The College Basketball Post

Wake?!?!?!?!

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
don't blame them for rushing tho..regardless of their ranking.This team was not supposed to be this good, this fast.

Ty gets his !+$ handed to him to start conference play for a 2nd time.

0-2
laugh.gif
roll.gif

I just need Duke to get them once and for them to lose in the big tourney. They can win out besides that and I can sleep easy.

Good Bidness Teague
pimp.gif

For anybody watching the USC/UCLA game, are those kobe 3's that hacket is wearing still availible anywhere besides ebay?

Those are clean as hell
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

- I think WF can go 3-1 (Outside shot at 4-0) through that stretch. Depending on where the games are played.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Teague
smh.gif
sick.gif

Ty Lawson is getting ABUSED by the elite guards.
pimp.gif

Al Farouq out there looking like a young Erick Sermon in the face.

Not only was Jeff Teague the best player on the floor, Wake Forest was the best team on the floor.

The Demon Deacons were one club that could stand toe-to-toe with North Carolina talent-wise, but there were all sorts of questions.

Youth.

Mental toughness.

Most of all, chemistry.

"We weren't worried about all of that," Teague said scoring a career-high 34 points in the 92-89 victory.

This was a North Carolina team that still had that bitter taste in their mouth after losing to Boston College just seven days ago. There's no waythey'd fall to 0-2 in the ACC.

No chance.

But a Wake Forest group that has stressed defense since Dino Gaudio took over for the late Skip Prosser prior to last season made critical stops down thestretch and held off the Tar Heels to remain undefeated.

The Demon Deacons were allowing teams to shoot just 36 percent from the field and 28 percent from long distance entering thegame. North Carolina shot just 35 percent on Sunday night and made just 26 percent of their shots from beyond the arc.

In the six years under Prosser, Wake tried to outscore their opponent - and never held teams to less than 40 percent shootingor 34 percent from 3-point land.

Wake should be the No. 1 team in the land when the polls come out tomorrow. The Demon Deacons won't be, but they went on the road and ended BYU's53-game home winning streak, took care of Top 25 Baylor on a neutral court and put a second loss on a North Carolina club that just about everyone handed thenational title prior to a game being played this year.

The Tar Heels don't just have two losses now, but are 0-2 and take up residence in the cellar of the ACC.

"I don't think people really expected this, but we played well tonight," Teague said.

Tyler Hansbrough looked overwhelmingly average, especially in the second half. Ty Lawson's speed was kept in check by the quick and athletic Wake guards -and Wayne Ellington didn't get his perimeter shot going until it was too late.

Teague was terrific, but I'm fairly certain he wouldn't have left Joel Coliseum with 34 points if Marcus Ginyard had been on the court.

People seem to forget Ginyard is the lone player on the Tar Heels who is above-average defensively. Lawson has the ability to be a lock-down defender, butdoesn't seem to care much about that end of the floor - whereas that's all that Ginyard is concerned with.

If Ginyard returns from his stress fracture at 100 percent - whenever that is - the Tar Heels are a different club.

But for now, North Carolina is beatable. Just ask BC and Wake Forest.

The Tar Heels can't get a crucial stop. When they have to put Danny Green on the opposing team's top offensive player, it's not going to be pretty.

Teague, who will certainly move up from the No. 7 spot he held in my Player of the Year Rankings last week, just might be the most underrated player in thenation.

Was it a coming-out party?

"I don't look at it like that," he said. "All I care about was getting the win."

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Demar
eek.gif
Boy is balling out.

Must be scouts in the building.
Wayne Ellington didn't get his perimeter shot going until it was too late.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

This _ always folding. He's not quite a bum, but damn.
Teague was terrific, but I'm fairly certain he wouldn't have left Joel Coliseum with 34 points if Marcus Ginyard had been on the court.
I don't think so.

Ginyard cannot stay in front of Teague and JT woulda got dude in foul trouble.

He might not have left w/ 34....Maybe only 30

Too bad we'll only get a year of Demar vs. Jrue or that could be very interesting to keep watching as they progress over the off-season.

I'm pretty sure at least one of Jrue/Derozan stays.

I'd put my money on Jrue.

Esp if Demar plays the rest of the season, the way he's playing in this game.

am i crazy for thinking James (or jeff cant remember) johnson for wake can play in the nba?.....he didnt score much but i really like his game...

Back
Top Bottom