The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by hampisaboss

DaComeUP wrote:

hampisaboss wrote:

DaComeUP wrote:

Cincy
smh.gif
tired.gif
. .Sometimes I just don't know how I am even able to watch every game. We have the lowest collective basketball IQ in the BE, in addition to being horrible on defense.

How long do u think Mick is gonna last

Mick is safe for 2 more years IMO. Next year, we have to make the NCAAs though with Cash back and getting Ibrahima Thomas in the lineup. The recruits that Mick pulls in the 2010 class that is loaded. I'd love to see Adreian Payne and Jalen Kendrick as Bearcats , but when we are starting to pull crowds of 6,000 per night then you have to wonder how can you get big name players to even want to play at your school. (Unless boosters are tossing money at the families, which UC hasn't been known for.) It seems like Mock had better gameplans last year with a less talented team IMO. This team has far more talent and athleticism, yet we sit in zones while Marquette shoots our eyes out and then also plan zone at times against UCONN. I just don't get it.

I agree... The effort the team gives sucks let alone Micks schemes sucks too.. I feel bad for the city of Cincy cuz yal are so passionate about Bearcat Basketball. Have u seen Tyree Evans killin at Kent State? I know UC is salty he and Deonta are not the backcourt...Maybe Mick should get the Lexus Dealership poppin like use to Huggs so he can get some big time recruits
laugh.gif

Word. Eric Hicks and Jason Maxiel were riding around town with Lexus' with 20's on them like it wasn't nothing. Those were the good ol' dayswith Huggs. %%@%!
frown.gif

YO!

You suckas are disgusting...

Throwing rocks at the throne.

Regardless of every fact you attempt to throw out there, and every pre-season poll you allude to - the #3 team in the country lost IN the #4 team'shouse... And their students rushed the floor.
indifferent.gif

Cowards. Turncoats. Dude's be lined up.

smh.gif

Pathetic.

DF!!!

My dude Danny Green (Long Island!
pimp.gif
) held %$%% down last night. His game is vastly underrated for real .. no homer.

Messiah
- for real I didn't even know Tobias Harris had a younger brother. Let alone a D1 prospect younger bro.

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!

You suckas are disgusting...

Throwing rocks at the throne.

Regardless of every fact you attempt to throw out there, and every pre-season poll you allude to - the #3 team in the country lost IN the #4 team's house... And their students rushed the floor.
indifferent.gif

Cowards. Turncoats. Dude's be lined up.

smh.gif

Pathetic.

DF!!!

How do you figure? What has been said in here that ISN'T true? Who said it?

Do tell Ant....

nerd.gif

Greivis Vasquez STUCK it to MD fans...he told them to shut the f' up!
laugh.gif

Vasquez to Fans: 'Support Us or Get Out'
This is an entry I'm posting on our new blog, Press Break, but I'll post it here, too. Here is the link to Press Break, where we have a wide assortment of notes, analysis, tidbits, bracketology and many more things. We'll have a lot of local and regional (ACC/Big East) coverage on Press Break:

Maryland won't play its first road game until Wednesday, but Greivis Vasquez played today's home game against Georgia Tech as if he were in the most hostile environment in the ACC.

When Vasquez missed a shot or made a mistake, a cluster of Maryland students either booed the guard or yelled for Vasquez to shape up. And Vasquez responded at least three times by turning toward his classmates (once while dribbling the ball), putting his index finger over his lips and telling them to "Shut the [expletive] up!"

Vasquez sat at his locker after the come-from-behind victory -- one Maryland desperately needed --- and offered a clear message to a fair-weather fan base: "If they don't believe in us, they can get the hell out. We don't need them anyway. We need the people who will support us, who are with us. I know they are all happy now, but they didn't believe in us when we were down."

Vasquez's frequent back-and-forth with his own fans was one of the most compelling aspects in a sloppily played, ragged game. And it added a new layer to the off-again, on-again relationship between Maryland's best player and a fan base accustomed to better days in College Park.

Until the Morgan State game, Maryland had done everything it needed to do to piece together a NCAA tournament-quality non-conference profile. But attendance at Comcast Center has been a problem during non-conference season. The fans that have come cheer (or boo). But there have been lots of empty, even for a semi-marquee matchup with Michigan.

Coach Gary Williams won't criticize the crowd. But Vasquez never shies away from an opinion, and he has often mentioned in recent years how quickly the fans jump on and off the Terrapins' bandwagon.

At one point, the fans seemed a little taken aback by Vasquez's animosity. Coming out of a timeout with 9 seconds remaining - the victory secured - Vasquez walked over in front of the Maryland student section and unleashed a slew of expletives, telling the fans to "shut up!"

One student, bewildered, responded, "But we love you, Greivis."

Vasquez turned away.

"They don't believe in what we do," Vasquez said. "I didn't shoot well, no one else did. But they always get on me. They are always expecting something out of me. I'm not here for the fans. I'm here for myself, my family and Coach Williams."

http://voices.washingtonp...o_fans_support_us_or.html

pimp.gif
to Greivis...this dude is the only reason why MD is in games to begin with.

he may be an %+% , but he's 100% right....people are SO fairweather...esp. in College Park.

Greivis talks alot of ***#...but he wanted no parts of my dude Austin last summer
laugh.gif
He started mouthing off and when Austin motioned towards him he got low QUICK.

All Aboard the Teague Train.. I'll be your conductor Kidoopz.. This ride depicts vicious dunks, sick handles, and an array of turnovers.. But he'sstill the goods.. Thankfully Ishamil hit the bench..

Originally Posted by allen3xis

the #3 team in the country lost IN the #4 team's house
but yall were never supposed to be the #3 team in the country to begin with

I'm sayin tho... y'all were supposed to be the 2nd coming of that 87 Indiana squad... weren't y'all????

YO!
How do you figure? What has been said in here that ISN'T true? Who said it?

Do tell Ant....

nerd.gif

Jigs acting like it's the end of the world. Hell, it ain't even the end of January. This ain't college football.
but yall were never supposed to be the #3 team in the country to begin with
Hogwash! They were the ONLY team with a legitimate chance of going through the season undefeated. They lost... twice. The game last nightwas one that I half-heartedly expected to lose anyway (and I'm talking about 2 weeks ago, I thought this). When that schedule came out, I doubt anyone inChapel Hill circled January 4 or January 12. I'm sure people in Boston and Winston-Salem did though.

"Jealousy and envy is something that comes with the territory, man... It's negative energy like my man Puff say..."

Truth is: Wake is STILL a young team. They finished last night. They've got 14 more conference games.
Truth is: North Carolina is STILL the legitimate front-runner to be the National Champions. They've got 14 more conference games.

And you Dook fans... I do declare, if Roy's boys strategically put their collective "foots" in the hindparts of your beloved Durhamites..."You'll never see a fan, gloat as hard as I will. And you'll never see a fat dude from Charlotte push "reply" as hard as I will push"reply"..."

Word to that loser, Tebow.

DF!!!

YO!

And you Dook fans... I do declare, if Roy's boys strategically put their collective "foots" in the hindparts of your beloved Durhamites... "You'll never see a fan, gloat as hard as I will. And you'll never see a fat dude from Charlotte push "reply" as hard as I will push "reply"..."

DF!!!

I'm sayin tho Ant....Why does it have to be all this hostility G??? I'm Sayin Tho
laugh.gif

And you Dook fans... I do declare, if Roy's boys strategically put their collective "foots" in the hindparts of your beloved Durhamites... "You'll never see a fan, gloat as hard as I will. And you'll never see a fat dude from Charlotte push "reply" as hard as I will push "reply"..."

DF!!!
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Bring it on
devil.gif

Duke > UNC

ALL DAY

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

And you Dook fans... I do declare, if Roy's boys strategically put their collective "foots" in the hindparts of your beloved Durhamites...
"You'll never see a fan, gloat as hard as I will. And you'll never see a fat dude from Charlotte push "reply" as hard as I will push
"reply"..."
Bring it on
devil.gif

Duke > UNC

ALL DAY

LeeCorsoSombrero1.jpg

[LEE CORSO] Not so fast my friend! [LEE CORSO]

Originally Posted by kidoopz

All Aboard the Teague Train.. I'll be your conductor Kidoopz.. This ride depicts vicious dunks, sick handles, and an array of turnovers.. But he's still the goods.. Thankfully Ishamil hit the bench..
laugh.gif

The Teague train pulled out of the station last season
nerd.gif

It's just been coasting along.

DF!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Duke fans ain't even in here going hard though. Well, not that hard.

YO!

grin.gif

I won't turn this into a Dook/Carolina debate, because college basketball is most certainly bigger than... at least one of the 2 programs but a properpreview is needed.

2iaan2r.jpg

DF!!!

YO!

grin.gif

I won't turn this into a Dook/Carolina debate, because college basketball is most certainly bigger than... at least one of the 2 programs but a proper preview is needed.

2iaan2r.jpg

DF!!!
laugh.gif
, _'s LOVE throwing that picture...or any variation of it, up when a DUKE/unc debate/issue/whatever occurs

Back
Top Bottom