The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by BabyfacedAssassin31

The Cuse are so inconsistent right now one game they blowin a team out the next they really strugglein,the Big East conference is tough this year and the whole ACC Big East argument is pointless really 2 different styles of play they about even.

The referees in college ball are getting as inconsistent as NBA refs tha 2 games tonight were awfully officiated since when is it a taunting tech if u dont get up in the guys face Paul Harris plays with pasion n I dont think he over stepped the mark he had every right to be upset there was alot of other dubious calls to.

The Kansas home bias from the refs was dreadfull they were gettin crazy calls I hate to see that ina game let the players decide the outcome yea A&M were outmatched but the refs made it alot harder for them.

I hope come Conference tourny n NCAA tourny refs are letting them play n not callin crap ticky tac fouls.

Peace
Scottie
A&M shot 4 more free throws than KU and KU was called for 1 more foul than them.

I'd say the difference could be that they shot 32% from the field....or that they turned the ball over 20 times.

indifferent.gif

ALL-FRESHMAN TEAM; CONFERENCE FROSH OF YEAR PICKS
Jan 20, 2009 | 9:28AM | report this
I offered to let my wife, Melissa, write a blog entry if she got a game off me in Wii tennis - and she ended up getting her first two games two nights ago - but still came up short in the best-of-five set. Now she just told me she has tennis shoulder (I guess it's a form of tennis elbow or something).

So, anyway, I'm not sure if she'll take me up on the opportunity to write a blog, but we'll see.

With my Player of the Year Race coming out today, I figured I'd release my latest All-Freshman Team - and also give out mid-season Frosh of the Year honors in each conference:

SF - Gordon Hayward, Butler

BF -Al-Farouq Aminu, Wake Forest

C - Greg Monroe, Georgetown

PG - Courtney Fortson, Arkansas

SG - Willie Warren, Oklahoma

ACC - Al-Farouq Aminu, Wake Forest - 12.8 ppg, 8.8 rpg
Big 12 - Willie Warren, Oklahoma - 15.5 ppg, 2.9 apg
Big East - Greg Monroe, Georgetown - 13.2 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 2.8 apg, 1.8 bpg
Big Ten - Matt Gatens, Iowa - 10.7 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 55% 3-pointers
Pac-10 - Isaiah Thomas, Washington - 15.8 ppg, 3.2 apg
SEC - Courtney Fortson, Arkansas - 14.7 ppg, 6.4 apg, 5.3 rpg

America East - Bryan Dougher, Stony Brook - 11.8 ppg, 43% 3-pointers
Atlantic Sun - Lorne Merthie, Campbell - 8.1 ppg, 2.8 apg, 37% 3-pointers
A-10 - Andrew Nicholson, St. Bonaventure - 12.6 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 3.2 bpg
Big Sky - Kyle Bullinger, Weber State - 9.2 ppg, 4.9 rpg
Big South - Seth Curry, Liberty - 20.8 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 40% 3-pointers
Big West - Jacques Streeter, CS Fullerton - 11.2 ppg, 4.1 apg, 52% 3-pointers
Colonial - Julius Wells, James Madison - 11.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 41% 3-pointers
C-USA - Tyreke Evans, Memphis - 17.2 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 3.8 apg
Horizon - Gordon Hayward, Butler - 13.0 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 48% 3-pointers
Ivy - Doug Davis, Princeton - 13.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 38% 3-pointers
MAAC - Scott Machado, Iona - 9.3 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 3.7 apg
Mid-American - Jarrod Jones, Ball State - 11.1 ppg, 6.5 rpg
MEAC - C.J. Reed, Bethune-Cookman - 14.8 ppg, 4 apg
Missouri Valley - Johnny Moran, Northern Iowa - 10.3 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.4 apg
Mountain West - Afam Muojeke, Mountain West - 15.1 ppg, 3.9 rpg
Northeast - Julian Boyd, Long Island - 8.1 ppg, 5.5 rpg
Ohio Valley - Ivan Aska, Murray State - 9.8 ppg, 5.9 rpg
Patriot - R.J. Evans, Holy Cross - 12.9 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.7 spg
Southern - Harouna Mutombo, Western Carolina - 14.5 ppg, 4.9 rpg
Southland - Fred Hunter, Nicholls State - 11.9 ppg, 3.8 rpg
SWAC - Michael Griffin, Prairie View A&M - 9.8 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 2.4 apg
Summit - Alex Young, IUPUI - 12.8 ppg, 3.7 rpg
Sun Belt - Freddy Asprilla, Florida International - 13.2 ppg, 8.6 rpg
WCC - Kevin Foster, Santa Clara - 13.2 ppg, 37% 3-pointer
WAC - Luke Babbitt, Nevada - 15.7 ppg, 7.8 rpg

HOLLAND GOES FULL 60 MINUTES

Boston University's sophomore John Holland was at dinner celebrating a quadruple-overtime win against Stony Brook last night in which he didn't come off the court for the entire 60 minutes.

``I'm definitely a little tired," said Holland, who finished with 29 points and seven boards in the win. ``It was a battle. I was just looking for ways to stay energetic and motivated."

``I'm never going to ask to leave a game, though," he added.

It was actually the second 4OT game in the program's history. BU lost, 97-95, against Holy Cross on Jan. 13, 1964 in four overtimes.

BU junior guard Corey Lowe was actually held scoreless in the first half and attempted just one shot before halftime, but wound up scoring 12 points in the second half and erupting for 21 in the four overtimes - including seven in the fourth OT - to finish with a game-high 33 points.

Stony Brook got 15 points and 17 rebounds from Tommy Brenton.

The win improved the Terriers record to 8-9 overall and 3-2 in America East play.

``It was a big win - for our confidence," Holland said. "Especially coming off a big win two days ago. We refused to lose."
RANDOM NOTES: The field for the Old Sports Classic was announced: Xavier, Alabama, Baylor, Creighton, Florida State, Iona, Marquette and Michigan will be in the Nov. 26-29 event down in Orlando. … Radford and VMI will play with first place in the Big South on the line on Wednesday night. Radford is the first team since Birmingham-Southern in 2005-06 to win six straight league games by 10 or more points. … Talk about a brutal schedule: Temple has played just three of its first 16 games on its home floor. The Owls (9-7) will get three of the next four at home. … Southern Illinois' Torres Roundtree has landed at the College of Southern Idaho. … If Northern Iowa beats Bradley at home, the Panthers will be guaranteed at least a first-place tie at the midway point of the Missouri Valley slate. Since 1991-92, all 26 MVC teams that have been either tied or in sole possession of first place have reached the postseason - including 21 of the 26 reaching the NCAA tournament. … Florida Atlantic's Mike Jarvis and Arkansas State's John Brady will meet for the first time Saturday. … The Sun Belt has also moved its conference tournament to a neutral site for just the third time in 32 years. The league has signed a three-year deal for the tourney to be held in Hot Springs, Ark.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

I'm enjoying this Depaul/USF game.

Dar is sooo athletic

pimp.gif
Dar was a beast in HS, saw him a few times. Always smiling, havin'a good time, dunking and draining 3s on dudes. Does he still justliterally stand in the lane on defense and guard anyone who happens to cut near him, when the entire rest of his team is playing essentially 4-on-5? He wouldalways get like 14-15 rebounds a game, because he was always 4 feet from the hoop on D lol....

Henderson is flat-out balling out of his mind right now. Henderson vs. James Johnson/L.D. Williams in a week?
sick.gif
pimp.gif
I'm expecting some serious yamming.

_____

can somebody tell me why John Wall is considering going to State? they're decent, but after this year, they'll have NOBODY. hometown loyalty I guess...

His teammate CJ Leslie is NC State bound as well..

he's 2010...so I don't know how much that factors in.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

PSU just clobbered Michigan tonight... hard to believe that's the same UM team that beat Dukies.
Belein's still a genius.
laugh.gif
is that sarcasm or do you actually like him? i thinkhe's pretty gimmicky personally, but he gets the most out of his talent generally speaking.

Gerald has kicked it to a whole different level and at the right time. Hopefully he keeps it up the conference play

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

PSU just clobbered Michigan tonight... hard to believe that's the same UM team that beat Dukies.
Past three games we've ice cold and we've gotten destroyed on the inside. We need a big man terribly. Add to that we're still ayoung team. I still don't know what to think, if we could at least defend home court we should make the tourney but the Big Ten is pretty tough this year. If we can at least beat the spartys I would be happy.

I think he's incredibly overrated and gets all the praise in the world after upsets but then then the media is never around to talk about these type ofperformances.

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

can somebody tell me why John Wall is considering going to State? they're decent, but after this year, they'll have NOBODY. hometown loyalty I guess...
well his mom is really sick so I don't think he wants to leave the state ..

It's difficult not to feel empathy for Ron Steele.

At the close of the 2005-06 season, the Alabama standout was considered arguably the top point guard in the nation - and a certain first-round pick.

However, numerous knee injuries forced him to miss part of the 2006-07 campaign and sit out all of last season while rehabbing. He finally looked to be back tohis old form when he put up 23 points and 10 assists a few weeks ago in a win against Georgia Tech.

Now his career is over. Steele has decided to forgo the rest of his senior campaign.

Alabama coach Mark Gottfried made the announcement on Monday night.

Steele, who was averaging 12.9 points and 3.7 assists this season, has missed the past two games with plantar fascitis.

"This is a very difficult time for Ron as his injuries have been very unfortunate and difficult for him," Alabama coach Mark Gottfried said in astatement. "I'll always be indebted to his contributions to our program and the University of Alabama and wish him the very best in his futureendeavors."

Steele, who was considered one of the nation's top point guards two years ago, still finished his career as one of just two players with more than 1,000points and 400 assists. He's also one of the classiest kids in the country.

^ yeah man that's terrible for him.
although I would have liked to see him stick around the team .. he'll probably disappear for a little and then rejoin them.

ON TAP: Here are a few quality games tonight in various leagues: Big East: Villanova at UConn; ACC: Clemson at North Carolina; Pac-10: Arizona State atArizona; CAA: George Mason at Northeastern; Missouri Valley: Bradley at Northern Iowa; Mountain West: UNLV at BYU

Back
Top Bottom