The College Basketball Post

roll.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

This guy Allen happy as +%!+ about his new job.

_ You pick up basketballs at the YMCA

Stop fronting.
Probably make more than JRose.

Allen I'm down for a BET NT Summit. Hopefully tickets won't be too much.

laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]ESPN/USA Today Poll[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 1. Wake Forest (25) 16-0 769[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2. Duke (6) 16-1 747[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 3. Connecticut 16-1 688[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 4. Pittsburgh 16-1 679[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 5. Oklahoma 17-1 649[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 6. North Carolina 16-2 643[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 7. Michigan State 15-2 566[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 8. Syracuse 17-2 520[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 9. Clemson 16-1 472[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10. Marquette 16-2 469[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11. UCLA 14-3 443[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12. Louisville 13-3 377[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13. Xavier 15-2 360[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14. Georgetown 12-4 349[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15. Texas 13-4 344[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16. Arizona State 15-3 337[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17. Butler 16-1 332[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18. Purdue 14-4 193[/td] [/tr][tr][td]19. Notre Dame 12-5 180[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20. Minnesota 16-2 154[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21. Villanova 14-3 152[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22. Saint Mary's 17-1 134[/td] [/tr][tr][td]23. Baylor 14-3 82[/td] [/tr][tr][td]24. Illinois 15-3 72[/td] [/tr][tr][td]25. Memphis 14-3 72[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Others Receiving Votes
California 65, Florida 52, Gonzaga 35, Utah State 31, Ohio State 22, Brigham Young 22, Dayton 16, Missouri 13, Kentucky 12, Davidson 9, Kansas 3, West Virginia 3, Washington 2, Miami (FL) 2, Florida State 2, Arkansas 2, Michigan 1.
Dropped From Rankings
California 23, Michigan 24. [/td] [/tr][/table]

laugh.gif

pulling pictures off facebook now?

Danny Green got yammed on yet again against Miami, but he had some sick blocks too. I think he is becoming my favorite player on this team. I can easily seehim being the best NBA player out of the bunch as well.

thank god Duke didn't slide into first... nothing against the dukies, i just can't stand the slobbing over them by the media when they get in thatspot.

I think it was a fairly easy choice for those that pick the polls. I mean Wake is the last undefeated team left and they have some very solid wins on theirschedule so far.

Not discrediting what Duke has done and the wins they have, its just that they have that one loss...

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

laugh.gif

pulling pictures off facebook now?
Word.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Is that really Dre?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Lighweight

embarassed.gif
frown.gif

Danny Green got yammed on yet again against Miami, but he had some sick blocks too. I think he is becoming my favorite player on this team. I can easily see him being the best NBA player out of the bunch as well.
Very easliy. He's the one out of the core w/ the best combination of Size, Athleticism and Skill to make the transition.

I have a good feeling about A&M going into Lawrence and stealing one tonight...we're the only Big Xii South team that's ever done it, I think wecan do it again.

And just to clarify: Realistically, I'm not expecting a win...but this is probably the best year to be able to go into Lawrence and steal a win, and Ithink we match up pretty well. Kansas opened at 10 point favorites...

High School Showcase from Springfield is on ESPNU now

Mater Dei and Whitney Young about to play

St Benedicts just got done...Tristan Thompson is very legit

edit...wrong, Lance and Lincoln about to play...mater dei game follows that up.

laugh.gif
Dre

As Lance goes Lincoln goes....he didn't play well against Triche and JD. They lost.

For tonight we need to try to get Blair in some kind of foul trouble or at least contain him on the boards. AO and Rick need to play well. But I like our guardmatchups. They better not go on some G'Town @!@% and start making 3's.

Lincoln just blows in general...never seen such bad D.

All these bums do are reach and go for steals.

Embarrasing NYC.

Juicy J 32 wrote:
Danny Green got yammed on yet again against Miami, but he had some sick blocks too. I think he is becoming my favorite player on this team. I can easily see him being the best NBA player out of the bunch as well.
LONG ISLAND!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but for real I've been saying his game is slept on. He does a little bit of everything well.

Dre, my dude, take that +%%+*+$ sticker off your fitted you idiot.
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

PH2008070303601.jpg

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. --Here's the latest on Lance Stephenson, who just scored 24 points in a 67-54 loss to DeMarcus Cousins and LeFlore (Ala.) at the Hoophall Classic.

The 6-5 Stephenson said he would like to visit four schools: USC, St. John's, Kansas and Memphis. He has taken an unofficial to St. John's and watched the Johnnies play UConn last week at Madison Square Garden.

Stephenson also said three other schools were trying to get involved: Georgia Tech, Wake Forest and Georgetown.

"I'm worrying about these [first four] schools right now and I'm still looking at it," he said.

He also said he's taken the SAT and is fully qualified.

"I'm qualified," he said.

Stephenson said he would visit the schools in the spring and then talk it over.

"There's going to be a family talk," he said.

CALIPARI WATCHES COUSINS
Demarcus-Cousins-788042.JPG

Memphis head coach John Calipari was in the house to watch the 6-11 Cousins, who initially committed to UAB but now is considering Memphis along with N.C. State, Virginia Tech, Washington and Kansas State.

"Memphis is on the list but I'm still wide open," he said. "I'm trying to see who's interested in me, but as of right now me and Memphis have the best relationship."

Asked if he noticed that Calipari attended, Cousins said, "Oh, I noticed. It means a lot. I see that he's there interested in me. And I'm interested in them."

Asked what he likes about Memphis, Cousins said, "Getting up and down freestyle, free style of play and just a great coach."

Cousins also speaks regularly with Memphis commit Xavier Henry, whose Putnam City (Ok.) team lost earlier in the day to St. Benedict's.

"We talk almost every day and he is hyped that I'm interested in the school. But it would be fun to play with Xavier," Cousins said.

Cousins wanted a commitment in writing from UAB that he could get out of his commitment if Mike Davis left as coach, but they did not agree.

"They just wasn't having it," he said. "They didn't agree to it."

Asked if he was still considering UAB, he said:

"I have nothing to do with UAB but I do have a relationship with coach Davis and if he gets another job I'll be considering them," he said.

Cousins will wait to decide "after the season."

First I've heard of Lance and G'Town since the USA trials..

but not surprising at this time. Long shot. but the staff tends to move in silence

So i realize the focus of this thread has always been mens CBB but I was wondering if anyone was planning on catching the UCONN women take on the UNC women tonight in the battle of #1 vs #2, respectively.

Who do think will win?

Back
Top Bottom