The 5 Richest counties in the US...vol. NoVA STAND UP!!

I literally want to shoot myself every time I'm there for  more than 2 days. 
What the !#%% do you people do there? Go from one strip mall to another?

You should shoot yourself anyway.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

no wonder VA has the most cars with customized license plates I've ever seen out of any state ever.... too much money
That's interesting. Basing wealth off of the amount of personalized license plates.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

no wonder VA has the most cars with customized license plates I've ever seen out of any state ever.... too much money
That's interesting. Basing wealth off of the amount of personalized license plates.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

I can't. I love talking $%!* about that place. 
Even my 78 year old grandfather gets bored there after a few days.

Place sucks. 

I'd rather risk getting robbed/killed in Bmore than live in a suburb like that.

Places like that have no soul.  I get depressed just thinking about the nothingness there. 
laugh.gif

Place sucks. 

Places like that have no soul.  I get depressed just thinking about the nothingness there. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Place sucks. 

laugh.gif

Well considering I haven't lived there since high school, I'd agree that it's somewhat boring, although it is a suburb, and most suburbs are like that. But LOL @ comparing Baltimore and Howard County. HoCo is a place to raise a family, with a strong education system, excellent real estate, and a great environment. Baltimore is a sewer in comparison.

Place sucks. 

laugh.gif

Well considering I haven't lived there since high school, I'd agree that it's somewhat boring, although it is a suburb, and most suburbs are like that. But LOL @ comparing Baltimore and Howard County. HoCo is a place to raise a family, with a strong education system, excellent real estate, and a great environment. Baltimore is a sewer in comparison.

Howard County is not a great place to raise a family. Places like Bethesda, MD and Arlington, VA are great places to raise kids. They have everything that Howard County has with the included access to a major city. You also said get a car, which in actuality will become the downfall of places like Howard County because of suburban sprawl. More and more people don't want to hop in a car to go somewhere anymore, the majority want access to decent public transportation, which Howard County does not have. These problems have been going on for years here but these idiots in charge (at least in Columbia) want to try to preserve what will make the area irrelevant in coming decades. They have been talking about commercializing Columbia's lakefront for years but have yet to do anything because of all the old !$$%% complaining how it will attract the wrong people.

Howard County is not a great place to raise a family. Places like Bethesda, MD and Arlington, VA are great places to raise kids. They have everything that Howard County has with the included access to a major city. You also said get a car, which in actuality will become the downfall of places like Howard County because of suburban sprawl. More and more people don't want to hop in a car to go somewhere anymore, the majority want access to decent public transportation, which Howard County does not have. These problems have been going on for years here but these idiots in charge (at least in Columbia) want to try to preserve what will make the area irrelevant in coming decades. They have been talking about commercializing Columbia's lakefront for years but have yet to do anything because of all the old !$$%% complaining how it will attract the wrong people.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Surprised at no Marin County

Dunno bro.  We starting to move back towards the pack.  Too many low income housing units built all over this place lately.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Surprised at no Marin County

Dunno bro.  We starting to move back towards the pack.  Too many low income housing units built all over this place lately.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

The hell does any of that have to do with raising a family?
laugh.gif

Education system, environment, and real estate are the only pertinent issues people consider when choosing a place to settle down. 

The hell does any of that have to do with raising a family?
laugh.gif

Education system, environment, and real estate are the only pertinent issues people consider when choosing a place to settle down. 

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Dirtylicious wrote:

the first thing i noticed when i moved to VA 3 or so months ago...there has to be a reason for the amount. 

Custom plates in VA are cheap, just an additional 10 dollars a year on top of your vehicle registration.

Dirtylicious wrote:

the first thing i noticed when i moved to VA 3 or so months ago...there has to be a reason for the amount. 

Custom plates in VA are cheap, just an additional 10 dollars a year on top of your vehicle registration.

I live in Columbia...I mean its not like DC, obviously, but I don't see how y'all say its so boring. lol I'm 20 minutes from Bmore and like 40 from DC. Out of the hustle and bustle of the city, but close enough to go there whenever.

I live in Columbia...I mean its not like DC, obviously, but I don't see how y'all say its so boring. lol I'm 20 minutes from Bmore and like 40 from DC. Out of the hustle and bustle of the city, but close enough to go there whenever.

Originally Posted by RedMan

Dirtylicious wrote:

im glad you came thru wit the info cause i was like  
eek.gif
 at the amount. my apt complex definitely aint high income so i knew it wasnt based off folks income but its prolly 30% of the cars which is crazy

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by frijo sneaker

Damn. No love for Beverly Hills?
Beverly Hills is in Los Angeles county.  If you're looking for a "wealthy" county in California, look at Orange County just south of L.A.
Marin has lead the state for the past few years...

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by frijo sneaker

Damn. No love for Beverly Hills?
Beverly Hills is in Los Angeles county.  If you're looking for a "wealthy" county in California, look at Orange County just south of L.A.
Marin has lead the state for the past few years...

Originally Posted by RedMan

Dirtylicious wrote:

im glad you came thru wit the info cause i was like  
eek.gif
 at the amount. my apt complex definitely aint high income so i knew it wasnt based off folks income but its prolly 30% of the cars which is crazy

yeah custom plates only $10 and can get a new one every month if you want to.
My aunt lives in NoVa and works for Freddie Mac...... she makes over $100,000. Which is crazy cash to at least 90% of the jobs in 757.lol She's about to move to virginia beach and her pay will drop drastically. She doesn't seem too worried about it since she's bored out there and want to be closer to family.

yeah custom plates only $10 and can get a new one every month if you want to.
My aunt lives in NoVa and works for Freddie Mac...... she makes over $100,000. Which is crazy cash to at least 90% of the jobs in 757.lol She's about to move to virginia beach and her pay will drop drastically. She doesn't seem too worried about it since she's bored out there and want to be closer to family.

Howard County is not a great place to raise a family. Places like Bethesda, MD and Arlington, VA are great places to raise kids. They have everything that Howard County has with the included access to a major city. 
Yep, true that. 
I wish we had half the train system Tokyo does, in D.C... Clean trains that run on time, clean stations, peace of mind.

Howard County is not a great place to raise a family. Places like Bethesda, MD and Arlington, VA are great places to raise kids. They have everything that Howard County has with the included access to a major city. 
Yep, true that. 
I wish we had half the train system Tokyo does, in D.C... Clean trains that run on time, clean stations, peace of mind.

Back
Top Bottom