The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by RellNye

Originally Posted by tmay407

smh.gif
Putting this game on ESPN 2 instead of ESPN.
Certainly you weren't expecting ESPN airtime over Duke...? ESPN2 has a nice little rivalries lineup tonight...Syracuse @ Georgetown at 7:30 (will be in HD), Baylor @ Texas A&M at 9:30.

Hopefully we get another 5 OT thriller down in College Station...
No I wasn't but who wants to see a mediocre ACC game when you could see possibly one of the best games of the season.

I'm just waiting for the Valentine's Day Massacre.
wink.gif

Stop that. The game should be on ESPN because of the deep rooted rivalry and that's that. I don't see it being one of the best games this season butif it is I'll come in here and give my apologies.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by tmay407

smh.gif
Putting this game on ESPN 2 instead of ESPN.
Certainly you weren't expecting ESPN airtime over Duke...? ESPN2 has a nice little rivalries lineup tonight...Syracuse @ Georgetown at 7:30 (will be in HD), Baylor @ Texas A&M at 9:30.

Hopefully we get another 5 OT thriller down in College Station...
No I wasn't but who wants to see a mediocre ACC game when you could see possibly one of the best games of the season.

I'm just waiting for the Valentine's Day Massacre.
wink.gif

Stop that. The game should be on ESPN because of the deep rooted rivalry and that's that. I don't see it being one of the best games this season but if it is I'll come in here and give my apologies.

Key word is possibly Mr. Dukonn.

You may remember that when Bobby Maze picked Tennessee this summer as his college choice, he said, "Tennessee is a Ferrari, Kentucky is a Range Rover." That obviously stuck with the players, because Patrick Patterson's Facebook status after the game said this:
"Jodie Meeks is like a Ferrari, Bobby Maze is like a Honda…. U do the math."

pimp.gif

^
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Tonight I got 'Cuse over GTown, with Michigan bred ED hittin' some big threes. Duke, Wake, Pitt all roll, and of course MSU rolls at Penn St. Gottakeep Battle in check though. I'm saying Favors to GTech also, especially since he's announcing on the ESPN network, right before a nationally televisedGTech game... the timing is right.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

You may remember that when Bobby Maze picked Tennessee this summer as his college choice, he said, "Tennessee is a Ferrari, Kentucky is a Range Rover." That obviously stuck with the players, because Patrick Patterson's Facebook status after the game said this:
"Jodie Meeks is like a Ferrari, Bobby Maze is like a Honda…. U do the math."
pimp.gif

Ohhhh No Pat is doing it
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

I'll be heavily surprised if Georgetown don't win tonight. That is if they feed Monroe though.

Really? Becuase were better then last year, when we destroyed them. I don't expect that again. But this is the best our defense has been in a while. Likeyou guys want Jonny and Paul to beat you. We need to make you guys shoot jumpers. We can't Summers going to the rim. Need to make him shoot.

We should be worried about Monoroe passing in the post though. AO can't play a lick of D. So guys are going to have to rotate to the block when he catchesin there.If we need to go man I think we match up well except AO again. We'll have to double down. on that.

Jonny is going to have to shoot and be ready to. If Devo and Rautins get going early it'll help us a lot. This is Devos kind of game. I expect a lot fromhim. A few threes from Andy are big. Any kind of foul trouble that AO can get on Monroe is a +.

At the spread tonight.
laugh.gif
we ain't that ++++*$% bad

LETS GO!
pimp.gif

Tidbit on LaQuinton Ross. It would be huge if 'Cuse was able to get this kid out of the south. I would be surprised to see him play outside of the SEC orACC personally.

One of the nation's elite sophomores told the local paper, the Clarion Ledger, that Syracuse is in great shape.

"Probably Syracuse (is the leader)," Ross told the paper. "I've been wanting to go to that school and now they're ranked high. I like how they handle their players. They run and I like to run. I like USC, too."

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

laugh.gif
sounds about right to me. no offense.

Really? I would think that since G'Town has been dropping some games and the two teams are pretty close it would be lower.

But Doris Burke and Dave O Brian tonight.

sick.gif

laugh.gif
sounds about right to me. no offense.
laugh.gif

I am just a fan. I think we should be favored.

Doesn't matter...I still expect we win by 6

Couldn't we get Bilas or someone. ++#+ them O' Brian sucks

laugh.gif
Dave O Brian and Doris Burke.

That is an insult to Cuse and G'Town

I feel bad for guys in the West Coast like Harden. He gets no pub.

Well outside the BE and ACC. Not many guys do.

Originally Posted by HalfwayCROOK

laugh.gif

Problem is the TV contracts... pac-10 is still almost primarily showing games on Fox Sports, and a lot of it is regional.. whereas all the otherconferences are on espn/abc/cbs regularly, or big ten network now (which i can't believe other conferences havent followed their model exactly the same wayyet)... ESPN isn't gonna hype up a player they don't ever get to show on their networks... so that's just how it's gonna be for the pac-10until they get on a bigger network.

laugh.gif

Problem is the TV contracts... pac-10 is still almost primarily showing games on Fox Sports, and a lot of it is regional.. whereas all the other conferences are on espn/abc/cbs regularly, or big ten network now (which i can't believe other conferences havent followed their model exactly the same way yet)... ESPN isn't gonna hype up a player they don't ever get to show on their networks... so that's just how it's gonna be for the pac-10 until they get on a bigger network.

Damn. Do they even get at the analyst like Bobby Knight and Gottlieb?

Or can those guys kind of put anyone they want out their for POY. Becuase I really haven't heard one guy name Harden.

laugh.gif

Problem is the TV contracts... pac-10 is still almost primarily showing games on Fox Sports, and a lot of it is regional.. whereas all the other conferences are on espn/abc/cbs regularly, or big ten network now (which i can't believe other conferences havent followed their model exactly the same way yet)... ESPN isn't gonna hype up a player they don't ever get to show on their networks... so that's just how it's gonna be for the pac-10 until they get on a bigger network.

Damn. Do they even get at the analyst like Bobby Knight and Gottlieb?

Or can those guys kind of put anyone they want out their for POY. Becuase I really haven't heard one guy name Harden.
Most of the guys who really follow the sport know what's up with guys like Harden... Gottlieb definitely follows the west coast (his brotherwas/is? a coach at SDSU and he's got some ties out there), and guys like Katz, Bilas, etc... they all follow the game pretty nationally. But somebody likeKnight, or even a Dickie V and Mike Patrick... they dont' know anything outside of east coast basketball for the most part. And that definitely hurtsHarden (and others) chances at winning awards like POTY.

Somewhat related note... the MWC/MVC is a great conference challenge.

Do people really have Syracuse over Georgetown tonight? Maybe because I'm not sold on Syracuse yet and I just think Georgetown's top 5 istalent-wise one of the best in the country.
That zone is gonna disrupt them a bit though, so I don't know.

I'm interested to see how Greg adjusts to that zone cause if he can knock down that foul shot distance jumper and find people on the backdoor between thebackline gaps in that zone then he's gonna eat like a king. And if Summers and Sapp are knocking down their outside shots then I think it's a nocontest.

Regardless of how good Duke has been playing, G-Tech still got me shook. And no that ain't no jinx James
laugh.gif

*hopes Favors goes to SEC, would be some good matchups*

still can't believe Meeks did 54 on 22 shots
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom