The College Basketball Post

81e157e7436d7cabe3e0df2bc77b5c66db8e016.gif

This team will not win a championship. I wanted to believe that we could get better on D, but that just isn't going to happen with this group of players.If and when we run into a team in March that plays good hard D, we are going to catch an L.

Ginyard wouldn't have made a difference in that game last night, and there are talks about him red shirting because his leg is in fact much more serious ofa problem than originally expected.

Danny Green is a baller and played his %%# off last night. I wanted to kill Hansbrough when he took that 3 late in the second half. I thought that was one ofthe biggest possessions in the game and he pulled that %@+$. Ty has played like crap now in two straight ACC game. Deon Thompson is so soft too. Ed Davis needsmore playing time. We have basically the same team and our rebounding has dropped by 5 boards a game....
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

How Nova is still ranked is beyond me

How Duke is ahead of Wake is beyond me.

[table][tr][td]ESPN/USA Today Poll[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 1. Pittsburgh (29) 15-0 773[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2. Duke 14-1 729[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 3. Wake Forest (2) 14-0 725[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 4. Connecticut 14-1 660[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 5. Oklahoma 15-1 617[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 6. North Carolina 14-2 611[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 7. UCLA 13-2 576[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 8. Syracuse 16-1 560[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 9. Clemson 16-0 528[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10. Michigan State 13-2 503[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11. Texas 12-3 421[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12. Georgetown 11-3 365[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13. Notre Dame 12-3 363[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14. Marquette 15-2 353[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15. Arizona State 14-2 328[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16. Xavier 13-2 279[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17. Minnesota 15-1 262[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18. Butler 14-1 256[/td] [/tr][tr][td]19. Purdue 12-4 182[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20. Louisville 11-3 173[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21. Baylor 13-2 159[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22. Villanova 13-3 110[/td] [/tr][tr][td]23. California 15-2 109[/td] [/tr][tr][td]24. Michigan 13-3 78[/td] [/tr][tr][td]25. Saint Mary's 15-1 62[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Others Receiving Votes
Arkansas 51, Illinois 47, Memphis 42, Brigham Young 37, Gonzaga 17, Dayton 14, Tennessee 11, Utah State 11, Wisconsin 10, Florida 9, Illinois State 9, West Virginia 7, Davidson 6, Boston College 6, Ohio State 5, Miami (FL) 4, Washington 3, Missouri 2, Texas A&M 1, UNLV 1.
Dropped From Rankings
West Virginia 22, Boston College 24, Tennessee 25. [/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!

grin.gif

I won't turn this into a Dook/Carolina debate, because college basketball is most certainly bigger than... at least one of the 2 programs but a proper preview is needed.

2iaan2r.jpg

DF!!!

You know whats actually
laugh.gif
is that picture has lost its luster as much asy'all have posted it.

since we're posting pics... How About You Just Rest On This One For A While....

ncb_u_wakef_576.jpg

Yea... Salt In the Wound.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Greivis talks alot of ***#...but he wanted no parts of my dude Austin last summer
laugh.gif
He started mouthing off and when Austin motioned towards him he got low QUICK.

That's not being a **%* that's being smart. Austin outweigh him by a good 100 pound probably
laugh.gif
And he got some inches on him.

@%$* that, all y'all Carolina cats is %#++%@%
laugh.gif

But on the real before you Duke boys get a little too gassed, they have a loss coming to them pretty soon when the Monroe and crew roll into town. It'stoo easy in the season, and while I don't think Carolina is going to win it right now, they are still the front runner in my mind. I mean 0-2 is as bad astart as possible but if you guys don't think this team's play will get better y'all delusional.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Greivis Vasquez STUCK it to MD fans...he told them to shut the f' up!
laugh.gif

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/terrapins-insider/2009/01/vasquez_to_fans_support_us_or.htmlhttp://voices.washingtonp...o_fans_support_us_or.html

pimp.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]to Greivis...this dude is the only reason why MD is in games to begin with.[/color]

he may be an %+% , but he's 100% right....people are SO fairweather...esp. in College Park.
nerd.gif

You cannot be serious.

I'm a fan of Greivis, but dude's head is WAY too big. He thinks he can get away with jacking up 20 shots a game, most of them the ugliest forced +*+@I've ever seen, and only making 5-7 shots... If I recall correctly, Eric Hayes was the one hitting big shots down the stretch Saturday.

Greivis has my respect though, dude can hoop. But taking shots at YOUR OWN fans? That's blasphemy...

Originally Posted by jville819

Jan. 10, 2009 at Florida State 2:00 pm ET

Mar. 3, 2009 Florida State 8:00 pm ET
L

Originally Posted by dreClark

Jan. 10, 2009 at Florida State 2:00 pm ET

Mar. 3, 2009 Florida State 8:00 pm ET
L
That's a DUB jville

If we don't win both I'll buy your ticket to the Wake game next year in Winston-Salem. Or any away game cept uf
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Don't think I forgot.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

laugh.gif

But on the real before you Duke boys get a little too gassed, they have a loss coming to them pretty soon when the Monroe and crew roll into town. It's too easy in the season, and while I don't think Carolina is going to win it right now, they are still the front runner in my mind. I mean 0-2 is as bad a start as possible but if you guys don't think this team's play will get better y'all delusional.
What Duke fan is gassed in here? Certainly not I.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

laugh.gif

But on the real before you Duke boys get a little too gassed, they have a loss coming to them pretty soon when the Monroe and crew roll into town. It's too easy in the season, and while I don't think Carolina is going to win it right now, they are still the front runner in my mind. I mean 0-2 is as bad a start as possible but if you guys don't think this team's play will get better y'all delusional.

I'm sure we have atleast 2-3 coming before March hits... and the thing about that is that its to be expected. UNC on the other hand, going all the wayback to the the postseason/off season thread G... You remember how those cats were talking about how nobody was seeing them, they were going to walk thier waythrough the ACC etc. I know I'm not the only one who remembers that G.

And I'm fairly certain we're good in terms of that Gtown game, I'm more concerned that we have to play both Wake and UNC twice... that can be 4L's right there. So I know what time it is Bro, I'm a realist fam.

Originally Posted by MDterps4

laugh.gif

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/terrapins-insider/2009/01/vasquez_to_fans_support_us_or.htmlhttp://voices.washingtonp...o_fans_support_us_or.html/http://voices.washingtonp...o_fans_support_us_or.html

pimp.gif
to Greivis...this dude is the only reason why MD is in games to begin with.

he may be an %+% , but he's 100% right....people are SO fairweather...esp. in College Park.
nerd.gif

You cannot be serious.

I'm a fan of Greivis, but dude's head is WAY too big. He thinks he can get away with jacking up 20 shots a game, most of them the ugliest forced +*+@ I've ever seen, and only making 5-7 shots... If I recall correctly, Eric Hayes was the one hitting big shots down the stretch Saturday.

Greivis has my respect though, dude can hoop. But taking shots at YOUR OWN fans? That's blasphemy...

I'm as serious as DLo at a klan meeting
tongue.gif

but seriously....u take Greivis off the UMD squad, what's your record looking like? You gonna trust Gary's wack system and Milbourne/Hayes to lead thesquad? As much as Greivis is an *@#, he's the BEST talent you all have by far. I dunno if you can draw comparisons to Vasquez and John Gilchrist (teammentality wise), but there is no denying that he is the straw that stirs the drink.

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

No one has even mentioned the games tonight ..

ND at L'Ville
Texas at Oklahoma

.. i'll take L'Ville at home and Texas.

Was thinking the same thing and I like your picks. I'm rolling with Louisville and Texas. Can't wait...

I'll take Texas and an inconsistent Louisville team.

btw, 300 pages at about the mid-way point of the regular season is
pimp.gif
. Best thread on NT.

Originally Posted by MDterps4

laugh.gif

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/terrapins-insider/2009/01/vasquez_to_fans_support_us_or.htmlhttp://voices.washingtonp...o_fans_support_us_or.html/http://voices.washingtonp...o_fans_support_us_or.htmlhttp://voices.washingtonp...o_fans_support_us_or.html

pimp.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]to Greivis...this dude is the only reason why MD is in games to begin with.[/color]

nerd.gif

You cannot be serious.

I'm a fan of Greivis, but dude's head is WAY too big. He thinks he can get away with jacking up 20 shots a game, most of them the ugliest forced +*+@ I've ever seen, and only making 5-7 shots... If I recall correctly, Eric Hayes was the one hitting big shots down the stretch Saturday.

I'm as serious as DLo at a klan meeting
tongue.gif

but seriously....u take Greivis off the UMD squad, what's your record looking like? You gonna trust Gary's wack system and Milbourne/Hayes to lead the squad? As much as Greivis is an *@#, he's the BEST talent you all have by far. I dunno if you can draw comparisons to Vasquez and John Gilchrist (team mentality wise), but there is no denying that he is the straw that stirs the drink.
Gary's "wack system"? You mean the flex offense? I don't know if that is a whack system but I'll give you the benefit ofthe doubt if you want.

Greivis our best talent? He's the best player we have RIGHT NOW, but not the best talent. That goes to Adrian Bowie in my opinion. I don't think NTwatches the Terps enough to legitimately say who is and who isn't a good player on the squad. Greivis isn't as good as you think. Name a strong partin his game. His ball handling is sub-par, he doesn't pass, and his shooting/defense is just OK. And as far as comparisons to Gilchrist, I'd muchrather have Gilchrist. The dude was one of the best players in the ACC before Gary began his little feud with with him.
tired.gif

With that said, I still like Greivis. Dude is a good player, and I can't deny that. He DOES carry this team. But you can't say he's leaps andbounds better than anybody else on the squad, that would just be disrespectful. I say Greivis drops 25+ against Miami Wednesday night.
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by haiti5

they have a loss coming to them pretty soon when the Monroe
laugh.gif
..gtown aint lookin good bro..i doubt it..for some reason i think the Ville gon beat ND tonight

So do I. And I hate them so much.
laugh.gif

Lawson got exposed. Teague could stay in front and was just better all around. His ability to finish and drive is nice. Teams know how to attack now. You justneed to get back in transition and attack guys like Lawson. Handjob just didn't get the calls with all the flailing %!!#@%+@.

Can't wait for Wednesday. Allen some kind of bet?
nerd.gif

I'm thinking about putting some money on some games tonight. I'm planning on taking...

Texas at +4.5
Notre Dame at +6.5
Davidson at -11

Davidson plays Appy State...anyone know anything about them?

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Kabongo to Texas.
Another New Jersey commit for Rick...
pimp.gif

Where's this kid stack up in the 2011 class? Elite?

Give me the Sooners in Norman tonight...

laugh.gif
this thread is turning into one of "those" threads. if you guys could keep all the bickering and rivalry talk out of this thread, it'dreally be appreciated. we don't need this run over by a bunch of homers and lames just shouting out their teams and taking shots at others after 300 pagesof solid bball talk in here. find another one please.

Back
Top Bottom