The 5 Richest counties in the US...vol. NoVA STAND UP!!

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Sucks, I live in MoCo and I see it becoming less and less wealthy.
Not less wealthy but advancing at a much slower rate than the neighboring counties/cities.
I believe the median income is being destroyed in this Co. by the influx of immigrants to the area, specifically Wheaton, Langley Park, etc. My gf teaches kindergarten off of 193/Univ. Blvd, it is looking third world over there.

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Sucks, I live in MoCo and I see it becoming less and less wealthy.
Not less wealthy but advancing at a much slower rate than the neighboring counties/cities.
I believe the median income is being destroyed in this Co. by the influx of immigrants to the area, specifically Wheaton, Langley Park, etc. My gf teaches kindergarten off of 193/Univ. Blvd, it is looking third world over there.

Raised in Howard County, and my parents still live there.
pimp.gif

Fantastic area.

Northern VA.
pimp.gif
...It's calm and quiet here...perfect for those who are retired or want to start a nice family. I want a bit more "excitement" though.
ohwell.gif

Northern VA.
pimp.gif
...It's calm and quiet here...perfect for those who are retired or want to start a nice family. I want a bit more "excitement" though.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by VietStar

Northern VA.
pimp.gif
ohwell.gif

DITTO.
pimp.gif
been here all my life, i'm ready to move elsewhere
still a great place to live though

Originally Posted by VietStar

Northern VA.
pimp.gif
ohwell.gif

DITTO.
pimp.gif
been here all my life, i'm ready to move elsewhere
still a great place to live though

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by hollatchaboi34

Have you been to Stamford?? Long ridge, high ridge, north Stamford?
yeah i've been. it's not up to par with the rest of fairfield county. greenwich, new canaan, darien, westport, wilton, etc. are what people associated with FC.....bridgeport and stamford not so much.
not saying there aren't nice parts but the median incomes there are much lower.

Stamford isn't up there with Greenwich, New Canaan, Darien, Westport, etc. because it is still a large city with heavy pockets of poverty. However, from what I understand the areas of North Stamford rivial areas of Greenwich for wealth atleast by income by zipcode. Stamford is very expensive and average salaries are higher than just about anywhere else in the country.

It's weird not seeing Fairfield County on the list because it has been on so many times in years past. I think it has a lot to do with the Financial sector really taking a hit these last couple of years. As someone else mentioned, DC and governmental agencies haven't feel the brunt of the recession as much as the financial sector which Fairfield County is so dependent on.

Also, you gotta realize that down county is much more affluent than Northern Fairfield. I mean, you can't compare Darien to Newtown. But that thing is, Newtown is still a very nice town with an abundance of wealthy residents tucked away. It just so happens that those towns (Newtown, Trumbull, Monroe, New Fairfield, Shelton, Stratford, Bethel) have you average run of the mill citizens living in them who are no where near banking major salaries. I'm not sure if the same could be said for places like Fairfax County, Virginia.

Also, having Bridgeport really doesn't help either. That place is def. one of the poorest in the Northeast maybe even the East Coast.

its just all of the small towns that bring down the high numbers of New Canaan, Darien, Westport & Greenwich.
last time something like this went out, but for any town, New Canaan was 1st in the Country, and Darien was I believe 2nd or in the top 10. 

never knew there were so many Fairfield County, CT Nters here, or at least people who live in the area. 

Originally Posted by hollatchaboi34

Have you been to Stamford?? Long ridge, high ridge, north Stamford?
yeah i've been. it's not up to par with the rest of fairfield county. greenwich, new canaan, darien, westport, wilton, etc. are what people associated with FC.....bridgeport and stamford not so much.

Stamford isn't up there with Greenwich, New Canaan, Darien, Westport, etc. because it is still a large city with heavy pockets of poverty. However, from what I understand the areas of North Stamford rivial areas of Greenwich for wealth atleast by income by zipcode. Stamford is very expensive and average salaries are higher than just about anywhere else in the country.

It's weird not seeing Fairfield County on the list because it has been on so many times in years past. I think it has a lot to do with the Financial sector really taking a hit these last couple of years. As someone else mentioned, DC and governmental agencies haven't feel the brunt of the recession as much as the financial sector which Fairfield County is so dependent on.

Also, you gotta realize that down county is much more affluent than Northern Fairfield. I mean, you can't compare Darien to Newtown. But that thing is, Newtown is still a very nice town with an abundance of wealthy residents tucked away. It just so happens that those towns (Newtown, Trumbull, Monroe, New Fairfield, Shelton, Stratford, Bethel) have you average run of the mill citizens living in them who are no where near banking major salaries. I'm not sure if the same could be said for places like Fairfax County, Virginia.

Also, having Bridgeport really doesn't help either. That place is def. one of the poorest in the Northeast maybe even the East Coast.

its just all of the small towns that bring down the high numbers of New Canaan, Darien, Westport & Greenwich.
last time something like this went out, but for any town, New Canaan was 1st in the Country, and Darien was I believe 2nd or in the top 10. 

never knew there were so many Fairfield County, CT Nters here, or at least people who live in the area. 

No surprise here, when 1 bedroom condos are in the $1,200-$1,600 a month range, before condo fees. 
grin.gif

I live in Alexandria now, but lived in Springfield and Centreville.

I tell people all the time how much people make in the DMV, but people seem to never believe me.

No surprise here, when 1 bedroom condos are in the $1,200-$1,600 a month range, before condo fees. 
grin.gif

I live in Alexandria now, but lived in Springfield and Centreville.

I tell people all the time how much people make in the DMV, but people seem to never believe me.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

i know exactly what you're talking about. It was CNN Money Magazine's "Where is the Wealth". A List of the 25 highest earning/income towns in the United States. New Canaan was 1. Darien was 2, and Greenwich and Westport were in the top 15. Four towns from one county.
eek.gif
 The money  there is crazy though.

That list, like every other one, changes yearly though.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/moneymag/0807/gallery.bplive_topearners.moneymag/index.html  

i know exactly what you're talking about. It was CNN Money Magazine's "Where is the Wealth". A List of the 25 highest earning/income towns in the United States. New Canaan was 1. Darien was 2, and Greenwich and Westport were in the top 15. Four towns from one county.
eek.gif

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/moneymag/0807/gallery.bplive_topearners.moneymag/index.html  

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

pimp.gif

Fantastic area.

pimp.gif
What part?
Scaggsville
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

You?

I literally want to shoot myself every time I'm there for  more than 2 days. 
What the !#%% do you people do there? Go from one strip mall to another? 

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

pimp.gif

Fantastic area.

pimp.gif
What part?
Scaggsville
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

You?

eek.gif

Norwalk and Bridgeport bring the median income way down 
laugh.gif

eek.gif

Norwalk and Bridgeport bring the median income way down 
laugh.gif

You should shoot yourself anyway.

Back
Top Bottom