The College Basketball Post

I'd agree.

I think Jrue becomes a great 2 or 3 year college player.

Too bad he and Collison have NO frontline help.

James Johnson is DEFINITELY a very legitimate NBA talent.

There would be no question about it if he was at a program where he would be showcased night in and night out.

But w/ the talent they have at WFU, That's just not going to happen.

I'd agree that Jrue is more likely than DeMar to leave, but the scouts are just in love with Holiday. He has been slurped so much and it surprised me sincehe really is another smallish combo guard. I think at the end of the year they both are gone.

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

am i crazy for thinking James (or jeff cant remember) johnson for wake can play in the nba?.....he didnt score much but i really like his game...
Yes, I think he can be a mid first round pick, probably next year.

I think him being from Wyoming actually has a bit to do with being under the radar, plus Teague exploding and the arrival of the Prince.

Rule of thumb is you need to have 3 pro's to win a title...that team does
nerd.gif

surprised me since he really is another smallish combo guard.
Exactly...it is strange to see people think he's a sure fire lotto pick...

he has to prove he can run the point at some point.

James Johnson. . Another recruit that Mick Cronin swung and missed on
smh.gif

Just looking at guys that we thought we had around college basketball UC would have a MUCH better team on the floor right now.

Courtney Fortson, Jason Henry & Varez Ward (Turned away from UC), Scotty Hopson (Long shot with him), Hasheem Thabeet, Kemba Walker, James Johnson, XavierGibson, Dequan Jones, Swopshire, Anthony Randolph, Dar Tucker (All guys that we were in it with down to the wire and were favorites with some of them). . If wewould've just landed 1 or 2 of these players!

It seems like Mick just can't seal the deal on a big name guy outside of Yancey so far, and he was a hometown kid.
tired.gif

I think...if yall are a top school for Kendrick...that Roscoe coming on board would take him out of our equation andwould obviously increase your chances.

I actually believe we've simmered a bit on Jalen...and will most likely take Roscoe and Rod Odom to round out '10.

But if Roscoe was a Tar Heel..Kendrick most likely gets the full court press and = Hoya.

nice win over these #*%+%$+ fraud $%$ bums

we own this #%$%@ in there own little new house

fake $%$ fans coming out cause the great ones is playing GO HOME A CRY ABOUT YALL SHOULD BE IN THE TITLE GAME

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

nice win over these #*%+%$+ fraud $%$ bums

we own this #%$%@ in there own little new house

fake $%$ fans coming out cause the great ones is playing GO HOME A CRY ABOUT YALL SHOULD BE IN THE TITLE GAME

laugh.gif
.....i think Jrue stays for one more year.....sloppy game andkeefe
sick.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I think...if yall are a top school for Kendrick...that Roscoe coming on board would take him out of our equation and would obviously increase your chances.

I actually believe we've simmered a bit on Jalen...and will most likely take Roscoe and Rod Odom to round out '10.

But if Roscoe was a Tar Heel..Kendrick most likely gets the full court press and = Hoya.

Yea, I don't think we land Jelan in either scenario. It seems like he's been cold on us lately. I think we've received two cancelled visits fromhim so far. Maybe I'm looking too far into it and there was a conflict with high school basketball, but it just seemed odd to cancel twice. I don'tknow where the kid ends up though maybe we still have a shot with him. I really want the big Brandon Mobley kid from GA, and land Teague's brother for2011. The scary thing with Teague's younger brother is that he is light years ahead of where Jeff was at this stage. Only PG better than him at this pointis Austin Rivers, and Rivers is sick.

Hopefully, we can run off a few wins in a row as we got through a softer part of the BE schedule which still isn't even soft, and I can stop focusing somuch on future recruiting.

I think UNC just isn't that good, end of story. I really don't even know if this is a final 4 team. It's too early in the season to tell, butEllington is a bum, Lawson can be stopped by a good guard and Hansbum...is Hansbum. Only dude on the team who is a reliable crunch time guy and a player Iwould want on my squad is Green.

3-0 at Galen
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Is it me, or does it seem like Taj Gibson been in school for like 8 years?
laugh.gif
hard to believe he's only a junior.

Good win 2nite, glad Nikola stepped up and I hope Jrue gets more aggressive on the offensive end.

roll.gif

I swear...

If I felt like searching through this whole thread right now I would quote you bammas that were saying "I don't see anybody beating UNC thisyear."

Now we got cats saying UNC isn't even good.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by MDterps4

roll.gif

I swear...

If I felt like searching through this whole thread right now I would quote you bammas that were saying "I don't see anybody beating UNC this year."

Now we got cats saying UNC isn't even good.
smh.gif

I'm pretty sure people were laughing at you for saying Maryland would get UNC at least once. Those chances are better than they were before but stillslim, nonetheless.

UNC losing again, Duke/UCONN winning.....

04a257fe0eb866c4a2c3260570ccda5888aee49.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

I'm pretty sure people were laughing at you for saying Maryland would get UNC at least once. Those chances are better than they were before but still slim, nonetheless.
Go ahead, laugh away. Not only will the Terps beat UNC, we'll beat Duke as well.

Originally Posted by MDterps4

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

I'm pretty sure people were laughing at you for saying Maryland would get UNC at least once. Those chances are better than they were before but still slim, nonetheless.
Go ahead, laugh away. Not only will the Terps beat UNC, we'll beat Duke as well.
Maybe when Gary gets canned at the end of the season, he'll let you carry the boxes out of his office.

DaComeUP wrote:
Originally Posted by hampisaboss

DaComeUP wrote:

Cincy
smh.gif
tired.gif
. .Sometimes I just don't know how I am even able to watch every game. We have the lowest collective basketball IQ in the BE, in addition to being horrible on defense.

How long do u think Mick is gonna last

Mick is safe for 2 more years IMO. Next year, we have to make the NCAAs though with Cash back and getting Ibrahima Thomas in the lineup. The recruits that Mick pulls in the 2010 class that is loaded. I'd love to see Adreian Payne and Jalen Kendrick as Bearcats , but when we are starting to pull crowds of 6,000 per night then you have to wonder how can you get big name players to even want to play at your school. (Unless boosters are tossing money at the families, which UC hasn't been known for.) It seems like Mock had better gameplans last year with a less talented team IMO. This team has far more talent and athleticism, yet we sit in zones while Marquette shoots our eyes out and then also plan zone at times against UCONN. I just don't get it.

I agree... The effort the team gives sucks let alone Micks schemes sucks too.. I feel bad for the city of Cincy cuz yal are so passionate about BearcatBasketball. Have u seen Tyree Evans killin at Kent State? I know UC is salty he and Deonta are not the backcourt...Maybe Mick should get the Lexus Dealershippoppin like use to Huggs so he can get some big time recruits
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom