney[/h2]
Comment http://sendtofriend.espn....0announced&id=3862566','sendtofriend','noresizable,noscrollbars,width=400,height=500');return false;">Email Print
Associated Press

BOSTON -- A new men's postseason basketball tournament has been scheduled in March by CollegeInsider.com for 16 teams not chosen for the NCAA and NIT tournaments.

It was announced Monday that the single-elimination tournament will be held at campus sites with teams chosen by a 14-member committee that includes nine former college head coaches.

To be eligible, teams must have a winning record against Division I opponents. Priority will be given to schools whose conferences have fewer than half their teams in the NCAA and NIT. CollegeInsider.com said the NCAA and National Association of Basketball Coaches have been consulted and are aware of the tournament guidelines.

Another 16-team tournament, the College Basketball Invitational, began last year with Tulsa beating Bradley in the best-of-three championship series.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

eyes.gif
turning into college football now... 4 post season tourneys? really?
grin.gif

[h2]Jones out for year with right hip injury[/h2]
Comment http://sendtofriend.espn....862440&title=Syracuse\'s%20Jones%20done%20for%20year%20with%20hip%20injury&id=3862440','sendtofriend','noresizable,noscrollbars,width=400,height=500');return false;">Email Print
Associated Press

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Syracuse freshman forward Mookie Jones will miss the rest of the season with a right hip injury.

The 6-foot-6 Jones, a top recruit from Peekskill, N.Y., is expected to have surgery in the near future, according to Syracuse athletic communications director Pete Moore. Jones had been receiving treatment for the injury, which Moore said was not related to one particular play.

Jones appeared in only nine of the 15th-ranked Orange's 21 games and had not played in the past five. He had a season-high nine points against Colgate in early December and totaled 37 points, 12 rebounds, five steals, four assists and two blocks in 89 minutes.

The university is expected to apply to the NCAA for a medical redshirt, Moore said.

Had to be in practice because he gets no burn. I doubt the university gets a redshirt for him. Devendorf, Rautins and Onuaku have all receivedone. I think the NCAA denies SU this time.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Gody is beasting.
smh.gif

I dislike ND but man, they are a dangerous team.
only at home.

They got this tho.

dacomeup, you know of any alternative than ESPN360 to watch wednesday? Sny? MSG? Anythin
ohwell.gif

Good look RellNye.
I just gotta figure out what I wanna do with myself but Cuse seems to be an option. One last thing, how much you paying a semester?

McNeal is doin' his thing.

Blake Griffin show at 9.

Yea Rell goes hard on both end of the court.

Sidenote I just saw the chick from Louisville do a rock the cradle lay up on the break
eek.gif
classic %@!+ I tell you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Sidenote I just saw the chick from Louisville do a rock the cradle lay up on the break
eek.gif
classic %@!+ I tell you
laugh.gif

word to my momma the little %!@% you say in makes me laugh in real life. IDK why o_0

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

dacomeup, you know of any alternative than ESPN360 to watch wednesday? Sny? MSG? Anythin
ohwell.gif

I haven't seen anything. It looks like 360 it is.
ohwell.gif
sick.gif

I can't really tell you that... but I can tell you that Mya Moore is The %*@$%$+ Truth!!! She reminds me of Tamika Catchings.
pimp.gif

But McCouthry really did that %@+# G, On Purpose Too At That
laugh.gif

(I do consider myself to be pretty humerous tho)

Yo, Maya is definitely nice.

But Courtney Paris is a got-damn BEAST.

Makes no sense how that girl is more rugged in the paint than some NBA players.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom